Rank's and Grouping.

Ryon

Ok now some of you know there is a creator rank.

How do you get this rank?

Releasing Characters, or ALOT of stages.

Why is it related to just characters?

Because Stages are far more simple (aside from the imaginative aspect of creation)

Screenpacks, are similar to stages coding wise and imagination wise.

Lifebars.... are lifebars, 1 good design is all you need.

Characters are the bulk of mugen. There Creative creations at the best example.

Why do you give only people that make characters?

Because I feel if someone who has a creator rank, knows there stuff about mugen.

If you need help you can ask one of them. (Like proper coding help not how do i add a fatality code to a character help)

Their the guys who know there shit.

TO EDIT LATER...

This is my opinion (hopefully a humble one):

To me, a MUGEN fan who once has contributed from 1 to 2 MUGEN stuff by releasing then he/she/it can be a creator because he/she/it does creates and releases something to the MUGEN scene.  Be his/her/its release some motif/screenpack/fonts/stage/character, or a remixed BGM.

So, if it goes by my way then in MFFA there shall be many members being able to get the CREATOR rank.  I think this is not deniable that sometimes a decent and complicated MUGEN motif/screenpack/stage can take more effort than any MUGEN characters.  I mean.....motif/screenpack/fonts/stage/character value should be treated equally.  Perhaps within the rank name there can be some more distinctions/classifications....just a thought....

Moreover, about the rank name.......to me, there are two types:  a creator and an author.

A MUGEN creator shall be only the one who draws original sprites from scratch, mixes unique SFXs, and mugenizes some motif/screenpack/fonts/stage/character that is not available in any other commercial/homemade/official video games until his/her/its version is released to the MUGEN scene.  Hence the word "creation - from 0's to 1's".  Good example is Toshio, whose Uran for MUGEN is obviously a true from-the-ground-up MUGEN creation.

On the other hand, a MUGEN author shall be only the one who tries to convert existing video game contents to MUGEN.  Many examples have already been seen and heard of.  Like, I often call myself a MUGEN author rather than a MUGEN creator because I never make any MUGEN materials from scratch.

This is my opinion (hopefully a humble one):

To me, a MUGEN fan who once has contributed from 1 to 2 MUGEN stuff by releasing then he/she/it can be a creator because he/she/it does creates and releases something to the MUGEN scene.  Be his/her/its release some motif/screenpack/fonts/stage/character, or a remixed BGM.

So, if it goes by my way then in MFFA there shall be many members being able to get the CREATOR rank.  I think this is not deniable that sometimes a decent and complicated MUGEN motif/screenpack/stage can take more effort than any MUGEN characters.  I mean.....motif/screenpack/fonts/stage/character value should be treated equally.  Perhaps within the rank name there can be some more distinctions/classifications....just a thought....

^ Agree with this.

Just an opinion.

I hope u ask fro some more complex stuff if u gona do that like ocasions wheb.....

"Hey made a spriteswap of KFM but is only the SFF i didnt code anything or mess with the AIR" > Gets Creator Rank <Nah

Also incase of Chars edits ask for a decent mumber of edits not only 1 or 3.

"Made 20 single layered stages with Cybaster tool" > Get Creator Rank <Nah.

Stage quantity to earn the rank? Over 20+ sounds good imo

And yeah iam speaking of stages that arent just single layered or just edits/conversions like "Zoom", "Red:, "HD" from someone else works.

^ Agree with this.

Just an opinion.

I hope u ask fro some more complex stuff if u gona do that like ocasions wheb.....

"Hey made a spriteswap of KFM but is only the SFF i didnt code anything or mess with the AIR" > Gets Creator Rank <Nah

Also incase of Chars edits ask for a decent mumber of edits not only 1 or 3.

"Made 20 single layered stages with Cybaster tool" > Get Creator Rank <Nah.

Stage quantity to earn the rank? Over 20+ sounds good imo

And yeah iam speaking of stages that arent just single layered or just edits/conversions like "Zoom", "Red:, "HD" from someone else works.

You are right so in my post I mentioned, "...within the rank name there can be some more distinctions/classifications..."

I think some precise definitions need to be considered.

Oh I forgot to include lifebars and palettes............

With all of this in mind, what exactly does leaving in-depth feedback land you, if anything? I feel like those people are getting shafted by the current title system.

