Dot Warner for mugen [Idea]

Toshio Tenma

Hellooooo, nurse!! Er... Hello, everyone!

So, I got the idea of making Dot Warner for the m.u.g.e.n engine and I wish to make her based in the series cartoon footage.

I still need to decide which size would suit her.

From what I read, she is nine years old.

At first I thought about drawing her in the same size as Uran from Shin Tetsuwan Atom .

Should I draw her taller than Uran?

Also, I noticed that Dot have size inconsistency, in some footages she is drew taller and skinny while in other scenes she is drew smaller and more rounded.

I've made a lineart based in her footage at the opening:

Posted Image

And this is Dot based in the episode "Dot's Quiet Time":

Posted Image

If you have any more ideas then tell me or suggest some interesting concept art.

if this is how the sprites are gonna look in MUGEN,....ooooooooo kill em! like ryo sad b4, ACME must be utilized.

maybe one of her hypers can be a cameo appearance from Katie KABOOM (of course having her explode, doing mexi-damage...lol). it'll still be accurate since shes from the show! XD! i'm gonna enjoy seeing the progress...keep up the good work!

Guess I can use the inconsistency of sizes since she is a cartoon character.

Her brothers could shout "Helloooooooo, Nurse!" whenever Dot is about to fight a  female character, but not when Dot is the enemy .

I have plans for intros which she enter in the arena cosplaying Uran and then throw the dress away, being topless and just with her skirt.

She could also use her friendly "pet".

I assume for size she should be about half the size of Ryu or two Uran's tall. Does that make sense?

Cartoons characters needs to make sense?

I'll make her with the same size as Uran since Dot is not human.

This is a preview of her dizzy sprites:

Posted Image

If that character to crash when it's done,

Give your pc a whack!

I assume for size she should be about half the size of Ryu or two Uran's tall. Does that make sense?

That sounds about right.  One thing I would suggest is, when you're placing explods and helpers, to use a formula to detect the xscale and yscale values in her CNS file.  I decided to use this formula for my chars, and, so far, it seems to work all right.

pos=ceil(x*const(size.xscale)),ceil(y*const(size.yscale))

Toshio I really envy your drawing skill and talent!  I can draw nothing at all................. :donwan:

I am not familiar with this cartoon character.............I only know some Tiny Toons ones like Bugs Bunny and Babs Bunny......... Posted Image

Ah, you mean "Buster Bunny".

Well, Dot will take both the cartoon and the pc game as basis.

There are a lot of parodies which can be done.

Here is my idea for a special move:

Posted Image

Here are updates:

Stand:

Posted Image

Animated:

Posted Image

OH man! that is awesome Toshio I was always wondering if someone will make a decent Warner Bro. character. :awesome

Is she going have her brothers (Yakko & Wakko) as strikers? that be nice. If I remember she does things in the cartoon like charming someone because of her cuteness.

The falling fridge move sounds like a good idea. :goodmood:

As for basic moves I already considered:

a) Scratch: Dot will use hidden claws to scratch the enemy with her left hand.

b) Tail lash: Dot will use her tail to lash the p2 if close.

Special moves:

a) Teleport: Dot will teleport suddenly in order to surprise the p2.

b) Cute pose: Dot will make a cute pose and will counter anyone while posing.

c) Up and Down: Dot will throw a flower upward and depending of the button used, a anvil, fridge or a statue will fall in the enemy head.

d) Wanna see my pet: Depending of button used, Dot will summon a random pet which will strike the p2.

Supers:

a) Dynamite: Dot will stun the p2 and detonate him/sher with a dynamite.

b) Anvil rain: Several anvils will fall in the enemy head.

Dot may do a parody of Princess Comet while doing that move.

c)  Slappy's bomb: Dot will stun the enemy and Slappy will appear leaving a bomb.

After it explodes, Slappy will do a close-up on screen saying "Now, that's comedy!"

d) Here's our Show Name-y: Dot will do her usual line during the lyrics of Animaniacs theme son and the logo "Animaniacs" will fall crushing the p2.

As for basic moves I already considered:

a) Scratch: Dot will use hidden claws to scratch the enemy with her left hand.

b) Tail lash: Dot will use her tail to lash the p2 if close.

Special moves:

a) Teleport: Dot will teleport suddenly in order to surprise the p2.

b) Cute pose: Dot will make a cute pose and will counter anyone while posing.

c) Up and Down: Dot will throw a flower upward and depending of the button used, a anvil, fridge or a statue will fall in the enemy head.

d) Wanna see my pet: Depending of button used, Dot will summon a random pet which will strike the p2.

Supers:

a) Dynamite: Dot will stun the p2 and detonate him/sher with a dynamite.

b) Anvil rain: Several anvils will fall in the enemy head.

Dot may do a parody of Princess Comet while doing that move.

c)  Slappy's bomb: Dot will stun the enemy and Slappy will appear leaving a bomb.

After it explodes, Slappy will do a close-up on screen saying "Now, that's comedy!"

d) Here's our Show Name-y: Dot will do her usual line during the lyrics of Animaniacs theme son and the logo "Animaniacs" will fall crushing the p2.

Those are pretty good ideas Toshio. :awesome

I was thinking you could give her a win pose where She does a cute stance and a butterfly or bird flies on her hand. If I remember that was from the cartoon Where she was dealing with Snowhite and the two Dwrafs ( It was a "cheap cartoon" as they was joking about it in the show LOL!)  :=D:

Snowhite could'nt Stand her when she was doing that pose. XD

[Edit]

Here is the video of the cartoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5waQ-2stgIE

A revision of Dot's sprite:

Posted Image

Thats a really neat job their Toshio. :awesome  Maan! if only I can draw like you and my Bro I be making cool sprite sheets myself.  =)

Who wins?

Posted Image

To be honest I can't decide who's has the cutest stance. :noway:

Both are winners to me. :=D: