Star Fox's - Fox McCloud - RELEASED

AxSeeker

unless its source accurate there are games that has infinites in it 

As bad as that is, it's unfortunately true. Some fighters DO have infinites. I'm sure you've heard about MVC 3's infinites that even a toddler can pull off.

Then there's this lesser known stuff:

Thankfully, these infinites, 100%'s, and Crazy damage aren't easy to pull off. Still doesn't help the game though. Then again, with an AI like EC's anything goes. Mugen on the other hand, it's another story. We have many characters from many games and so trying to balance them to remove crap like this above should be a goal for any creator. If it were any other fighter, it would be a different story, but not Mugen.

I'm not suggesting everyone not try hard either, if you can do it then go for it if you want to but I'm not an anal enough to be a perfectionist. I liike to enjoy mugen.

and

You must realize that chuchoryu, cvs artist, and mazemerald are guys who broke their backs, took months of work, all so they could make your wish come true. There are threads in every mugen forum about a mugen wish list and finally a couple of crazy guys volunteered to spend all that time just to make it happen to make you happy and fufill your desires. I love that they went out of their way for us, the fans who wanted a character for mugen.

To me, personally, they are the best, flaws or no flaws, they're number 1 in my book. They gave me and you 78 characters total between them. That's a wonderful mugen community that works and thrives together.Talk about generous men to LOL 78 OMG!!! :awesome

BTW here are more examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3It704JIuA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcr0Cl7L0LM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjHsT4nTigA

And they are bad and/or unintentional. One does not simply deliberately put in infinites unless it's a joke character, which I don't think this is on your behalf (could be a joke to someone else). Yes, MUGEN has no set-in-stone restrictions, but balance is a thing. All the great characters are balanced because people like fighting/playing as balanced characters when playing seriously. Who wants to fight some thing that's going to smash your face in before the announcer has had time to breathe?

And they are bad and/or unintentional. One does not simply deliberately put in infinites unless it's a joke character, which I don't think this is on your behalf (could be a joke to someone else). Yes, MUGEN has no set-in-stone restrictions, but balance is a thing. All the great characters are balanced because people like fighting/playing as balanced characters when playing seriously. Who wants to fight some thing that's going to smash your face in before the announcer has had time to breathe?

Can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

It's hard nowadays to get a decent fight. Opponents are too easy so to fight a character with an unblockable move at least gives him a chance against me. Same for incredibly cheap moves and A.I.

It's a good thing and not all fights are always going to be balanced and that's the thrill of it. What's the point of winning if there isn't a chance you could lose?

SFII was awesome going up against Dhalsim, a cheap character with really long range punches but man was it satisfying to beat him after 6 tries. You feel like the underdog or hero in some cartoon, or like Goku vs Frieza before he went super.

Why do you think boss battles were so great?

I prefer unbalanced fighters; it's more interesting that way. It's especially fun fighting super mystery's characters or Loganir's WonderWoman. Man when I beat those I feel like I won a medal and truly earned my mugen wings. :P

Seriously guys, don't bother trying to change Ax's ways. He clearly stated he does not give a damn about anything we have to say. We can all wrap his "point de vue" up in two points :

- He makes "characters" solely so he can play as  them in M.U.G.E.N., be it because they are not made before, not have a good version of them available or because someone wants him to make a character (which he does which guarantees that it will not have any passion or dedication put into it). Just look at his Doomsday to know what I mean, he literally said that in that thread.

- He does not give a damn about any kind of feedback, be it positive or negative since he's the kind of guy who rapidly "finishes" something in less than a week so he can play as it, before moving on to his next "creation". And hey, since M.U.G.E.N. is a hobby thing, it should have no quality standards to speak of if we were to believe him. Even though we are here to help him by suggesting things which could make these "characters" so much more greater to play as, he says fuck off to all of that since it clashes with his "way of doing things". I for one can not even grasp how he is able to move on and leave something unfinished, unfinished forever unless someone would be stupid enough to finish his work for him. A good creator should be able to take pride in his creations which Ax, I'm sorry to say it, simply does not have. Even going as far as stating he gives jack shit about his reputation, I don't know how the guy can honestly live with himself. One thing I know for sure is that all this will be the last thing I'll ever have to say about this and all his other creations unless he turns 180° degrees and starts improving (which I know he can if he'd just care to do it) and that's a big unless.

