Transparency Issue

Flowering Knight

Question

I'm having an issue with transparency concerning my character's big portrait.  In Fighter Factory 3, I've set the bottom right color (the transparent color) to black, but even when I have "Show Transparency Color" unchecked, the sprite still has a black background.  I've tried plenty of things, but to no avail.  Some help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I don't know if I can help any further without actually seeing something.  But clearly you've got some hardcore screwed up indexing going on.

You need to figure out how to make your sprites have a proper palette.  Use the organize palette feature or whatever you have to do make a decent palette that is going to work for your sprites and then one way or another make all of them use the new palette.  You can load them in the palette editor and have FF3 re-index the images for you, dump and reimport all of your sprites letting FF3 reindex them, or whatever.  Point being, your sprites are clearly not indexed properly.

Well, it worked for the portrait, but now I'm having issues with the actual character's sprites.  I have the first color set to being transparent, and it's transparent when looking through the sprites in Fighter Factory, but when I actually test the character, a gray background appears behind the character, apparently saying that there is no transparent background.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Load the palette (actual ACT file) on the right side panel and look to see if the first index is actually transparent.  You can tell in the color editor.  If it's not, edit that color until it is and save your ACT file.

The first color is transparent.  There's still a gray background.  I did end up identifying said background color though, and made that transparent.....only for the background to reappear with no explanation.