Custom OMK Beatrice updated 2014-05-08

Werewood

Oho? Nice nice~ Will you be giving her any custom states at all, such as shock and Midnight Bliss, Mr. Borewood? :3

Circuitous didn't rip any shock/burn/drown sprites.....I am not sure whether OMK has these player states at all..........Midnight Bliss.......sorry I am not a spriter to be able to edit sprites so much.........

So, now it's completed?

At this phase she is highly playable now.  If you found any issues then please let me know thank you!

That's a sweet release, Werewood!

Thanks for sharing^^

Thanks, and I am waiting for your sweet releases too!

@Akatsuki (Fael-Chan):

if 07 Expansion would have put Kinzo in OMK, I wonder how he would play like......... :hmm:

Thank you all for your interest and support!  :heeee:

Ohj you updated her already. I was about to report how the AI kept pulling off supers when she didn't even have a full stock of power and how some of her supers .like when she summons the stakes have a bit of lag time and the move where she traps people in that red square thing  that some people don't stay caught in it or are still moving/ Was getting a Bison/Geese Howard vibe from her while playing. The super where she hits the enemy with two red arches reminds me of Geese's Double Repuken. Maybe you could add a third strike or have the special end in a fire pillar (like Iori's flame pillar special)

and have it explode into a swarm of butterflies scattering all over the screen.

Trying to understand what is the story behind OMK. I take it Beatrice is like some evil Headmistress of some school and has her own little army of demonic school girls (kinda like Bison and his shadowloo dolls)or something?

Oh nice video by the way. I could see her as a Disney Villainess with her students doing some crazy musical number LOL!!

@Bjay:

Yes please as you are a OMK Beatrice player not like me

@Ryochi:

>> report how the AI kept pulling off supers when she didn't even have a full stock of power and how some of her supers

This is Beatrice's Infinity SP ability.  Every time she does Normal Touch or Assault Touch, her Infinity SP ability is activated.

When her Infinity SP ability is activated, she can perform any of her supers without power bar, for once.

I think OMK Beatrice relies on her supers very much. More about OMK abilities:  http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Ougon_Musou_Kyoku/Abilities

>> like when she summons the stakes have a bit of lag time

Sorry but perhaps too many VFX (Helper and Explod state controllers) on the screen.......

>> where she traps people in that red square thing  that some people don't stay caught in it or are still moving

Normally when her opponent gets hit by her "Beatrice's Definition of a Closed Room 「ベアトリーチェの密室定義」 ― 236236z", the HitDef state controller puts her opponent to a custom get-hit custom state, P2StateNo = 2020, and her opponent is not supposed to get out of it UNLESS he/she/it has some get-hit custom state escape MUGEN code.  MUGEN characters with such get-hit custom state escape MUGEN code can escape such attacks like my old KOFXIII boss Saiki's "grab you and pound you hard" special move.  So, what MUGEN characters were you fighting against please?

>> Maybe you could add a third strike or have the special end in a fire pillar (like Iori's flame pillar special) and have it explode into a swarm of butterflies scattering all over the screen.

Hmmmmmmmmmm..........I am not sure how to add KOF Iori's move to my Custom OMK Beatrice........and more golden butterflies means more MUGEN slow-down.......

>> I take it Beatrice is like some evil Headmistress of some school and has her own little army of demonic school girls (kinda like Bison and his shadowloo dolls)or something?

Not a bad analogy!  Yet I think M.Bison (the dictator) and his dolls are more evil and powerful than Beatrice and her furnitures.....

>> I could see her as a Disney Villainess with her students doing some crazy musical number LOL!!

LOL x 2

tested out the updated version. yeah it's a little better the only main problem is the horrible slowdown when she summons those towers. if there was some way to fix the lag time on that move and she'll be fine. Also when she's throwing out the stakes the big stake doesn't seem to do anything. It doesn't transform like the other smaller stakes. maybe you could have it be Lucifer in burning stake mode adding the "!" to the attack. I'm getting the Geese Howard vibe with the scarlet wave. maybe a custom super like Geese's Repuken super slash like he does in FF realbout where he's just throwing Repukens and ends with a blast. (or something  similar to it.) anyhow she's coming out great so far and look forward to the next update!!

I am really loving this character, but i wanted to remove the graphic on screen that says "Beatrice". I wanted to label her Mary Poppins as a boss for myself. I know, im retarded. But how do I remove that graphic? Or even better yet, reword it?

• 5 weeks later...

update_notes_2013-11-17:
- fixed the Twin Battle Towers' "bullets" Helper to try to avoid the MUGEN HitOverride bug (i.e. by SF3 Ryu parry by GM)
- fixed the butterflies appearance for the Hit_liedown (5110): player changes to get-up state (5120) when ready
- made the Attack Touch come in faster to ensure a hit
- removed the shadow of the Red Truth red aura Helper
- re-adjusted the distance between Beatrice and P2 during the "Beatrice's Definition of a Closed Room" super move, when Beatrice is in different positions
- fixed the DivineKFM being thrown bug (advised by Bjay)
- disabled fall recover when P2 is hit by Attack Touch
- added Attack Touch to A.I under a certain condition
- made the win pose "it's perfecto" appear more when Beatrice's life >= 200/1000
- made the win pose "stomp on your head" appear less when Beatrice's life < 200/1000
- changed the A.I. Twin Battle Towers summoning Triggers in hope of stopping her from keeping to summon....sometimes (advised by Bjay)
- fixed the dizzy (self custom or P2's custom) state palette issue (advised by Bjay)

* Please go to my SkyDrive for the update download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105#cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!406
- you may download the whole new update
OR
- you may download the update patch

@Ryochi:
- I already reduced the number of Helpers used in her Twin Battle Towers from 34 to 2, so that was my best way to try to make it slow down less.....can't help much for now......

