Wario WIP by RobotMonkeyHead

It just fades in directly behind Wario and fades out after it launches him, or after it's hung around for about 10 seconds without being used. 

Similar to the Flaming Wario and Snowman Wario, it only takes a little bit of power to summon the Dasherator itself.  Once it's used, Wario's power drains as he's running back and forth.  You can summon it at level 1, but if you choose to keep running back and forth, it's possible to use up your entire meter.

Hmm, is Wario invincible for the length of his run? Will he have some 2/3 hit super armor instead? Will you add his slide attack while Dasherator run?

Hmm, is Wario invincible for the length of his run? Will he have some 2/3 hit super armor instead? Will you add his slide attack while Dasherator run?

Good question.  Invincible? Not sure... maybe he can only be hit by other hypers (taking 2/3 damage from them)?  Slide attack? Definitely.

@Clownman, thanks, I don't have that one added yet, but it def will be :)
@SPRI YAR ZON, I haven't started on the bomb moves yet.  I'm still not entirely sure what to do for them actually.

Any ideas for the bob-omb moves are welcome at this point.  Some ideas so far:
__/ Hypers
1) Wario stomps or whistles or does some sort of call, and a bunch of bob-ombs start parachuting in from the top and marching in from the sides.
2) Wario throws about 15 bob-ombs rolled up into one big ball, which all explode at once if they hit the opponent, or of it hits the ground it breaks apart into a bunch of individual bobombs all running around.
__/ Supers:
1) QP: Wario sets down a bob-omb where he's standing which starts walking.  MP: he rolls one like a bowling ball.  SP: He throws one in an arc which slides a little then begins walking.
2)All punch buttons toss a bob-omb at a different arc, which explode when they hit the ground.

If anyone's feeling contributing more to this project, here's a list of some things Wario could use:
1) Any ideas for win quotes.
2) A Warioman flying sprite in the same size and scale as this Wario. (For an an intro)
3) A new large portrait, and any custom large portraits for various screen packs.
4) A new small portrait.

Progress Update:
Max Fastosity Dasherator hyper is finished except for the hitdefs.  It's now quite a bit easier to jump off the opponents head.  Minor fix, so when jumping over opponent and continuing in that direction, he no longer turns then turns back to walking, he just keeps facing the same direction.  And one final thing,  I was thinking of doing Wario's damage scaling identical to SF4.  What do you guys think?

@Clownman, thanks, I don't have that one added yet, but it def will be :)
@SPRI YAR ZON, I haven't started on the bomb moves yet.  I'm still not entirely sure what to do for them actually... 

Any ideas for the bob-omb moves are welcome at this point.  Some ideas so far:

__/ Hypers
1) Wario stomps or whistles or does some sort of call, and a bunch of bob-ombs start parachuting in from the top and marching in from the sides.
2) Wario throws about 15 bob-ombs rolled up into one big ball, which all explode at once if they hit the opponent, or of it hits the ground it breaks apart into a bunch of individual bobombs all running around.

__/ Supers:
1) QP: Wario sets down a bob-omb where he's standing which starts walking.  MP: he rolls one like a bowling ball.  SP: He throws one in an arc which slides a little then begins walking.
2)All punch buttons toss a bob-omb at a different arc, which explode when they hit the ground.

If anyone's feeling contributing more to this project, here's a list of some things Wario could use:
1) Any ideas for win quotes.
2) A Warioman flying sprite in the same size and scale as this Wario.
3) A new large portrait, and any custom large portraits for various screen packs.
4) A new small portrait.

Progress Update:
Max Fastosity Dasherator hyper is finished except for the hitdefs.  It's now quite a bit easier to jump off the opponents head.  Minor fix, so when jumping over opponent and continuing in that direction, he no longer turns then turns back to walking, he just keeps facing the same direction.  And one final thing,  I was thinking of doing Wario's damage scaling identical to SF4.  What do you guys think?

I think that sounds fine. Damage scaling in SF4 is pretty good. Although you might want to tweak damage accordingly. Supers do a pretty bit of damage, and so do ultras. Other than that, I say go for it.

I do know there is some Bob-Omb sprites in that one hand-drawn peach character. The art style kind of reminds me of Shake It!'s so I guess that could work. Besides that, I would give a go for at least an intro for Wario Man. Bear with me, Editing these sprites MAY not be easy. XP ((I have something similar to Homer's Intro in my mind.))

Winqoutes is something I can try and help with... May even as a few guys I know to help. Just be sure to look at the DS game Master of Diguise and you should be able to get a good Wario personality in your mind.

@Clownman: Cool, I'll check those bob-omb sprites out.  For the Warioman intro, if anyone else wants to produce the sprites I'll use them, but don't think I'm up for adding sprite creation to my current work load.

Progress Update:

Max Fastosity Dasherator hyper is finished, save for sparks / dust / explosion etc.  Here's a quick video preview.

