The Griffon/Tizoc by R@CE AKIR@

HALE R@CE CAES@R

Yeah you'll have to excuse me as this is my first grappler character, so I'm still trying to get things right on him. I will do as you said to make things better with the motioning.

Also i didn't know it only did 246 worth of damage. I don't know how that happened. That must be something that was changed by mistake of using the find option. I will correct it immediately

I have those doing 310 worth of damage because normally in this style if you compare with infinite's other characters as well, the damage for normal like characters is usually at 290 or close to 290 for level 2 super moves. Since he is a grappler, I up'd his damage that he does for that move plus Warusaki's Zangief does about 366 worth of damage on the level 2 version of his Final Atomic Buster. So I think the Griffon Fall slam is fine how it is as far as the damage goes with it. Same thing for the Griffon Rumble. I'm not knocking what you said, I'm just saying that based off of what I said, this is why I think their ok as is. Actually I should put more damage on his level 2 super with the Griffon Fall but I think I'll leave it as is.

About the star, I see some people are having a problem with that. And let me just say I didnt see anything wrong with it, but hey, changing it couldnt hurt. So I will see about doing that as well.

Thanks for the Feedback Staub. 

He´s a grappler, so make it worth.

Throw super should to more damage then his normal supers.

IMO get rid of the multiple wall slam hits on his "Big Fall Griffon"/"Max Big Fall Griffon".

BTW... Tizoc/Griffon has a follow up in Garou after his "Griffon Tower" normal throw for extra damage and in KOF 2003 after the "Poseidon Wave" and the "Olympus Over", the "Grif-fall" or "Griffon Fall" - a big splash on p2, done with DF, DF+Heavy Puch...

The sprites are in your SFF (Group 880, Index 0 till 4).

Don´t change the fx on the "Daedalus Attack" or the after images on the "Griffon Dropkick Superkick", it´s alway nice to have litlle details like that from the source game.

I think you changed standing light kick & medium kick... In Garou light kick is his "shin" kick, hard kick was his knee AFAIK. Did you do that intentionally?

Keep up your good work!

Yeah I have decided on my own to up the throw damage because I compared him to Zangief by Warusaki and yeah, it seems i was way off with the guessing on how much damage he should have for his throw specials. So I have already went and changed them to be higher

Right now they are closer to what CVS Zangief by Warusaki has but not as much as he had, as he does more damage than what I think Tizoc would do if he were in CVS

The Multiple slams, I like it like that. So I'm going to keep that as is man. Sorry if you don't like it, but its what I like on him man.

Yeah I saw that he had that.... Hmm I cant make any promises but I can maybe try to put it in, but if it starts getting on my nerves then I'm just going to leave it as is. 

Yes I changed those around intentionally. It seems fine to me. And also I'm not trying to replicate everything the same way he had it in Garou.

As for the afterimages, don't worry I won't be taking those out because to me, that's what made those moves feel like they belong to Griffon, Its sorta what makes it his own.

GRIFFON/TIZOC UPDATED 8/9/14

-Fixed issue with missing Target ID 1750 showing up after being thrown against the wall
-Adjusted damage with throws to be based closely what CVS Zangief by Warusaki had but not as strong as his
-Made his run have a slower velocity
-Took out the old Star FX on Griffon Star and added a better one
-Added negative edge on Justice Hurricane and Big Fall Griffon
-Fixed it so that it's easier to perform his Justice Hurricane with the 360 motion
-Fixed damage on Griffon Star. It should now have level 3 like damage on it

Will test and give some feedback...

If you wanna put in some shenanigans - give his turn around taunt some forward movemet and make it cancelable into another taunt again, so that he spins forward or spins into his "bridging" taunt. Just a suggestion.

Add his intro against "bad guys" from KOF 2003...

@ 1:29

Hey R@ce, I remember there is this one Griffon with a MvC patch presumably made by you (it's found in one of the collections) so seeing this thing now, is this some sort of a remastering of that character?

