Custom SD Luffy
Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

MUGEN Characters 1500 Series: Custom SD Luffy by Borewood

Custom SD Luffy is from "Anime Fighting JAM WING 1.2 Flash fighting game"

Custom_SD_Luffy.png?psid=1

Dhalsim: "Yoga............Yoga............Yoga..........."
SD Luffy:  "Yo............I don't need your Yoga!"

First thing first:
I am not any ONE PIECE fan.  Only when I saw a "Anime Fighting JAM WING 1.2 Flash fighting game", I found the SD Luffy interesting to be mugenized so I decided to port him to MUGEN.  I have little to no ONE PIECE and Luffy knowledge and experience (cartoons, comic books, games,...etc.).  So, if my Custom SD Luffy MUGEN version ruins your ONE PIECE and Luffy, then please forgive me.....

FLASHWING - for making the cool Anime Fighting JAM WING 1.2 Flash fighting game
            official web site:  http://afj.flashwing.net/play.htm
            alt. 3rd-party web site:  http://www.qk3000.com/game/4853.html
            YouTube video demo: 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUGEN Version

update_notes_2014-07-07:
- increased damages of Gomu Gomu no Hanabi (advised by Alex S. aka G.o.D. and Tenryuu)
- adjusted the AfterImage of Gomu Gomu no Hanabi (advised by Alex S. aka G.o.D.)
- made the evade rolls throw-able by P2 (advised by Alex S. aka G.o.D.)
- added the missing landing sound for Gomu Gomu no Fusen

Please re-download Custom_SD_Luffy_update_2014-07-07.zip from my OneDrive here:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!598

Okay I finally needed to go to YouTube to watch some short One Piece clips.....now it is the update:

update_notes_2014-06-17:
- fixed most Luffy's voices (hopefully)
- fixed Gomu Gomu no Fusen hit sparks when P2 is on ground

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed1.png?psid=1
- fixed the wall bounce explod effect sprite priority for P2

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed2.png?psid=1
- fixed the color loss of Gomu Gomu no Storm cinema

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed3.png?psid=1
- moved the Gomu Gomu no Storm cinema hit sparks to non-cinema hits

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed4.png?psid=1  Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed5.png?psid=1

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed6.png?psid=1
- added some Zoro voices to Zoro's Triple Slashes
- made the background color black for Zoro's Triple Slashes cinema

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed7.png?psid=1
- added the TVC glass shatter effect to the end of Zoro's Triple Slashes

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed8.png?psid=1
- added one more super move - Gomu Gomu no Hanabi

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed9.png?psid=1
- did a small A.I. tweak
- added Tenryuu, Kanbei, Sakuya, Xasor, rkMugen to the Credit_and_Thank_You.txt

Please re-download: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E -> MUGEN Characters 1500 Series -> Custom_SD_Luffy -> Custom_SD_Luffy_update_2014-06-17.zip

Thank you all!

Video Preview (updated version)
if you don't have nicovideo account:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm23797363
if you have nicovideo account: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23797363

Video Preview (previous version)
if you don't have nicovideo account:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm23767200
if you have nicovideo account: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23767200

Download from my OneDrive: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E -> MUGEN Characters 1500 Series -> Custom_SD_Luffy -> Custom_SD_Luffy_2014-06-13.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ripped everything about FLASHWING SD Luffy from the Flash SWF file, and used the materials to make a MUGEN version, called "Custom SD Luffy".

My MUGEN version is different than the Flash source game version:

- I added one (1) more punch button and one (1) more kick button (x/y/a/b)
- I changed the ways of evade rolls and counters (z/a)
- I added a taunt (Enter/Carriage Return key)
- I removed the general assist feature

Move List:

light punch x
hard punch y
light kick a
hard kick b
evade z or x+a
counter c or y+b

general:
- run forward F, F
- hop backward B, B
- super jump D, U and jump during running forward
- throw
  close to P2, hold forward and press y

tool:
- Gomu Gomu no Bazooka
  hold forward and press y
- Gomu Gomu no Muchi
  hold forward and press b
- long slide kick
  do a crouching hard kick when running forward
- pursuit
  when P2 is lying down on ground, run forward and do a long slide kick
- absolute cross-up
  all aerial normal moves have face-to-P2 absolute cross-up capability
- advanced evade (with a cost of power = 500/3000)
  when blocking/guarding P2's attacks, press z or x+a (can hold forward or backward)
- advanced counter (with a cost of power = 500/3000)
  when blocking/guarding P2's attacks, c or y+b

special moves:
- Gomu Gomu no Gatling D, DF, F, x/y
- Gomu Gomu no Pistol D, DB, B, x/y
- Gomu Gomu no Baku Baku D, DF, F, a/b (can also be done in air)
  P2 must block/guard high since it is an overhead attack
- Gomu Gomu no Fusen D, DB, B, a/b