This looks really nice... Sadly, no sound. Did you use the "Wario Land: Shake it!" sounds for the Dasherator?

Use a variety of fitting random Wario voice clips when he squeezes into the Dasherator.

That sounds like a good idea. It would add a bit more spice when Wario squeezes in the Dasherator. I like how the Dasherator Hyper is coming along. Can't wait for this character!

I certainly will add those sfx.  I plan on doing all Wario's sounds in one shot, once everything else is finished, so a lot of the shit is missing sounds right now.

Progress Update:
Sparks, dust and explosions added to Dasherator hyper.  Also started and finished Captain Syrup Pile Driver hyper.  That's 6 hypers total so far.  Starting on Ground Pound hyper now which will be 7, then the Bob-omb one will make 8. 

What's that hyper called that Akuma has where everything goes black and he beats the shit out of the opponent, then it gets light and he's standing there with the "heaven" kanji on his back?  I kind of want to add one of those to Wario too using that weird shake it animation thing.

Progress Update:

I updated Wario's throw linking mechanics to the following:

x + y = throw 1 (spin)      y + z = throw 2 (roll)

a + b = throw 3 (toss)     b + c = throw 4 (slam)

Essentially

/1\    /2\

(x)    (y)    (z)

(a)    (b)    (c)

\3/     \4/

- The ground throw chain still goes 1, 2, 4, 3. It's sort of a circle around the 'square' of possible button combinations, if that makes any sense.

- The air throw chain is now 1, 4, 2, 3.  It's sort of an X shape in the 'square'.

- There is now the additional possibility of a ground roll or an air roll followed by 3 consecutive slams: 2, 4, 4, 4
- The 3 consecutive slams can also just be done on their own, with no roll / air roll lead in: 4, 4, 4
- The first throw deals the full 80 damage.  Each additional throw deals 1/4 damage (or 20) meaning a chain of 4 throws deals 140 damage.
- The last throw in any of these chains can be replaced by either the Lunch Money hyper, or the Captains Pile Driver hyper.  Normal SF4 damage scaling applies to the hypers.

Don't worry he's going to have an in game moves list :)

The throwing system sounds very interesting. I'm very glad Wario's going to have a movelist to explain these things though (I was sort-of confused about throwing and comboing into other moves. Plus having a movelist for a character is pretty common nowadays.)

Oooo, ok.  I really like "Instant Hell Murder".  It's got a nice ring to it.  I guess that'll be the title of Wario's.  

On that note I shorted the name of "Captain Syrups Pile Driver" to just "Captain's Pile Driver".   Keeps the dirty humor, but a little less overt.

That name's a dirty joke? How?

I just realized I accidently copied the same link of ONE of the winposes above up there. Here's the other one I wanted to show. ((The flexing))

http://www.mediafire.com/view/cw9b5857zo54af9/flex.png

I also grabbed some sounds you may found useful, such as his jumping sound from Brawl. (which is similar to that in Shake It!) Also, seeing how he has a move where he shoots fireballs, I took the sounds from Giana Sisters DS. After all, a lot of Wario Land's sounds tend to be weirder versions of 8-bit typical Mario SFX it seems. Just thought it would fit.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2bt1zapbl3718bh

If I can I will also see if someone can get more clean sounds from Shake It, They should blend well with his Brawl Clips seeing how both game's quality sounds about the same. ((And they were both made at the same time in 2008 it seems, His SSBB victory theme is even Stonecarving City.))

I am against having an SGS because of how overused it is in alot of crappy characters.

Same... but...

it depends how it looks. If it doesn´t look like a SGS, then it´s ok for me.

Yea it did actually occurred to me too that it might be a bit of an overused parody move.  I was just going to go with it because I don't know what else to do with those sprites really, but given you guys responses I'll probably rethink that.

What I was imagining for it was the sprites for that "weird shake it thing hyper" slowly moving toward the opponent and if it hit, just have the screen black out, and a whole bunch of random hit sparks go off.  After that the screen would fade back in with the opponent down and Wario standing with his back turned to the camera.  Any other ideas for that animation?

That name's a dirty joke? How?

By all means, allow Emily and Tyomi to explain.
:goodmood:

@Clownman: Cool, I'll check those bob-omb sprites out.  For the Warioman intro, if anyone else wants to produce the sprites I'll use them, but don't think I'm up for adding sprite creation to my current work load.

Progress Update:

Max Fastosity Dasherator hyper is finished, save for sparks / dust / explosion etc.  Here's a quick video preview.

AWESOME!!!!!!!

I knew this would come eventually!

What I was imagining for it was the sprites for that "weird shake it thing hyper" slowly moving toward the opponent and if it hit, just have the screen black out, and a whole bunch of random hit sparks go off.  After that the screen would fade back in with the opponent down and Wario standing with his back turned to the camera.  Any other ideas for that animation?

That would be too much looking like a normal SGS...