Goku - Beta 2 Release (2015 Updates - Final/Completed Release Coming Soon)

AxSeeker

Every failed attempt is an opportunity to learn, Ax. Don't get discouraged. 

Super armor for Goku makes sense. I didn't even think about that. I don't think it's necessary, but I'm not against the idea either, since it's a more accurate representation of Goku's..... OP-ness, for lack of a better term.

If the Spirit Bomb glow isn't looking too good, I'd say you could either try again or ditch the glow. Of course, the glow on the bomb makes it pop better, but the bomb's usefulness should be more of a priority. Pretty effects can always be added later, but that's just my opinion.

Any progress is better than none at all. Still on the lookout for this W.I.P. Good luck, Ax! 

Yes thank you. I did more work on it, I rearranged the glowing parts, reversed the animation a bit and sped it up a little. I also added a few new  fxs and it looks way better now.

Ue4tKNR.png

I might just add a few more fxs, nt to be close to the show, but just to add more flashy random bits. Maybe I'll put some swish in the background? Maybe some environmental lighting to follow the bomb? Some flashing palette fxs?

I'm ripping some stuff from roms not present in a lot of mugen conversions of Goku. Stuff not so much from the show but that it was soo good it really felt like a part of the show. I'm using these rips to really enhance the sound fxs of this Goku. It's really satisfying so far.

I'm also gonna review my collections to see if I can squeeze in some more dbz music/scenes somewhere; and only because there were so many moments in the show. Ordinarily as I've said before, I absolutely hate doing intros and wins and stuff like that but Goku as DBZ is an exception because most of the time the series was surprisingly nothing more than talk until you got to a fight. Though in a way the many dialogue scenes sorta pumped up the fights that were coming so I think they are special in their own way.

Kinda like Goku's speech on who he was that day when facing Frieza as the Legendary Super-Saiyan. 

English Dub/Funimation: " I am the hope of the universe....etc"

This all looks and sounds great. Some flashing palette fxs sounds really good in my opinion. If you want to add some environmental lighting, I suggest a little bit. With a healthy dose of lighting, the Spirit Bomb feels more cinematic and dangerous. The bomb already looks better than I could've imagined.

Some other effects sounds great, too. Nothing much to say about that.

A few extra scenes is a pretty neat idea. Something I might suggest is a special intro against Frieza if you're not planning on it already. After all, this is a Super Saiyan Goku. The Frieza saga was where we were first introduced to Goku's Super Saiyan form. You can see where I'm going with this. If you plan on this, then some Frieza saga music is a no-brainer. But as always, these are suggestions. No harm no foul I suppose.

Looking at the first screenshot, some white spots around Goku are very visible. I suppose you noticed it, too? Other than that, everything looks fine. 

Man the problem is there aren't any good Friezas yet. Choujin has a different art style, mugen editions are too tiny, Z2 Frieza is way too small (plus too much capcom face distortion) and no one has done and Extreme Butoden version yet. Aside from that stuff though, Extreme Butoden's version only has a full spritesheet of Frieza at 50% strength; For this Goku, he would have to be at 100% power. That means either we'll have to wait for a sequel to the 3ds rips or some extensive frankenspriting would be required. I was thinking Leo as a good base but I am not sure if I wanna do a Frieza yet.

@sookie, well, maybe I'll have to put it back in then.... :P

Update: Spirit bomb as well as every special has more fxs. Practically drowned everything.

The flying mode is successful and now you can shoot a diagonal beam and also shoot 3 scatter shots with tracking. The flying automatically activates after you super jump.The super jump still functions and works the same if you quickly do something else and still works with air combos. The flying mode, mostly from Thor's flying mode, has a short time limit. After the time runs out, you will come down. You an fly in any direction and still do air kicks and punches.

ChBLokw.png

It's all heavily animated to, it grows in size and moves as it pulses. This mode and attacks gives you a huge advantage you will want to fly and use these attacks! However you are very vulnerable to attack still, especially against DBZ characters who are known to fly and attack in just about any direction.

I just have 1 last super/hyper. Then just the ctscene storyboard stuff and I'm done here. This update will be worth the download for sure as there are more than double the content now as well as the old stuff but enhanced ;)

I can't wait to have another mugen vacation XD

Okay i finished the hyper/super and I added another grab attack via energy ball.

I'm now working on the final part, the storyboard.

I'm looking for voice actors. I need mainly -----------------------------------------------------------------Yamcha and Krillin.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Scene: The Z fighters are in a group with Krillin (wounded) at their feet.

