SUPER MARIO - RELEASED

AxSeeker

Sorry to say ZB, but someone already said that. But you're right, quality doesn't matter in a game engine, it's all just for fun and awesome dream matches. :goodnight:

Still, I do find it a lot more fun to play a character I made that I'm actually proud of and has balance and polish to it than a character I made that I put less effort into.

Sorry to say ZB, but someone already said that. But you're right, quality doesn't matter in a game engine, it's all just for fun and awesome dream matches. :goodnight:

These 2 Statments

End of the day we have another addition to mugen, be it good or bad, its another addition, keeping the game alive

&

need to grow up and stop acting like this hobby gives them a paycheck

pretty much sums it up 

Exactly :goodmood:

Why bother? There are plenty of terrific Mario characters already.

Also, I find it ironic we tell everyone to ignore Ax's topics, yet we keep posting in them anyway, lol.

maybe so but i have yet to see any of them well balance 

you may never see his work balanced.

but thats him, thats his gimmick , all us creators have gimmicks.

I try to keep mine fine and balanced.

he prefers unfinished and beta-y....and.. constantly using the same character as a template.

but i digress.

you may never see his work balanced.

but thats him, thats his gimmick , all us creators have gimmicks.

I try to keep mine fine and balanced.

he prefers unfinished and beta-y....and.. constantly using the same character as a template.

but i digress.

Not sure if that was towards Me or not but I wasn't just talking about ax I was saying to everyone Mario there either overly cheap overly too powerful broken or unfinished

Everyone has a style of mugenizing characters. As long they've been successfully mugenized. As the Boss says, Ax prefers unfinished and beta level characters... I like to keep mine fine & balanced but I have characters that are unbalanced too but I don't care because the way they fight are acceptable to me. And I'm gonna say this... I made a BUNCH of Namco X Capcom characters but I never released them because they don't even have a single attack on them... they are more likely punching bags that... shoot yellow bullets... they guard, they jump (Which they shouldn't in source game but this is MUGEN) and they have their sprites for custom states... plus voices if they have them in the source game. 

Now back on topic... let's just leave AxSeeker alone and let him do his stuff. He could be busy like the rest of us.

Everyone has a style of mugenizing characters. As long they've been successfully mugenized. As the Boss says, Ax prefers unfinished and beta level characters... I like to keep mine fine & balanced but I have characters that are unbalanced too but I don't care because the way they fight are acceptable to me. And I'm gonna say this... I made a BUNCH of Namco X Capcom characters but I never released them because they don't even have a single attack on them... they are more likely punching bags that... shoot yellow bullets... they guard, they jump (Which they shouldn't in source game but this is MUGEN) and they have their sprites for custom states... plus voices if they have them in the source game. 

Now back on topic... let's just leave AxSeeker alone and let him do his stuff. He could be busy like the rest of us.

I don't mind some as long as I have a chance against them but either way I still collect them

I like to use templates that do about 90% of the coding for me. I find it easier to reuse a character that all ready has a charging weapon coded in all ready for characters that are shooter based; hence why Samus, MegaMan X, & Fox McCloud share the same code/template. It saves me time and I can skip all that complicated and difficult work.

The only reason Link (Zelda) was coded on Silver surfer template was for the flying mode on his magic bean lead (Silver Surf board).

To learn more about my creative process read my autobiography called, "Eat, Pray, Sleep"

I would work with others but in the past coders have taken too long before and they've coded stuff not to my preference. We would often have a conflict of interest in creating and we would disagree a lot about how something should work so I keep changing my mind on getting help. I try and work with others but we're just too different in vision. They try to make the same old stuff and I try and change it to be different.

Personally,,,, Some of the coders that have re-made my characters have done well to re-make them and function better but in the end they've changed too much about what made it special in the first place. I say only about one of them made my characters even better than they were originally. The rest did nothing to improve the character in general. I do like to see others improve my characters and I love that they want to be apart of it though I can't help but expect them to do better.

But back on subject about getting a coder to code for me.

I asked aperson89 for help on mario but then I decided it would just be quicker to do it myself.

I am really limited on time and I do my best to make stuff while juggling other things.

As for future wips, I am planning on turning some of my stuff into a project. I am working on a new project called "Sup[er Smash Fighters"

So far I've made,

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Fox McCloud

In the future I am gonna make Bomberman, Bubble (Bust a Move), and Kirby. I'm working on a story as well and it will loosely be based on the super smash brothers series. Currently I am doing stages and I plan to follow that up with a screenpack to make it all fit together.

I have no interest in Ryu, Sonic, Chun-Li, Akuma, Orochi, Len, godzilla, spongebob, and reimu.

Sorry.

A word :=D:

BLAM!

LOL! you two XD

I would work with others but in the past coders have taken too long before and they've coded stuff not to my preference. We would often have a conflict of interest in creating and we would disagree a lot about how something should work so I keep changing my mind on getting help. I try and work with others but we're just too different in vision. They try to make the same old stuff and I try and change it to be different.

Personally,,,, Some of the coders that have re-made my characters have done well to re-make them and function better but in the end they've changed too much about what made it special in the first place. I say only about one of them made my characters even better than they were originally. The rest did nothing to improve the character in general. I do like to see others improve my characters and I love that they want to be apart of it though I can't help but expect them to do better.

I asked aperson89 for help on mario but then I decided it would just be quicker to do it myself.

I am really limited on time and I do my best to make stuff while juggling other things.

As for future wips, I am planning on turning some of my stuff into a project. I am working on a new project called "Sup[er Smash Fighters"

So far I've made,

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Fox McCloud

In the future I am gonna make Bomberman, Bubble (Bust a Move), and Kirby. I'm working on a story as well and it will loosely be based on the super smash brothers series. Currently I am doing stages and I plan to follow that up with a screenpack to make it all fit together.

I have no interest in Ryu, Sonic, Chun-Li, Akuma, Orochi, Len, godzilla, spongebob, and reimu.

Sorry.

Hmm I See....

Well I wish you luck on your project Axseeker. I hope to see you update your characters more. Even if you have to take steps at a time to code them. Believe me once you get the hang of it you'll be alright.  :goodmood: 

So far I've made,

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus

Fox McCloud

Sorry.

I was being sarcastic about Ryu, Sonic, Chun-Li, Akuma, Orochi, Len, Godzilla, Spongebob, and Reimu. Are you going to make Spyro or Aang?

...I have no idea if you're still being sarcastic but I'll take that chance and answer your question. No I will not do Spyro or Aang. I have thought about Spyro in this kind of game as he could perhaps blend into this smash style series of crossovers but I don't feel like he's quite there yet with the rest. He's somewhere with Conker's bad fur day and Rayman in my opinion. You know, characters that were good but not that great or memorably popular like Dk and Mario or Pikachu. Spyro is in the back with Gex and hardly no one cares about that character. He looks like he might fit in though since he has that cartoonish videogame look to him.

But someone will have to do it instead. I have no interest in that and it would hinder me from my wip list. As for that animke guy, I'm very picky about my anime and I am not interested in that one at all. Sorry.