I guess he's just so used to people at MMV constantly saying "NICE CHAR +1", which has seemingly become the rule rather than the exception there, that he thinks he can get away with that everywhere.

Now if you guys excuse me, I'll go drink a mug of brain bleach to forget about this whole Axcident (no pun intended) with DK and Fox.

That sums it up well though I don't think NaploeanJonomite would appreciate that "stupid" comment, though I could be wrong lol

Seriously guys, don't bother trying to change Ax's ways. He clearly stated he does not give a damn about anything we have to say. We can all wrap his "point de vue" up in two points :

- He makes "characters" solely so he can play as  them in M.U.G.E.N., be it because they are not made before, not have a good version of them available or because someone wants him to make a character (which he does which guarantees that it will not have any passion or dedication put into it). Just look at his Doomsday to know what I mean, he literally said that in that thread.

- He does not give a damn about any kind of feedback, be it positive or negative since he's the kind of guy who rapidly "finishes" something in less than a week so he can play as it, before moving on to his next "creation". And hey, since M.U.G.E.N. is a hobby thing, it should have no quality standards to speak of if we were to believe him. Even though we are here to help him by suggesting things which could make these "characters" so much more greater to play as, he says fuck off to all of that since it clashes with his "way of doing things". I for one can not even grasp how he is able to move on and leave something unfinished, unfinished forever unless someone would be stupid enough to finish his work for him. A good creator should be able to take pride in his creations which Ax, I'm sorry to say it, simply does not have. Even going as far as stating he gives jack shit about his reputation, I don't know how the guy can honestly live with himself. One thing I know for sure is that all this will be the last thing I'll ever have to say about this and all his other creations unless he turns 180° degrees and starts improving (which I know he can if he'd just care to do it) and that's a big unless.

I guess he's just so used to people at MMV constantly saying "NICE CHAR +1", which has seemingly become the rule rather than the exception there, that he thinks he can get away with that everywhere.

Now if you guys excuse me, I'll go drink a mug of brain bleach to forget about this whole Axcident (no pun intended) with DK and Fox.

If anyone doesn't know this yet, NaoleonJonomite has worked on and updated my Link (Zelda) character though I guess he's stupid now according to Winmugen11.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/PHPSESSID.36luntmq7rnpraigcq1c6fc2g6/topics/link-updated-942013-153463.0.html

But anyway, I guess that's all for this thread. I'll see you all again next time I release something again. See ya!

That If anyone doesn't know this yet, NaoleonJonomite has worked on and updated my Link (Zelda) character though I guess he's stupid now according to Winmugen11.

For the record, I don't think he's stupid since he's a good creator (or author  if you really want to make that difference). I enjoy his characters very much. All I meant to say with that statement is that while I don't think finishing somebody's work is forbidden by any stretch of the imagination (providing the the unfinished work is good at least), it's not a good MO which is looked upon highly to make something unfinished with the clear intention of not finishing it yourself and instead recommending others to finish it if they want to.

Look Ax, let me get one thing and one thing alone straight with you : I don't hate you nor do I dislike you. I'm merely suggesting you listen to at least some of the things people have to say about your work because you've got potential.

Don't want to completely finish your characters ? I'm personally fine with that since it's not such big of a deal.

You suck at coding? I'm personally fine with that too since you admitted that and admitting your weaknesses is generally speaking the first step to improvement.

You want to do things your way? Fine, your the creator after all.

You create a character by spriteswapping one of your own characters? That's definitely questionable but provided the spriteswap is not too obvious and good looking, you can get away with that in my book.

You don't care about your reputation nor what others have to say about your work? That's worrying but fine none the less imo. In the end you and you alone decide what you put effort into and listen to.

But the very least you could do is finish your sprites and make them look good and accurate to the character you want to represent them with if you really want to encourage other's to use them as a base. Now I don't know if you've seen my feedback regarding DK's sprites, nor if you even did something with that or care about it, but even DJ HANNIBALROYCE has admitted that fixing your DK is too much work for him for what it's worth since those sprites need way to much fixing in their current state. I'm not asking you to fix the coding nor am I asking you to revamp the gameplay or the moveset of Fox or DK but shortly put, I'm asking you if you want to take any responsibility for your work at all, take it and use it to make sure your sprites are a good base for others.

