Your Top Five (5) Anime?

Werewood

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This is an extremely tough list to narrow down, probably too tough in fact, but I suppose, I'll just throw out some that really stuck with me:

1) The Garden of Words

REASON: This was quite an emotional rollercoaster, and the visual art style was just... I drooled when I first saw it, cause at the time, when I saw it, I thought it was like a moving painting during some scenes. But yeah, a lot of anime like this really speak to me, even though well... I don't do relationships, not my cup of tea.

2) Cowboy Bebop

REASON: I mean, its the greatest anime ever made. Well, I'm sure someone will argue with me on that. But real talk, its a really strong and compelling anime from start to finish and it leaves you wanting more every time. Not because like, you want there to be more going on, but because this is one of those anime you really don't want to see come to an end.

3) Plastic Memories

REASON: Another sappy anime that well... pulled hard at my heart strings. I can't help it. I like the idea of relationships, but after I saw this, I was just like "nah... I couldn't handle that." In fact, watching this anime, I was just like "yeah, I'm no longer interested in getting close to anyone... losing them would be too much for me."

4) Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

REASON: Well... its emotional. That's about all I can say about that. I've actually dealt with similar circumstances. Its really unfortunate and something you tend to reflect on when you're by yourself.

5) Space Dandy

REASON: Truth be told, when I first saw this on TV, I was captivated. There's a lot of subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) important things you can learn from this. Lots of good karma you get from taking the time to truly absorb what you're watching and not just watch it.

But yeah, long story short, much of the anime that I would consider to be in my "favorites" list, are usually the ones that I've learned something from and have adapted that learning process to my every day life. Unfortunately though, a lot of these anime you can learn something from, often come at a price of making your heart ache.