Custom DBFC Akira Yuki W.I.P.

Sir Ghostler

Looking nice, especially that classic palette!

I do feel the Hyper stuff could be improved. As it stands, the Hyper portrait just appearing and disappearing like that seems a little unfinished and bland (unless it is unfinished of course :P), and I feel there could be some sort of afterimage to differentiate between the Hyper and regular attacks.

Looking nice, especially that classic palette!

I do feel the Hyper stuff could be improved. As it stands, the Hyper portrait just appearing and disappearing like that seems a little unfinished and bland (unless it is unfinished of course :P), and I feel there could be some sort of afterimage to differentiate between the Hyper and regular attacks.

Thanks.

Yeah, the ex/hyper port effects aren't finished yet, I'm still trying to find a good look for them that I like. I've actually changed the effects several times, lol, hence why the old palfx and afterimages for the ex/hyper attacks are gone now. I'll think about re-adding them.

• 1 month later...

So since I finally got a copy of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, I have been able to make Akira more accurate to source. 

Some of the things I've done include adding in and changing a lot of sounds, correcting the naming and voice clips for various attacks (I misnamed and used wrong voice clips on so many moves, lol), changing up his movelist a bit and making a few hitbox and animation updates. 

The movelist in the main post has been updated.

• 3 months later...

Been making considerable progress, Akira is around 80% done now. His system and moves are almost done being revamped, for those who played with his (broken) beta, you will notice he feels quite different. I have been adjusting him to play more like Melty Blood.

Akira now has a Power Charge and Air Dashing. He also has a lot more effects now, I've ripped most of it from UNIB and DBFC while big portion has been made by O Ilusionista. It's not really important but Akira has all 12 palettes now as well.

I'd say he could be released by the end of this month, but his sprites are delaying me. Maybe I'll release him with the current sprites he has (meaning I'd repeat animations/moves again) and then add in additional anims with updates.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, GarchompMatt said:

I dunno if it's just the video being a little slow on my end, but he seemed a little bit floaty.

Otherwise, nice! Are those Hypers or the equivalent of EX Specials?

If you're referring to his revamped Renkantai and his new Avoid Edge mechanic, the velocities for both are like that in source.

Yeah, they are. Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax all have their Ex Specials and Supers have a cinematic start-up like that.

Thanks!