Just leave Ax into his fantasy world. I'm bored of him.

It's obvious he sucks at fighting games and uses Mugen to pretend he knows what he's doing. Dhalsim? cheap? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As for Napoleon, IIRC he had someone finish the Link sprites because they were incomplete and unuseable. And he definitely did not use your coding.

Link's sprites were okay, and enough for me to work with in the original release I made. I asked for some more animations to add onto what he currently had and give him more variety. I have a guy redoing to overall look of the sprites to where it looks more like the Ocarina of Time version. I don't remember ever saying anything about the sprites for Link being incomplete and unusable, but for some of the others I wanted to do out of the Ax sprited list, I probably did say that (I know I did for Samus).

If it bothers everyone that his characters are so shitty then don't use them, don't even give him the time of day. Why make a 3 page argument out of it saying: "Oh he'll never change!!" 

Regardless, I've seen creations of his get put to use sprite wise, he has made some interesting sprites, though his characters themselves could use tons of work and improvement. 

Maybe we should wrap this up and just leave Ax alone... and MUGEN's a fighting game engine so there should be basic common sense rules. I don't care how you make your character but don't act childish when responding to others. If I was a mod, I'll close this to prevent further word from coming in here...

Just leave Ax into his fantasy world. I'm bored of him.

It's obvious he sucks at fighting games and uses Mugen to pretend he knows what he's doing. Dhalsim? cheap? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As for Napoleon, IIRC he had someone finish the Link sprites because they were incomplete and unuseable. And he definitely did not use your coding.

Same here, I'm bored with AX.

He does not give a damn about any kind of feedback, be it positive or negative

I guess he's just so used to people at MMV constantly saying "NICE CHAR +1", which has seemingly become the rule rather than the exception there

i wanted to stay out of this, but that last line was bullshit. the rule? we can't help it if we dont have alot of people that know how to give feedback. we have maybe 3 regular people that know how. me, erroratu and arkady. and arkady dont do it due to he's too busy sprite editing or coding, making smart pals or whatever else. so that leaves 2 people really.

and me, i'm no expert, but i try...if its something that interests me. not to mention, i've been doing alot of my own sprite editing lately, so that counts out more time for DLing, playing, figuring out feedback (i should be credited for a few releases later this yr) erroratu's the same way. he'll give feedback if its a char he has interest in. you (or anyone else) is welcome to come to MMV to try and teach some folks how to give feedback.

my point is, try not to make a community wide insult just because we are lacking in people with that kind of know how. its definitely not purposeful, and absolutely not a rule like you are trying to make it out to be.

and btw, i've given feedback many times to ax. i dont know the track record for implementing, but i know he says thank you. pretty sure some of whatever went into the last hulk update at the minimum. forgive me for not remembering more as its not exactly something i keep track of (people giving attention to my feedback), nor will i ever keep track of it or give a shit if they do or not, much less rant about it.

btw 2.0, was there any positive (since you brought it up) feedback in any of these anti-Ax (thats the impression i've gotten from them all) threads?

anti-Ax (thats the impression i've gotten from them all) threads?

Lol. None of these threads were made with the intention of bashing Ax, especially since people should know better than to go into a topic and just randomly insult a person, but it happened anyways.

A hunch doesn't mean anything. The topic starters did nothing but post the character's link and a screenshot for the most part. That's not making an anti-Ax topic. Making an anti-Ax topic is linking to the character while openly calling it shit or something along those lines.

Oh, I'm not denying that some people intended to bash. I had to re-rail a single Ax release thread multiple times over at MFG because people were getting off track and being idiots about it. They still didn't become bash threads, considering they're just topics that report the creation's release and they were re-railed soon enough.

u guys both made points

Xan - is right that this thread was not created in order to bash the living fuck out of Ax...like it has pretty much been, atleast the last couple of pages 

Vol - is right in the fact that ,thats what it seeming to be for the fact stated above...last few pages , big middle finger to AX,for the most part , weather deserved or not 

im not cool with either, but apperantly  it is what it is ,so yeah......

Holy fuck I can barely read that yellow text.

their ya go & no im not asserting my authority by making the text red..( that shit still makes me giggle)... just wanted to make it were u could read it better