** Flash Hard Follow-Ups (with a cost of power = 100/3000):
   - a hard special move cancelled to itself or another special moves
   a) during hard Gomu Gomu no Gatling, when P2 is blocking/guarding or getting hit,
      do any versions of Gomu Gomu no Pistol or Gomu Gomu no Baku Baku or Gomu Gomu no Fusen
   b) right after the start of hard Gomu Gomu no Pistol, hold button y to make SD Luffy charge up,
      release the button y any time to let him unleash a deluxe $6000000 version: longer, faster, stronger
      P2 may not be able to block/guard the fully charged deluxe $6000000 version
   c) during hard Gomu Gomu no Baku Baku, hold backward once to make SD Luffy change direction
      you may not change his direction once he has contact with P2
   d) during hard Gomu Gomu no Fusen, hold button y to make SD Luffy float in the air,
      you may move him to the up/down/left/right direction slowly
      when the floating SD Luffy has contact with P2, he immediately drops to the ground

super moves:
- Gomu Gomu no Head & Butt D, DF, F, D, DF, F, x/y (with a cost of power = 1000/3000)
- Zoro's Triple Slashes D, DB, B, D, DB, B, x/y (with a cost of power = 1500/3000)
- Gomu Gomu no Storm D, DB, B, D, DB, B, a/b (with a cost of power = 2500/3000)

chain combos:
- on ground and in air, you may chain most standing light normal attacks into hard normal attacks

specials cancellables:
- on ground and in air, you may cancel most normal moves into special attacks

supers cancellables
- on ground only, you may cancel Gomu Gomu no Gatling and Gomu Gomu no Pistol into super attacks

** This is my first time mugenizing a character from a Flash fighting game.
   Since the Flash source game "Anime Fighting JAM WING 1.2 Flash fighting game" has limited materials,
   my MUGEN version is also limited (i.e. limited sprites variety = limited moves and features variety)

My BIGGEST problem with this character is the sounds u used when he does attacks.

They are all wrong n feel really weird, you should watch some One Piece videos to know what sound goes with what attack man.

Thats all, the char plays good overall

Like I said in my readme, I have never watched any One Piece cartoons and read any One Piece comics and played any One Piece games.

I don't know how Luffy should sound as a result.  I don't think I have time to watch many One Piece videos to get to know the right sounds he makes.

You know I am notorious for "usually trying to mugenize stuff I am not familiar with".  So, sorry about that inconvenience.

And, the sounds I used are directly from the Flash source game "Anime Fighting JAM WING 1.2 Flash fighting game".  If my version's sounds are wrong then it is due to FLASHWING's original making.

yea the sounds is very terrible TBH if you change the sounds i be pleased

i haven't test it yet but after i saw the video something is not right..

One Piece cartoons and read any One Piece comics 

its Anime & Manga....

yea the sounds is very terrible TBH if you change the sounds i be pleased

i haven't test it yet but after i saw the video something is not right..

Well from personal experince I played as him, He fights pretty well however the sounds are indeed off. I wish I could patch the sound but I would perfer english dub sense I don't know japanese too well. lol

Now even Japanese MUGEN folks at nicovideo also complained about the voices..........

I still can't go to watch One Piece anime because even I get some I don't know how to extract pure voices from an video.  Plus it is quite hard to keep all extracted voice samples consistent.

So there are two (2) options here:

1. I am going to remove all the voices by FLASHWING, to make my Custom SD Luffy totally "voice-less".

2. Somebody is going to point me to any existing mugenized Luffy whose voices are correct, then I might just use Fighter Factory to export the voices and replace the FLASHWING voices with the correct ones.  I need help on this in particular, as I don't have any idea about Luffy voices due to my high unfamiliarity to One Piece......

Which option do you want me to do please?

@Katakura-kun:

>> i haven't test it yet but after i saw the video something is not right..

Would you mind telling me what thing is not right in your eyes please?

Just to remind you, I think there are some One Piece games that have soundrips of their own (though haven't checked, as of now).

You can even rip some from romance dawn that was on the psp. Heck even Xasor's Luffy had voice rips.

Just to remind you, I think there are some One Piece games that have soundrips of their own (though haven't checked, as of now).

Merely sound rips are not enough; my problem is I have no idea which voice belongs to which moves.  Like, given a bunch of .mp3 and .wav voice samples to me, nonetheless I don't know which one belongs to Gomu Gomu no Gatling.......I still prefer to use some existing MUGEN Luffy's....

You can even rip some from romance dawn that was on the psp. Heck even Xasor's Luffy had voice rips.

Xasor's Luffy?  I just visited to his OneDrive but didn't see any Luffy?  His OneDrive is this one:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6F96C1B3ED8660C8

Any other MUGEN Luffy from whose has the correct voices that I might be able to borrow please?

