Ripley From Alien

zoukiny

Hey guys, for my AVP x Street fighter game i want to make some characters. Here, Ripley from Alien, is the 1st one (it will also be my 1st try at making a character.) To help me out i was wondering if you guys know a good place to get sprite sheets from Street Fighter 2 and Alien vs Predator (arcade). I want to make my caracter by starting on those guys and make lots of edit so it fit good with the game i am trying to make. So far, i did the planing on the moves i want her to make. It will be a long range character using her flammer and pulse riffle combo and grenades. She will be a 6 bt character, 2 punch, 2 kick, 2 gun swing, and have 12 specials, 1 hyper and 1 ex move.

Ok here is the 1st sprite edit I made. Tell me what you guys think of it. For now i think she still look like to mutsh of Chunli. I used the body of Cammy and parts of Chunli and guns from AVP, all with edits. Should i used other legs and/or arms. Let me know what you guys think and if you have better idea of Body parts of other character i should use to mod.

Posted Image

That what i said, give me feadback, i like the hair and the body (From cammy) but the rest i want to mod more. I am not sure for the face, the arms and the legs. Give me advice and tell me more like what other chars its should be.

As far I can remember, Ripley got this real short hair,

Maybe you should use Juni/Juli standing for the legs if you want a CvS/Alpha style. And changing the colors of the gun and legs might help too

What style are you aiming for? If you want the Street Fighter 2, you might want to shade the legs

For MvC and newer sprites, you might want to redo the top and change the gun. For the gun color you can try to use that MvC helper, Birdie. Or even Ironman and Cable

My under-3-minutes edit

Posted Image

I didn't separated the boots because I really don't have time right now, but you got the idea

It's looking...Weird. The proportion of the body is waaaay off. Her arms are too long, her chest is strange and the gun is way too big too. Make her chest thicker (just remove 2 pixels horizontally), and make her arms shorter. Her elbow should be a little over her hip and her forearm shouldn't be longer than the shoulder when you bend your arm vertically (just use your own body to have a better proportion) Get a SF2 Cammy sprite, get her legs and flip horizontally. Then remove the 'markings' on her leg and color it the color you would like. You might also want to use her sprite to have a better idea on how to do the back of her head. I think this blue pants isn't SF2'ish. Maybe a CPS Punisher's Nick Fury could be a great color reference. For my sprite I used a SNES Ripley from Alien³ for the pants color reference.

Oops, bad version... here the the one. Still not sure for the head and the arm.... something about the chess too... She got the chess mod from Cammy, Arms mod from Chunli, Legs mod from Linn Kurosawa and gun mod froms AVP. Head is a mix with Chunli, Linn and custom edit for the hair. What do you guys think?

Posted Image

http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//smile.png ok guys, i worked a little more on her, now i thing the head is fine, tell me what you think.

Posted Image

I still am not sure about the knees... i tried editing them but i dont think they look fine.... could you guys give me help or advice.

Also tell me if you think the knees were fine on the 1st one.

Posted Image