Goku - Beta 2 Release (2015 Updates - Final/Completed Release Coming Soon)

AxSeeker

If I remember correctly, there was thunder in the background as Goku was going through his transformation. Maybe you can add some thunder effects to add some more pizzazz to his transformation.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work, Ax. :) 

Good idea! thank you!

Transformation looks a bit too simple. Maybe you could have made him scream? (since that's how he did it when he 1st transformed)

Might be 3 more frames then... :(

Just found this thread, I gotta say this is looking pretty good amigo! 

About the transformation, I agree it's a bit to "instant".  I'd go either one of two ways.  1) Either open the before and after transformation as separate layers in photoshop / gimp whatever and try to create a medium frame.  Or a couple even.  2)  alternate between the before and after transformation frames sort of like this.  Imagine the before and after are both group 0, and before is index 0 and after is index 1.
0,0 ,0,0, 16
0,1 ,0,0, 2
0,0 ,0,0, 12
0,1 ,0,0, 2
0,0 ,0,0, 8
0,1 ,0,0, 2
0,0 ,0,0, 4
0,1 ,0,0, 2
0,0 ,0,0, 2
0,1 ,0,0, 2
0,0 ,0,0, 2
0,1 ,0,0, 2
0,0 ,0,0, 2
0,1 ,0,0, 4
0,0 ,0,0, 2
0,1 ,0,0, 8
0,0 ,0,0, 2
0,1 ,0,0, 12
0,0 ,0,0, 2
0,1 ,0,0, 16

The amount of work you put in and the fact that you're taking feedback at every step of the process is really showing through.
I have to say to, I completely agree with Cayne's post about people bullying Ax.

Thanks zemilla, I hate to search all the episodes for reference shots, this will be a big help for me. save me time.

@RobotMonkeyHead, I was thinking of that but I'm not sure it would help the problem. Maybe doing both options at once?

Update:

Goku's lose sequence is complete and so is his resurrection round 2 recovery. Heaven and Hell in conjunction ;)

With his intro and victory all ready in, he is just about finished with that section. Just need storyboards and he's ready for totally complete status; A release I have never done before and that few, even til this day, have achieved...that is if I can make it... X(

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT WORK!!!!!! XO

There have been also tons of upgrades and add-ons from the to do list. I'm about half done with it. New stuff includes dust fxs for specials, sounds for some missing stuff, scene enhancements for some moves, and more borrowed stuff from other dbz characters such as Z2, Mugen Dream/Choujin, and others. Great Resources!!!

Aside from the fixes and storyboards, I just have one more thing to do before release, the final finisher, Golden Ozaruu!!!!!! *monkey dance*

Thanks zemilla, I hate to search all the episodes for reference shots, this will be a big help for me. save me time.

@RobotMonkeyHead, I was thinking of that but I'm not sure it would help the problem. Maybe doing both options at once?

Update:

Goku's lose sequence is complete and so is his resurrection round 2 recovery. Heaven and Hell in conjunction ;)

With his intro and victory all ready in, he is just about finished with that section. Just need storyboards and he's ready for totally complete status; A release I have never done before and that few, even til this day, have achieved...that is if I can make it... X(

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT WORK!!!!!! XO

There have been also tons of upgrades and add-ons from the to do list. I'm about half done with it. New stuff includes dust fxs for specials, sounds for some missing stuff, scene enhancements for some moves, and more borrowed stuff from other dbz characters such as Z2, Mugen Dream/Choujin, and others. Great Resources!!!

Aside from the fixes and storyboards, I just have one more thing to do before release, the final finisher, Golden Ozaruu!!!!!! *monkey dance*

I'm hype for this release! This is shaping up to be a good character. With this much hard work and enthusiasm, you can make your characters shine through and through. Also thanks for complimenting my idea. 

Don't forget to credit the owners of those resources. That's pretty important stuff.

Have a positive attitude. Let's turn that "if" to a "when." You can do it! I'll LEND YOU MY POWER!!

I'm not sure how both at once would look, or how you would even do that...  You could try it?  Here's an example of suggestion 2 in action, from :15 to :20 (if it lags, lower the vid quality to get a better look at the timing).  Sorry for increasing the load time of the page as well, for some reason it won't let me spoiler the video.

