Resolution help!

Question

I have MUGEN 1.0. Using the default screenpack.

I set the resolution to 640x480, but whenever I set the localcoord to 640x480, the screen zooms in. I can barely see my characters on the character select, but in fights, the screen is fine.

However, when I set the localcoord to 1280x720, the screen is fine, but the lifebars become tiny.

Any fix?

5 answers to this question

First off.  You shouldn't have to (nor should you) change the localcoord.  It sounds like you've got the wrong life bars configured to work with your screenpack.  They should match by default, but uhh...whatever.  Make them match.  bars and screenpack have to have matching localcoords.

Second.  For Mugen 1.0, the only resolution you should change is gamewidth and gameheight.  They need to be a whole multiple of the screenpack's localcoord or it'll look like crap.  So you can double a 640x480 screen to 1280x960 (NOT 1280x720) and enjoy more pixels.  If you do that, you're driving 4x the pixels, so your computer needs to be able to handle that.

I have MUGEN 1.0. Using the default screenpack.

I set the resolution to 640x480, but whenever I set the localcoord to 640x480, the screen zooms in. I can barely see my characters on the character select, but in fights, the screen is fine.

However, when I set the localcoord to 1280x720, the screen is fine, but the lifebars become tiny.

Any fix?

The local coord is generally 320,240 for a 640 X 480 resolution. Another method that can/may work also, is to edit out the line for local coord on you characters.