How to make a 3D character using BrawlBox

Note: BEWARE OF THE COLORLOSS!!!

Want to make a character, but don`t want to make sprites or just want to make 2.5D character? Then read this tutorial. It can be used for stages too.

Maybe there was similar topic/thread, if there was SAME or this one is pointless/useless - delete this one, but first notify me.

Step -1: 

What you need:

Model from here or just a DAE or MDL0 model;

BrawlBox ;

Time;

Skills in posing models.

Step 0:

Read readme;

Open model with BrawlBox (model is located in the pac file) or, if you are using DAE or MDL0 model without pac file, create one by opening brawlbox, new>create ARC file, then create new BRResource Pack, then import model you need inside this pack, save as PAC file;

Adjust camera settings, click "Save Camera" if there is no "Clear Camera" button, model must be facing camera and be in the center;

Create animation pack file in the same way as model, but instead of importing model, create new model animation, save this file as PAC (skip this part if you have animation file already);

Step 1:

Load said file;

Toggle floor and hide bones and verticles

Open animation, add more frames (i mostly make 20) on the right side of Frame: count (skip this part if you have animations ready for use);

Pose model, but make sure it touches floor;

Skip few frames, go to the step above until you will be close to the last frame;

Go to frame 1, in the "Transform All", press "Copy", then "Paste" in the last frame;

Create new CHR0, repeat steps above;

Step 2:

Hide everything except for polygons, then get ready because your fingers may hurt:

Press "CTRL+SHIFT+I", then "Enter" to remove message, then "PageUp", repeat until you will reach semi-last frame (skip 2-4 frames if you don`t want smooth animations);

Put all screenshots of current animations(they must be in the same place as brawlbox, just in the folder "Screen Capture") into the folder with animation`s name;

Go to next animation, repeat until you will make last animation screenshots;

Step 3:

Go to "How to make a character" tutorial.

That is all :awesome . If you have questions - tell me.

Now i have to work on Meta Ridley and Tallon IV chase stage...

Examples:

DarkSamusHyper4.gifRidley.gif

Very nice tip that you are sharing here!  You are so generous!  May we support MFFA's theme "Caring is Sharing" more!  4e5dd44a.gif

>> Note: BEWARE OF THE COLORLOSS!!!

I don't mind because some colors look just the same in my color-blinded eyes.  :p

Thanks.

Just look at this one:

mugen_wip___kraid__need_help__by_bagansm

Then at this one:

dc59498b5a7a.gif

Its hard to miss. Why there is colorloss in MUGEN anyway?

Using the second option of creating a new ARC file, would i be able to import models from other games or is this strictly brawl stuff?

There's so many model hacks for brawl, you don't really need to worry about that.  Just look at this:

2ub2M52.jpg

bil4_zps590d7b41.png?849

003_zps4b7e7907.png?840

Q5GhFXO.png

SHZWpx5.jpg

0YHc0m4.jpg

000_zpsb48578da.png?814

(Warning: Tons of large images)

Now that we got this tutorial, just imagine the amount of new characters that can be made!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hm. So, any other ways to obtain these models?

And just what format are these models in initially?

They're in the .pac format, so you kinda need BrawlBox to view them.  And unfortunately, Brawl Vault's pretty much the only location to get these models, although there's so many models that it's excusable.

• 1 month later...