Sorry man its not. That one was an edit that actually Infinite did a long time ago. Its just that because I started doing edits like those first and then the fact that me and him both started putting more and more of those kind of edits out, people started getting mine and his confused.

Just look at the sprites, that one your talking about is using Griffon's KOF sprites. Not his MOTW sprites. 

Start up animation on Ultimate Griffon Beak Crusher looks much better now!

If you powercharge and go back to his normal stance, there is some strange "delay", he freezes for a very short tick to long in the animation...

Yeah thanks man! I got to playing him and I noticed that it didnt look right to me anymore so I decided to change it

Hmmm, about that, I will have to look into that. Thanks man

I was a bit leery on grabbing this character but i gave it a chance like i did laurence and micky and was once again digging the gameplay. the hitsparks on the supers i didnt really care for , especially the tornado looking thingie for his command throw. but i didn't let it stop me from enjoying the character!! would love to see and race style clark to finish up the ikari warriors ;) !!

I was a bit leery on grabbing this character but i gave it a chance like i did laurence and micky and was once again digging the gameplay. the hitsparks on the supers i didnt really care for , especially the tornado looking thingie for his command throw. but i didn't let it stop me from enjoying the character!! would love to see and race style clark to finish up the ikari warriors ;) !!

Thanks man! I am glad you gave him a try for yourself and not listen to what the next person says. I always feel its good to have your own opinion about things and not just assume how something is just because of what someone else says its like or whatever. 

As for the hitsparks on the supers, I guess you mean Daedalus Attack, that is what he has on his hits when he does it in Garou and it looked cool to me so I coded it to ripple like that once he hits his opponents. But you can always just go in the and take it off inside the stateno. You can't miss it, just go in there and simply delete it. Same thing goes for the Tornado looking thing lol <<< I like how you worded that lol

Glad you liked him though man, as he had many issues at first but when I sat down and listened to a lot of the feedback and etc I think he's getting there. This will be the first grappler in this style so it was a big challenge. But its cool because now I have something to work off of and can use him as a template to do others that are like him.

What do you think about adding the KOF intro against "bad guys"?

Have tested the 360 commands, its much smoother now.

Very nice.

I thinks it nice but I kinda am being lazy and don't really feel like going back in adding that to all the bad guys, for the simple fact its ALOT of them. that's my reason why.

I'm glad you like the 360 commands now as I saw what you meant and I knew exactly what I had did wrong when I looked at it. 

yeah I wasn't into the pizazz, but it played great and glad I grabbed the character!! I wasn't beefing about what it should play like or being anal about frame data and all that other bullshit lol! just wanted to peep a great character and I got that and then some!! thanks again

Hey man I wasn't trying to say that you were man. But even if you were, everyone is entitled to their own opinion man. I'm not like that. If people like it, they like it. If they don't, then they have a right too. But that doesn't mean people have to be a jerk about it and etc... 

And yea, all of that frame data stuff and etc.  its actually does help out to make a character feel like source game play, but to me, that's only if your aiming for your creations to be like source game, and clearly I'm not trying to do that at all. I don't do all of that, nor do I have the time or patience. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

But anyway thanks for giving it a try, I'm glad you liked it

1ce i finish with this moving crud, i'll definitely be coppin' tha update my dude. i'm still a little fussy about that '03/XI voice on any Big Fall-type attack, but that's just tha O.G. head in me talkin', lol. by tha looks on tha vid(s) tho, it seems like on "Griffin Star", it would add a bit more impact if tha last slam [tha ceiling hit] would go up just a bit further before tha hit, which would also allow you to use tha longer "Biiiiiiiig" cry goin' towards it instead of tha shorter 1. just a thought.

anyhoo, keep up tha good work bruh, i'm mighty geek'd over this kreation [i mean like your Marco & Raphael-level geek'd xD]!!

• 1 month later...