Oh I thought you meant reversing it and then versing it in this order to make the sequence longer. Like basically adding in a turning around piece, and then afterwards, and turning back. :P

Speaking of monkey heads...... XD

Here's a rip and edit of the Oozaru attack!

esIVvC5.png

All images have been ripped and just need to be edited for mugen.

It's probably good enough for a stage even? So basically the ape rises up (hands stay in place) and then opens his mouth for a blast from the past, Yoshi's island - Giant Bowser style.

I was thinking to make a golden palette but now I am not sure that it will look good enough? Maybe Goku will need to do this without going super....?

Just a quick question: Will the Oozaru attack be a timed one? Not timed as in "it needs timing for commands", timed as in "I play as Oozaru for a limited amount of time!".

Here's what I meant: Once you activate the Oozaru hyper, you gain control of him for a limited amount of time. He has 3 attacks in this state:

x = Left hand (punch or hand slam on the ground)

y = Right hand (punch or hand slam on the ground)

z = Laser

Only reason why I suggested this one is because it's kind of reminding me of Onslaught (2nd form) from MvC.

Just a quick question: Will the Oozaru attack be a timed one? Not timed as in "it needs timing for commands", timed as in "I play as Oozaru for a limited amount of time!".

Here's what I meant: Once you activate the Oozaru hyper, you gain control of him for a limited amount of time. He has 3 attacks in this state:

x = Left hand (punch or hand slam on the ground)

y = Right hand (punch or hand slam on the ground)

z = Laser

Only reason why I suggested this one is because it's kind of reminding me of Onslaught (2nd form) from MvC.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that ish would be dope as Fuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Zemilia. Reminds me of the Choji awakening in Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 on the PS2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm would awakenings be possible in Mugen? I like that Oozaru sprite Ax and glad to see that Rep healing up.

Yikes! Sorry guys, it's not a timed thing with commands, it's a simple watch and die thing.

To be honest, I never really enjoyed (in any character) that temporary control in an enhanced form like that. I guess I dislike it because it's so limited in range and how long it can be used. Another drawback for me is you lose your old self in there that you meant to play as. Those are my reasons. Sorry. However, this character is open source like last time, so if anyone wants to do whatever with all or some of this, feel free to make a "mini" game battle or patch or stage or whatever. No credit necessary. 

I've actually made a boss similar to onslaught before (for Super Smash Fighters mugen game) but that was different from the mode idea.

Update: the ape is animated now. I'm in the process of coding it. I need to add the blast and some sounds to as well as the startup transformation. I think it's going to take a while.

The Oozaru sprites and ideas sound awesome. If you don't think you can make a golden palette for him, then I think it wouldn't be too bad to just keep the original colors. Another option is providing a template for Oozaru and having someone voluntarily make a Golden Oozaru palette...... but then again maybe someone could do that after Goku is released since everything is open source.

Take your time on the coding. The more time you take, the better it will shape up to be.

don't get too excited, remember i'm not very good at this. For sure there will be issues. Expect this to be like my Link update (Zelda), and nothing more. I'll likely not even bother to fix this up either. just laying that out.

This is also guaranteed to be cheap considering that it can occasionally beat Broly. This Goku has some unfair moves as well. Very few can be withstood or avoided.

However, the last release, according to youtube videos, has shown me that this Goku is beatable. So I guess there's your balance :P

LOL

As long as you put effort in, I won't complain. I like a good challenge. >:) Although I have to admit, I don't remember ever facing a Broly with monster AI, but I rustle my opponents' jimmies whenever I use him myself. I'm already excited for Goku, so too late, Ax. :p He won't disappoint. 

• 1 month later...

Okay then. :)

---------------

I've started working on this wip again, I'm gonna try to finish this by the end of the month. I have some more progress in this wip. First off, I created a an additional aura in many alternate uses. The main use is for the energy field that shields Goku if his attack misses. The move is called energy pulse from the 2nd beta release and now shares a similar function to Extreme Butoden Broly's version. The attack only does half the damage it would unless it is successful on point blank contact. The shield fades away after some time. More fxs were added, gust, rocks, shaking, etc. A lot of old specials were upgraded with minor fxs additions. The Ozaaru attack is finished also and has a lot of new audio to compliment the scene/move.

IMpPTJr.gif

The remaining stuff is just fxs on intros, and moves. The character is basically finished. I kinda wanna add more stuff, even though he has twice as much now, I feel like maybe it won't be enough. I'm still gonna try and squeeze in something somewhere; if I can think of something good enough to go with this.

