The Apex

100SadPandas

Progress on the walk. I'm debating keeping the top static and work only on the legs, and then once I'm done with the bottom part of the body going back and moving the arm frame by frame.
Zii6JCv.gif

I'm assuming that most people are getting bored of the walk-talk so since Gen has made me paranoid about how much I'm using Rouga I thought I'd outline the system I have in mind for the char.

Okay, I'm thinking of the combo system working like MvC, but adding certain combos that don't follow that system. So you could input a MvC combo such as 
LP-MP-HP-C.HP-Jump-JumpLP-JumpMP-JumpHK
But you would be able to do a more advanced combo that does more damage and opens up more possibilites such as
LP-LK-MK-HP-F.HP-D.HP-JumpLK-JumpMK-JumpMP-JumpHp
Or something like that. But the more advanced combos would be much more useful in comparison to the basic MvC-like combos because the advanced ones, like I said, did more damage and allowed for juggling and the like. There would be a lot of these so it wouldn't be primarily Rouga anims (GEN.).

I'm gonna try to elaborate on the dash system. So, if you press a basic Punch or Kick there will be, well, a punch or a kick. But the distance that has been closed by the dash anim will make the attack more effective. I'm gonna borrow the idea by someone (I forgot who, it was someone at NAM though) to have the kick be an anti-air move. The punch will probably travel farther then, in contrast. I already have a nice K' animation to use as a base for the anti air kick. If one inputs a special during the dash then Apex will perform the special, the only difference being that you'll be closer due to the dash mechanic. Simple enough I guess. I'm unsure whether or not I want Apex to be hit during the blur part.

There will be the basic parry and power up. For a third option I'm tied on it being a counter, speed-up, attack-up, or projectile bounce back. I dunno.

The Specials I have thought of is the anti air grab that Rouga does. Even though its a Rouga move I'm set on using it. The only other special I've thought of is an air special where Apex speeds down and does some sort of kick. Or something like that. I want to have two air specials and 4 ground specials. You'll be able to increase the damage/speed by pressing two buttons at the same time similar to the CvS style and open up more combo possibilites. If anyone has any more ideas for the specials lay them on me.

Hypers. I have no fucking clue honestly. I have bits and pieces of ideas but they're just rough sketches in my mind.

Predator Mode
Okay, so if you're aware of the Apex backstory (look back a few pages, I'm sure as hell not summarizing it again), he goes berserk once he fights for too long. In this state Apex will have increased power and speed, and every other hit will register against health, however will not send him into a hit state. This mode will be activated once the power bar is at max, and then after inputing some button combination another little energy bar like thing will appear at the bottom. It will become full only if you pull of advanced combos. Once full Apex will go full predatorial for a set period of time. Like before, more power and speed. However there will be a Super Hyper move that is only available during this time and will serve as Apex's strongest move. Note, in this state, Apex eyes will start bleeding and I may have to find a way to make it look like blood is dripping from his eyes and have the eyes glow red. Maybe, it looks really cool in my head.

Intro/Winposes
Custom Intro's. Lemme see. If Gen still wants to I think it'd be cool to have a custom intro against Krimson. I would like to have a little custom intro/winpose against Bluestreak but I'm kinda nervous about asking two giants like Jesuszilla and Diepod to let me do it. Last intro, against Yuri Sakazaki. I'm about to get a bit personal lol. I think Yuri Sakazaki is cool and sexy af. Don't judge me. I may have Apex make a statement like "Can I get your number", or "Damn gurl". Something like that... Don't judge me.

Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions Anyone? I'm open to anything.

Okay, here is the basic dash stuff. I have the kick base already, their in spoilers. I have 3 potential bases for the punch, which one looks best.
They're all slowed down so you can look at them more.
DashKick

EooXGkn.gif

DashPunchV1

FbUaJre.gif

DashPunchV2

YsIolEq.gif

DashPunchV3

1ZvqkRG.gif

This could be an Ex-Punch-Dash thingy. Seems cool to me.

7289cCU.gif

• 2 weeks later...
DrGkF9a.png
So this'll be the new light kick. 
The previous light kick will become the medium, and the previous medium is now the heavy. The previous heavy will probably be F.HK. I just didn't like the heavy kick, I thought it looked awkward. It's probably gonna be edited too.