Merely sound rips are not enough; my problem is I have no idea which voice belongs to which moves.  Like, given a bunch of .mp3 and .wav voice samples to me, nonetheless I don't know which one belongs to Gomu Gomu no Gatling.......I still prefer to use some existing MUGEN Luffy's....

Umm, in the game, there is some instance where Luffy actually calls out his own attacks (Even in the anime, if I'm aware of that).

If you want, I can probably help you out on seeing which voice belongs (just after I give you a pretty small feedback, since I found some things that needs to be addressed). :P

Umm, in the game, there is some instance where Luffy actually calls out his own attacks (Even in the anime, if I'm aware of that).

If you want, I can probably help you out on seeing which voice belongs (just after I give you a pretty small feedback, since I found some things that needs to be addressed). :P

Sure please thanks in advance.  I am a big One Piece non-fan.  :noway:

Alright thanks.  The only thing I need to do is to find the voicerips first.. which may take a while (Even with some googling).

Anyway, I apologize for the late feedback, but here's some stuff that kind of needs addressing:

-I understand why you don't have Zoro's voice during Zoro's triple slash (He could've easily said something like "alright Luffy" or "I'll handle this"), but the super bg "transition fade" on Zoro looks odd:

Ru6Cglu.png

Idk if this is also in the flash as well, but maybe add in some kind of "KOF2k2UM" effect? (It reminded me of KOF2k2UM's HSDM bg, anyway)

-The animation during "Zoro's Triple attack" also looks off, seeing that the slash effect takes place in a grey background.. Why not have them in a black background, so that the "black outer parts" of the slash effects don't stand out?

-Idk if it's Mugen's fault or not, but semi-misaligned hitspark on Gomu Gomu no Fusen:

JD7PZvr.png

(This happens if I manage to control Luffy in the air, and make him move towards his opponent while they're standing on the ground)

-The wall-bounce effect seems kind of off:

WEpcwCt.png

Looks like a layer-mistake, but I don't know much about coding a char. :P

-Speaking of "layering", it looks a bit weird when the hitsparks appear during the "animation" of Gomu-Gomu no Storm:

rXbfSSU.png

-There's also some noticeable colorloss during Gomu-Gomu no Storm's "animation".

That's all I have from here.

Xasor's Luffy?  I just visited to his OneDrive but didn't see any Luffy?  His OneDrive is this one:  https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6F96C1B3ED8660C8

Any other MUGEN Luffy from whose has the correct voices that I might be able to borrow please?

Apparently the link to it is down.  Since I have it, though, here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/?v2o58885e36p4w1 (I only have the 1280 version.)

(If Xasor wants me to take the link down, though, I will.)

Thank you Tenryuu for your feedback.

Your concern about the Zoro super move.  I followed the Flash game way to make the MUGEN version, with some slight modification. 
I will see what I can do to the Zoro super move to make it look better.

The Gomu Gomu no Fusen hit spark position!  I forgot to separate into standing and in-air versions!

The wall-bounce effect....I made it being relative to P2's attributes.  So if it looks off then it might be the P2's attributes issue.  And layer mistake?  You mean sprite priorities?  Should it be lower than P2's?

Gomu-Gomu no Storm animation front sparks........it is exactly how the Flash game shows.........I think I may just keep the source game way like this...

The noticeable colorloss!  I will be needing to use Ryon's tutorial to fix that..........

Thank you for your help!

Apparently the link to it is down.  Since I have it, though, here's the link: https://www.mediafire.com/?v2o58885e36p4w1 (I only have the 1280 version.)

(If Xasor wants me to take the link down, though, I will.)

Oh thank you for your download hyperlink of Xasor's Luffy!  I will try to find matching moves that share the correct Luffy voices!

His gomu attacks voices are really inconsistent but its really hard to know them all and i'm a big fan of OP.

Its a nice character I was gonna give feedback but I think tenryuu got what I noticed on the first run. 

You can use the resources of my luffy, the reason I didn't put the link back up is because I'm finishing gear second so that he would be complete with all gears and haki. 

Okay I finally needed to go to YouTube to watch some short One Piece clips.....now it is the update:

update_notes_2014-06-17:
- fixed most Luffy's voices (hopefully)
- fixed Gomu Gomu no Fusen hit sparks when P2 is on ground

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed1.png?psid=1
- fixed the wall bounce explod effect sprite priority for P2

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed2.png?psid=1
- fixed the color loss of Gomu Gomu no Storm cinema

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed3.png?psid=1
- moved the Gomu Gomu no Storm cinema hit sparks to non-cinema hits

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed4.png?psid=1  Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed5.png?psid=1

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed6.png?psid=1
- added some Zoro voices to Zoro's Triple Slashes
- made the background color black for Zoro's Triple Slashes cinema

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed7.png?psid=1
- added the TVC glass shatter effect to the end of Zoro's Triple Slashes

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed8.png?psid=1
- added one more super move - Gomu Gomu no Hanabi

Custom_SD_Luffy_fixed9.png?psid=1
- did a small A.I. tweak
- added Tenryuu, Kanbei, Sakuya, Xasor, rkMugen to the Credit_and_Thank_You.txt

Video Preview (updated version)
if you don't have nicovideo account:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm23797363
if you have nicovideo account: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23797363

Please re-download: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E -> MUGEN Characters 1500 Series -> Custom_SD_Luffy -> Custom_SD_Luffy_update_2014-06-17.zip

Thank you all!