Yamcha: Hang in there Krillin!

Scene: Android 16 points a ki blast gesture at the group!

Yamcha: Oh no! This is it you guys!

Tien/Piccolo/Gohan: *Grunts*

Scene: Group gestures a blocking motion.

Krillin: Goku! Where are you!

Scene: Android 16 fires away!!! Close up to shocked z fighters faces.

Tien/Yamcha/Piccolo/Gohan: *Surprise sound*

Scene: Flash....Smoke clears....Goku holds hand where 16 fired. Attack was blocked. Z fighters in shock.

Krillin: Goku!!!

Scene: Goku gives silent stare at 16.

END

Record your lines and pm them to me or post a youtube video, etc.

Yikes! Sorry guys, it's not a timed thing with commands, it's a simple watch and die thing.

To be honest, I never really enjoyed (in any character) that temporary control in an enhanced form like that. I guess I dislike it because it's so limited in range and how long it can be used. Another drawback for me is you lose your old self in there that you meant to play as. Those are my reasons. Sorry. However, this character is open source like last time, so if anyone wants to do whatever with all or some of this, feel free to make a "mini" game battle or patch or stage or whatever. No credit necessary. 

I've actually made a boss similar to onslaught before (for Super Smash Fighters mugen game) but that was different from the mode idea.

Update: the ape is animated now. I'm in the process of coding it. I need to add the blast and some sounds to as well as the startup transformation. I think it's going to take a while.

I know this is kinda late, but I highly recommend you make it so that it's timed. If you're worried about coding it, one of Loganir's Sandman's hypers did it really well. I'm sure you could use the coding from that char.

I believe I can code it but I really don't like the idea. I don't need a Monkey Goku punching and moving about, I really just needed one big blast and I achieved that all ready.

Sorry but I don't like that idea for a hyper/super. It takes up too much time and takes away from the main event imo.

I suppose I have the sprites ripped for the scenes now. As some of you know I planned to do a lot of these for many of my full game projects. I pitched a similar idea for The Adventures of Batman and most recently this character.
 The sprites are in order so try to follow the story. I needed to change the dialogue again. Unfortunately I'm not getting any response for the voice acting. This could mean one of two things, I have to audio rip a response similarly close to what I need and somehow mix it all in together so it kinda makes sense or I am gonna have to record my own lines for these characters doing the best impressions I can.

:P

I'm not looking forward to that last one, especially if the results turn out to be terrible. Plus I'm a little shy but I gotta finish this somehow.

Anyway....here it is.

aqjAz6h.png

Yamcha:Uhhhh!!! *crashing sound*

16:Hmmmm.

Krillin: ...... *wind sound fxs*

Tien/Piccolo: *Grunt noises*

Yamcha: You monster.....Hang in there Krillin.....

Krillin:..... *wind sound fxs*

Tien: Great, what are we gonna do now Piccolo?!

Piccolo: *Grunts*

16: Where....is.....Goku!

Yamcha/Tien: !!!

16: *sound fxs*

kG7jzte.png

Z fighters: *blast sound*

Energy Ball: *travel sound*

Goku: ???

Energy Ball: *sound fxs*

16:...

Smoke Cloud: *sound fxs*

16: Huh???

Yamcha/Tien: !?

Krillin: *Grunts* ......Goku!!!

Goku:.....*Music*

I am going to add edited backgrounds so all the characters appear in the same environment and create panning motions to give it more life. Some scenes I'm going to edit to zoom in and out depending on the need and mood. As well as voiced dialogue lines as mentioned earlier :P

Okay, so I've been thinking of delaying the release now as I've decided to add even more features. However the decision isn't final until i get some questions answered. After I find out what i need to know i'll decide to either release this now or later.

The features I've been thinking of adding in is the only other missing elements in this Goku of DBZ, that is the beam collisions and blast parry deflection.

I plan on adding in the poor mans version. The outcome will depend on random chance, a choice to gamble on the fight. Pushing 2 buttons together will lock in the opportunity for the rest of the fight but it will only work if the opponent at some point in the fight decides to press the same 2 buttons or the alternate 2 buttons.

If the same 2 buttons, the two will play out identical shot collisions and the winner will be random.

if it's the alternate 2 buttons then the energy is fired as a shot that gets deflected away by the other.

*Note*

I'm also all ready adding a teleport and power up --- just because.

Not necessary but useful in a few ways.....sometimes. :P