Honestly.

What title would someone like you deserve?

You don't code, you just play and find errors or strange things.

If Creator rank basically requires making a character or a shitload of other stuff, how does one get contributor?

Lifebars.... are lifebars, 1 good design is all you need.

I'm a little confused by this line, are you saying you can get creator with a good set of lifebars?

I made and released a set of lifebars, all animations made by me

IIRC contributor didn't deal with making content for mugen, it was a totally different rank.

Also, he's basically saying that lifebars are more simple than characters because all you need is a good design.

I've been waiting for this topic.

I've gotta say your definition of Creator is everthing I espected it to be. Heavily based on characters. Its logical in a sense. Characters can literally take 10x longer than a stage. Screenpacks are a little more complex and lifebars require a bit of patience as well. But bro you didn't mention any add ons or things that accompany these. Characters need palettes. Stages and screenpacks need music. Cuz ain't nobody picking characters or fighting in silence. The need dope bgms to get them pumped! Sure I crank out stages and screenpacks but you better believe I put worknon the soundtrack as well. I belive ALL aspects of mugen are important.

Tbo im gonna get my rank where ever I go. I'm not the best but I do a little bit of everything. Heh...EXCEPT characters. One of these...I'm gonna watch your tutorials and then I'll be....

The Master of All Mugen Creation.

ryu-sfa3-bust.jpg

idk but it doesnt seem completely fair

To clarify, i dont mean it isnt fair in the sense of me not having Creator, but for others.

IIRC contributor didn't deal with making content for mugen, it was a totally different rank.

Also, he's basically saying that lifebars are more simple than characters because all you need is a good design.

I'm curious as to what gets someone contrib.

A good design is subjective though.

What looks good to me might not look good to someone else. THIS is why everyone doesnt use the same lifebars or screenpacks.

And just for my argument, if i made a solid 2 button char, it'd be enough for Creator?

Honestly.

What title would someone like you deserve?

You don't code, you just play and find errors or strange things.

Let me remind you that without that some characters would not have improved or would have taken ages to improve than if the char were to be without such "playing and finding errors or strange things". Testing can sometimes take extremely good eye and honesty towards flaws, it also takes understanding on how a character is supposed to work, and amongst other things. Without testers some characters would be also really buggy or have flaws that the creators often tend to miss. Also keep in mind he didn't strictly say feedback should land you a "Creator" status. But it could be something such as contributor or something. And really, as a creator, sometimes you skip a few critical flaws that without a tester you might not catch at first. These are also a few examples on how feedback can really help fix a char: Link 1 , Link 2

handle ranks like in NAM

A good design is subjective though.

What looks good to me might not look good to someone else. THIS is why everyone doesnt use the same lifebars or screenpacks.

And just for my argument, if i made a solid 2 button char, it'd be enough for Creator?

Looks like he's just taking the technical aspect of creation into consideration, the coding. if it's true that characters are "technically" the "most complex" thing to archieve because it generally deals with more variables, isn't always the case though, as stated above, everything has levels. 

personally, I recall making a character out of boredom only for the sake of making a video of me fighting against it.

it's attacks were simple(squash/shockwaves/quakes), unusual common states, armor, helpers with different tasks for damage control/vulnerability periods /time etc...(in short, a mini-"puzzle" boss).

when I look back at it, taking a general view, any of my average stages takes twice the work as that.

Stages can get complex, but they just generally don't need to.

handle ranks like in NAM

I disagree 100% :troll:

Looks like he's just taking the technical aspect of creation into consideration, the coding. if it's true that characters are "technically" the "most complex" thing to archieve because it generally deals with more variables, isn't always the case though, as stated above, everything has levels.

personally, I recall making a character out of boredom only for the sake of making a video of me fighting against it.

it's attacks were simple(squash/shockwaves/quakes), unusual common states, armor, helpers with different tasks for damage control/vulnerability periods /time etc...(in short, a mini-"puzzle" boss).

when I look back at it, taking a general view, any of my average stages takes twice the work as that.

:=D: You are the exception, Margatroid.

I fact I extended on mentioning your name in my next point but you've already supported that quite nicely.

Thanks everyone for the input.

New ranks will be created, with a proper definition of rank and how to attain.

for now its just direct staff and none casual members.

as you can see above.

But soon, new regular member ranks to.