Custom DBFC Akira Yuki W.I.P.

Sir Ghostler

Hello.

Overview:
When Akira Yuki's DBFC sprites were first ripped and released I saw them and instantly wanted to make a character with them. However, I was reluctant to do so because I didn't want to go through the hassle of indexing them (turns out the rips were already indexed). The motivation I had to make said character had almost completely drained whe Ryon released his version of Akira Yuki. I had no idea what the DBFC button layout/controls were like, but after testing Ryon's Akira and finding out that DBFC has a 3-button layout, I though to myself; "Why has no-one ever tried to make a DBFC or UNIB character with a 3-punch and 3-kick layout?" I then started this W.I.P. in hopes of making the first ever 6-buttoned DBFC/UNIB character for MUGEN.

This is my first W.I.P. that I have started from scratch, code-wise.

Spoiler

I have lost almost all motivation to work on Sagat. He is on hiatus as of two weeks ago.

Project Credits:
Ryon - Used the .sff from his Akira Yuki because I was too lazy to group/organise the sprites from scratch and inspiration.
RajaaBoy - Looked at some of his code for reference when I had trouble with some stuff.
N-Mario - Looked at some of his code for reference when I had trouble with some stuff.
Genesis - Helping me out with some problems I had at the start.

Alexei - Helping me out with some problems I had with the system.
Vyn - Used some CVS common sounds from his SF3 Evil Ryu.

LarsAlexandersson - I used the custom sprites he made for Akira.

What you can expect:
6-buttoned gameplay, obviously.
New, custom sprited attacks, gethits, poses, ect. ect.
Custom gameplay with mechanics from various other fighting games.
12 palettes.

Movelist:

Basics:
x - Light Punch
y - Medium Punch
z - Hard Punch
a - Light Kick
b - Medium Kick
c - Hard Kick

Unique Attacks:
Tenzankou (LP + MP)
Tetsuzankou (LK + HK)

Mechanics:
Grab (LP + LK)
Evasion (MP + MK)

Power Charge (HP + HK)

Dash (FF or BB)

Air Dash (FF or BB while jumping)

Specials:
Byakko Soushouda (QCF + AP)
Youhou (FDF + AP)
Mouko Kouhazan (QCF + AK)
Renkantai (FDF + AK)

Supers:
Yuki-Ryu Hakkyoku-Ken Hiden Hozan (HCB + AP)
Hougeki Unshin Soukoshou (HCF + AP)

Screenshots:
fH1QTx3.png
jsFsA3t.png
12sXALA.png

News:

(07/02/15) Project announcement.
(12/03/15) Movelist updated + Misc. 
(17/11/15) Movelist updated again + other stuff.

"Why has no-one ever tried to make a DBFC or UNIB character with a 3-punch and 3-kick layout?"

Because unlike MB, neither of those games have enough normals/specials for something like that. Especially DFC.

Though good luck nonetheless. You'll probably find a way to make it work.

Actually DFC is 4 button btw. The 4th button is for support characters but Ryon's Akira doesn't have it since support characters weren't ripped.

"Why has no-one ever tried to make a DBFC or UNIB character with a 3-punch and 3-kick layout?"

Because unlike MB, neither of those games have enough normals/specials for something like that. Especially DFC.

Though good luck nonetheless. You'll probably find a way to make it work.

Actually DFC is 4 button btw. The 4th button is for support characters but Ryon's Akira doesn't have it since support characters weren't ripped.

Thanks. Gonna sprite a bunch of new moves for Akira. Currently working on new normal attacks for him. Currently, he lacks all crouching kicks and two jump punches.

Thanks for the info too.

Updated Original Post.

• 1 month later...

Been doing a lot of work since last update.

Updated the main post with a couple of things, including the Movelist. All the specials for the main moveset is done, I may sprite a few more things but for now, they are pretty much complete. He will also have Ex specials.

I have decided to give Akira a dodge mechanic (inspired by Sennou-Room since I got the idea to give him a dodge after using his Kirito for a bit) with a little twist: at the cost of meter, Akira can cancel this dodge into a counter attack (idea of my own). This can be used in multiple ways, such as to bait to the opponent or to stop an attacker mid-pressure.

I will also be taking normals from other characters (such as Kim, Ryu, Mr. Karate) and using them for to fill in for the normals that Akira currently lacks. I am also adding in Akira's voice clips fom DBFC.

One major thing: I didn't mention this earlier but Akira is being made for MUGEN 1.0.

J92He6x.png

Super BG. It's done for now but I may make some changes to it in the future.

Akira will now have Super Cancelling and an Exceed (from SVC). There will be at least 3 Supers and 1 Exceed. Ex Specials have yet to be implemented but they will be worked on soon.

I am also working on some other, secret stuff for him.

• 4 weeks later...

MwP8L3Y.png

DJCFeeI.png

s4XU5KM.png

Working on Ex Attacks now.

Akira has recieved a complete gameplay overhaul. He can now chain normals, as well as cancel almost all of his specials into each other, this costs meter however. He can also cancel Ex Specials from regular specials. The cancel itself doesn't cost meter if it is into an Ex Special.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Du42SQV.png

Though I've been silent for a while in this topic, I am still working on Akira. I have been refining his attacks and mechanics, giving him special features when up against my other UNIB and DBFC chars and making more sprites for him.

Ex Specials now work similar to how they do in Melty Blood and Under Night In-Birth. Also, Akira's damage and combo potential has been nerfed somewhat.