I was even considering bringing in a taunt. Maybe a spirit bomb pose that also collects power bar energy? I was also thinking of a fly mode, the loganir/black dragon code is in the character all ready, I would just need to enable it and make small modifications to it but I am not sure this is needed?

Okay then. :)

---------------

I've started working on this wip again, I'm gonna try to finish this by the end of the month. I have some more progress in this wip. First off, I created a an additional aura in many alternate uses. The main use is for the energy field that shields Goku if his attack misses. The move is called energy pulse from the 2nd beta release and now shares a similar function to Extreme Butoden Broly's version. The attack only does half the damage it would unless it is successful on point blank contact. The shield fades away after some time. More fxs were added, gust, rocks, shaking, etc. A lot of old specials were upgraded with minor fxs additions. The Ozaaru attack is finished also and has a lot of new audio to compliment the scene/move.

IMpPTJr.gif

The remaining stuff is just fxs on intros, and moves. The character is basically finished. I kinda wanna add more stuff, even though he has twice as much now, I feel like maybe it won't be enough. I'm still gonna try and squeeze in something somewhere; if I can think of something good enough to go with this.

I was even considering bringing in a taunt. Maybe a spirit bomb pose that also collects power bar energy? I was also thinking of a fly mode, the loganir/black dragon code is in the character all ready, I would just need to enable it and make small modifications to it but I am not sure this is needed?

Wow! All of this progress! About the flying thing, I guess it would be pretty cool. Not a lot of other Goku characters can fly, if I recall correctly. This could make yours even more unique. If you consider it, how do you want to tackle it? Will it be a command like an MvC character (Like Magneto, Storm, etc.) or would you like to have him be able to float by holding up while in the air? Just a few ideas.

Great question!

I was contemplating this very thing. I don't wish to use up any useful commands that could be used for attacks so I believe it might work like this, it can only work after one performs a super jump, makes sense I think?, and while in the air, another one by pressing all 3 kicks again will leave you in air suspension. Maybe from there I'll enable a ki shower of energy shots. Something to make it practical and to give a good reason to fly up on high. Kinda like Link's (zelda) bomb drop or silver surfer by tops energy shots.

Great question!

I was contemplating this very thing. I don't wish to use up any useful commands that could be used for attacks so I believe it might work like this, it can only work after one performs a super jump, makes sense I think?, and while in the air, another one by pressing all 3 kicks again will leave you in air suspension. Maybe from there I'll enable a ki shower of energy shots. Something to make it practical and to give a good reason to fly up on high. Kinda like Link's (zelda) bomb drop or silver surfer by tops energy shots.

Makes sense to me. I think this is a good idea! I'm all for it! 

Okay tons of updates completed. Goku has electric fxs in a lot of areas now. Intro has been enhanced as well with rocks floating, rocks falling, earthquakes, bg lights, dust fxs, etc. Just about every other move and hyper has these enhancements now. I reworked some old stuff into somethings new. The guard push now enables the solar flare instead of the grapple attack. It has a nice flow to it.

The New grapple attack in its place is an  extended surprise kick after both the player and the opponent exchange blows for a quick instance, much like the majority of fights in DBZ. This move is compatible with most other dbz characters.

I added a new spark for aerial punches, just some impact visuals.

I may add a 6th super/hyper. It's going to be a Goku HR kameha wave but with a twist, it will turn into Goku surfing his own wave, M.Bison style, like Cooler does in Revenge. I might end it with a disintegration effect.

I got a lot of ideas from other Gokus to. I'll be adding a letterbox to some moves like the other gokus and I'll be adding a glow around the spirit bomb special to make it more flashy; like in the series where he collects a glow into himself.

I'm still brainstorming the fly mode attacks though. According to my research, Goku mostly shoots streams of energy rather than blast shots from the air. I may have to go and check out cell saga.

Created some debris for Goku's explosive death.

W3N5hw3.png

Nothing else really going on except coding tests and trials at the moment. One that failed earlier was a super armor code. It actually worked but it messed with how some moves work and really didn't make a difference in the fighting. It was hardly noticeable.

I wanted to implement it because in the series, a lot of characters actually take a punch or kick, even a blast and don't move a muscle, sorta showing off how strong and overpowered they are for an instant.

The spirit bomb glow isn't looking too good. More frames were added in however.

HpuZu5O.gif

Still needs more work...