[Forum Project ] Mugen Free For All Universe (V6)

Ryon

Hello all, This is our forum wide project.

Every member has input in this project.

This is a screenpack to showcase MFFA, not as a community but as a fighting game.

The theme is UNIVERSE

Space if you may.

Here is what I have so far, Please tell me what you think, what should change, and what to add.

If you would like screenshots instead, just ask.

I remember seeing this in your tutorials. I KNEW I was looking into the future. Guess my inquiry gave you a lil more motivation... - Some random characters on the title and option screen - Hide some of the mode selections to make room for more designs + Beautiful select screen. Slot number is good. + The smallport designs are excellent. Love the shine, makes it look glossy like glass. Like that random select icon, bro + Those lifebars are golden. Now get that font finished! Lol! :awesome: This is looking good. Simple yet very stylish. Easy to use. I must say, Ryon. In terms of screen packs, we have a very similar approach.

well with these i was trying something different.

now.. my 1.1 screenpack, thats something much different.

Using the new graphics engine. 32 bit images, wonderfully blended fonts. and easy single line scaling for select boxes, for easy of making more or less slots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have some suggestions..

I. The theme is universe. So:

1. Make the galaxy on the main screen rotating, or do not absorb the particles.

2. On the character selection screen better use not stone blocks, but make them round, black+violet+transparent to make a stellar look.

3. Do the letters black with a white (may be opaque) outline.

4. On the character selection screen do a black hole in the center and position the slots around the"center". Space likes round objects.

5. Space is mostly dark. Do not make your screenpack like a rainbow. It is off-topic.

II. Other issues. None. Or am I blind?

Oh, sorry for reputation-upping everyone. It is a bad habit.

Let's see: 1.0 - VS. Screen needs A LOT OF WORK. - Lifebars are looking interesting so far. - Select Screen should include silhouettes of different characters, just like in V5. - Like 'Left the forum.' said, you could go for a galaxy-esque theme for this version. 1.1 - Main Menu fonts could be changed. - You should include the select boxes from your 1.0 version, but since this will be an HD version, some more slots could be implemented as well. - Custom Portraits could work as well IMO.

@ TotalDrama , I feel like I havent seen you in AGES. I don't wanna do the shadow thing from V5. Trying to make them all different and unique ya know? and Im going for the Universe theme, as stated in my original post.

Hmm....you have a good point. You want different elements for each version that comes out, which makes good sense. Also, I haven't really been able to contribute as much since my laptop broke last August, so I've been using the mobile site.

Wow! Its look awesome so far Ryon. Even though I am not an expert in Screenpacks but i have some suggestions:

-If you want to you can Shrink your Fonts a bit and put the selection titles in the center.

-adjust character slots to input more characters in (You might have already consider it though =P)

-put more up-beat music for Title and Character select screen

-Maybe change the Annoucer's voice during battle. Probly from MVC series

-Input Numbers and grid for the power Bar

-Maybe have one color theme for the lifebars (Unless you want to keep it "Mario 64" style its cool either way ^_^ )

Thats pretty much All I can think of for now. :goodmood:

Are you going to Create an Intro for this screenpack?

Nothing really blends

[Title]

- For starters the main font is boring and lacks detail, sure you have a gradient but it's plain, perhaps a border might help a bit.

- Fonts for select look like something that belong in a Mario game and don't really fit the idea of the universe thing, also try something besides green, it doesn't blend well with the rest of the screen.

- Seems like no organization is present. I'd recommend maybe make the title font be centered and then make the rest of the fonts be centered under them? Similar to the way the default 1.0 SP handles it. Or if you prefer having them at the side try a different space image with the galaxy featured to the bottom right so that it covers that empty space left by the fonts.

[select]

- Slots clash but I assume it's the yellow border, go for maybe a plainer gradient silverish border.

- Maybe make the gloss a bit less visible on the 9000,0 boxes? They look nice on the 9000,1 boxes. 

- Blank slots, if they had animation they might fit better but for now they don't work too well, again could be the border choice being a bit too clashy for it to work. 

- Might be just me but I feel like there's too much going on there but hardly any of it compliments each other, if you're gonna have a busy background go for simple slots, it's easier on the eyes. Your earlier screenpacks for example had very simple slots and such but that was because the background was busy enough to keep it occupied, it's very nice to look at.

[Versus]

- Reserved

[Lifebars]

- Reserved

[Victory]

- Reserved

For music, maybe something like this? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAP-_-XC9js - DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu Black Label Sally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI0ekzgXxEk - SFEX3 Character Select