A little more feedback, since I kind of noticed some things on your Luffy:

-Idk if you're using a different screenpack for his big portraits, but they're not the usual size (the usual size for a big portrait is either 120x140 px. The size on Luffy's big portrait is around 170x230 px)

-Concerning his new attack: Gomu Gomu no Hanabi (And that it's a level 3), it last almost way too long for it to finish (and it's quite repetitive during the attack), and well..

4mmysXp.png

For a lvl 3 that does 90 hits, it does very little damage.

That's all I had, for now.

-Concerning his new attack: Gomu Gomu no Hanabi (And that it's a level 3), it last almost way too long for it to finish (and it's quite repetitive during the attack), and well..

4mmysXp.png

For a lvl 3 that does 90 hits, it does very little damage.

I agree. Maybe you could add envshake and make it faster; try also editing the afterimage to have his (Luffy) colours. And also, compared to other lvl1 supers, this move seems useless: I get that it's an almost-full-screen attack but it should deal more damage (maybe less than the other lvl3 move since, again, it's an almost-full-screen supermove).

Also, the roll should have CLSNs, the nothitby code (which you already have but changed to null code) and the playerpush.

In the roll anim add the CLSNs and in the roll state (110) add:

[State 0, HitBy]
type = HitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA,NT,ST,HT
time = 1

So you can be thrown.

>> -Idk if you're using a different screenpack for his big portraits, but they're not the usual size....

Hmmmmmm.........I am not using any other MUGEN motif/screenpack but only the default one that comes with MUGEN1.0:

mugen001.png?psid=1

The reason I didn't use the usual 120x140 dimension for my Custom SD Luffy is, his localcord was set to "localcoord = 528,396" in his .def file.

If I didn't change his 9000,1 and 9000,2 big portraits dimension then it would look bad in my MUGEN1.0 default motif/screenpack screen.......

>> Concerning his new attack: Gomu Gomu no Hanabi (And that it's a level 3), it last almost way too long for it to finish (and it's quite repetitive during

>> the attack), and well..

>> For a lvl 3 that does 90 hits, it does very little damage.

>> compared to other lvl1 supers, this move seems useless: I get that it's an almost-full-screen attack but it should deal more damage...

Sorry but it was sole my intention to make this Gomu Gomu no Hanabi behave like that.  And, it is not a level3 super; it is still a level2 super just like Gomu Gomu no Storm:

In my MUGEN Manual.txt:

super moves:
- Gomu Gomu no Head & Butt D, DF, F, D, DF, F, x/y (with a cost of power = 1000/3000)
- Zoro's Triple Slashes D, DB, B, D, DB, B, x/y (with a cost of power = 1500/3000)
- Gomu Gomu no Storm D, DB, B, D, DB, B, a/b (with a cost of power = 2500/3000)
- Gomu Gomu no Hanabi D, DF, F, D, DF, F, a/b (with a cost of power = 2500/3000)

** about Gomu Gomu no Hanabi:
     + very wide attack
     - long start-up
     - SD Luffy is vulnerable during the whole course, or after P2 has blocked/guarded that
     - damages are low

I deliberately set up Gomu Gomu no Hanabi as a cheap super move (i.e. almost a full-screen attack), at the same time I nerfed the cheapness down by making it vulnerable during the whole course, have long start-up, and have low damages.  Its long duration time was also used to let SD Luffy show more of his Gomu Gomu no Hanabi.  Perhaps I might make a different version then (i.e. light kick the same behavior; strong kick a different behavior).

>> Also, the roll should have CLSNs, the nothitby code (which you already have but changed to null code) and the playerpush

Thanks for this tip!  I will update his roll accordingly!

I actually looked back at the screenshot I had with Gomu Gomu no hanabi and noticed it didn't took a full meter (so in that case, it's a level 2). Whoops.

But still, for what it is, it's still useless for even a lvl 2 super (It's not even as useful as a lvl 1 as well, considering how it's used and the damage, since I noticed it's slightly the same thing if it's all blocked; only difference is that the chip damage from Gomu Gomu no Hanabi is barely less than the "raw" damage).

I would suggest at least making the damage around 30-40%, even if it's "cheap" as a whole. At least make it rather useful or something. :P