- the stake sister of the last hit of the consecutive stakes throwing is there in the first place:
Posted Image

- sorry but I still don't get your Geese idea.......

@Thrillo:

- you will have to use Fighter Factory 3 to open Custom_OMK_Beatrice.sff and change the sprite of the "BEATRICE" name:

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Hey Borewood, it seems you updated Beatrice on 22th, but you didn't write anything about it yet.

Just wondering what's changed or fixed. ;)

Besides, I don't seem to see a skill/move list.

You didn't write one or I just missed it somewhere?

Oh ya, BTW, is it possible to separate the AI from the char or make a scaleable AI?

She is too hard for my skill to beat.

Thanks for the nice char anyway. ;)

tested out the latest version and well the lag time in her moves seems to have gotten worse. her AI is pulling off special and she has no power meter filled and not even in that crazy meta mode. what kills me is that the tower she summons doesn't shoot anything till you imput a second command. it just sits there for a while. maybe you could make the tower a one attack special like the little Beatrice. For the record, Boomers OMK character are laggy. Baggy's are much better. they have little lag time )But the AI is insane.!!) maybe you could check his characters out and find out how he was able to reduce the lag time. Erika Frudo is by far my best OMK character that I play with.

well take care and hope you fix Beatrice up soon!

• 1 month later...

Hey Borewood, it seems you updated Beatrice on 22th, but you didn't write anything about it yet.

Just wondering what's changed or fixed. ;)

Besides, I don't seem to see a skill/move list.

You didn't write one or I just missed it somewhere?

Oh ya, BTW, is it possible to separate the AI from the char or make a scaleable AI?

She is too hard for my skill to beat.

Thanks for the nice char anyway. ;)

Oh that was just a small fix....too small for me to remember to mention here...........just a HUD fix......something about those pop up message tag during one of her Touches.....

No move list?  I thought in my Borewood_Readme.txt I already mentioned this:  "If you are not familiar with OMK Beatrice, then please read the enclosed Ougon Musou Kyoku-Beatrice - Mizuumi Wiki.mht"   You can use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome to open the .mht file.

Her A.I. too hard for you?  Alright, I will try to make a tone-down version for you later soon........

tested out the latest version and well the lag time in her moves seems to have gotten worse. her AI is pulling off special and she has no power meter filled and not even in that crazy meta mode. what kills me is that the tower she summons doesn't shoot anything till you imput a second command. it just sits there for a while. maybe you could make the tower a one attack special like the little Beatrice. For the record, Boomers OMK character are laggy. Baggy's are much better. they have little lag time )But the AI is insane.!!) maybe you could check his characters out and find out how he was able to reduce the lag time. Erika Frudo is by far my best OMK character that I play with.

well take care and hope you fix Beatrice up soon!

Sorry about the lag my Custom OMK Beatrice may produce in your MUGEN.  But currently I don't have time to use Baggy's version to make another Beatrice.  By the way, what is the specs of your PC please?  Because some mentioned they don't have the lag experience.........I want to know the lowest and highest possible specs...........

About your "has no power meter filled", it is her Touch ability that after she Touches herself or does an Assault Touch, she gains one free power meter but the gaining is invisible to the user.  This is how her unique ability works in both the source game and in MUGEN.

"Infinity SP - For a short period of time, this will allow you to use a single SP super for no cost once." -- from http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Ougon_Musou_Kyoku/Beatrice#Ability

About your "the tower she summons doesn't shoot anything till you input a second command. it just sits there for a while."

This is how her Meta works => please see http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Ougon_Musou_Kyoku/Beatrice#Meta_Super

@chmaster:

A no-A.I. patch is done for you and the others.

update_notes_2014-02-06:
- added a no-A.I. patch
  * please use Custom_OMK_Beatrice/Custom_OMK_Beatrice_no-AI.def in your mugen/data/select.def

* Please go to my SkyDrive for the update download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!524#cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!406
- you may download the whole new update Custom_OMK_Beatrice_2014-02-06.zip
OR
- you may download the update patch Custom_OMK_Beatrice_update_patch_2014-02-06.zip

• 3 months later...

update_notes_2014-05-08:
- fixed the control issue after a downed getting-up (advised by Bjay)
- added the "shattered glass" effect for Meta declaration and objection

Custom_OMK_Beatrice_update_2014-05-08.pn
- added the compatibility with my Custom OMK Virgilia
- fixed some minor things.........

* Please go to my SkyDrive for the update download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!524#cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E&id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!406
- you may download the whole new update Custom_OMK_Beatrice_2014-05-08.zip