Project Catch 'Em All

Ryon

Well, this one looks interesting.

1: I guess you should do something like give the time to the player to chose the attacks, because the enemy obviously is more faster of the

player. This is in my opinion one of the first things you have to do.

2: When a pokémon hits the opponent, sometimes the ATB go back to zero and the pokémon who was attacked will not perform its attack.

3: Fast pokémon like Sandslash are more advantaged.

4: Mewtwo is a bit too strong. I can't beat it.

Well, this one looks interesting.   1: I guess you should do something like give the time to the player to chose the attacks, because the enemy obviously is more faster of the   player. This is in my opinion one of the first things you have to do.

The Enemy is not faster. The moves you choose each have there own recovery time, weak moves recover faster, strong moves recover slower. its the balance.

The AI is not smart right now. It simply chooses at random, as fast as it can. So, yes, naturally the computer will be faster than you. I haven't decided how I'm going to go about doing smart AI yet, or at all. It's not something that can really be done the normal way. This system is 100% custom and follows only some of the common1 rules that any other character would. XD

...Please don't make the game any bigger by the time I get around to it.   Can you add new characters as separate downloads?

I'll have to discuss this with alexei. But honestly, As we add more characters (I mean much more not 1 or 2) The screenpack is gonna update and stuff as well. So we'll see.

The characters will be just like any other character, although they won't work in any other environment properly. So, yes. We can release characters separately. Then it would just be the user's job to add them to the game, like they would with any other character.

The screenpack is going to change as well though, so any filesize changes there can't be helped.

I'll have to discuss this with alexei. But honestly, As we add more characters (I mean much more not 1 or 2) The screenpack is gonna update and stuff as well. So we'll see.

Guess I gotta nab it while it's still within my bandwidth budget.

I might try to code some characters. My coding experience isn't high, but I could still try to help. (Don't be surprised if I end up trying to add Bidoof.)

Guess I gotta nab it while it's still within my bandwidth budget.

I might try to code some characters. My coding experience isn't high, but I could still try to help. (Don't be surprised if I end up trying to add Bidoof.)

There's a guide to follow. Most of the heavy lifting is done. You just have to make the attacks and that's it, in terms of coding. If you're really interested, I can fill you in on more details. 

Alright, let's see.

-Electrode seems really underpowered. It doesn't seem to have anything that can potentially beat the other monsters. Blastoise has power and Protect, Sandslash has some strong attacks and Dig, Quiliva has quick attacks that can cancel out other attacks, but aren't that strong themself, Scyther has some fast attacks and ways to make itself even faster, and...

-Skarmory (The ugly overrated metal bird) seems really OVERpowered, as it can just spam Fly over and over. Yeah, there's always a way to counter it like Quick Attack or Protect, but little ways of attacking a Fly-spamming Skarmory. To make matters worse, Skarmory's defense is ridiculously high, and Air Slash can often remove power points. Skarmory is almost impossible to kill, and seriously needs to be nerfed.

-I also notice Blastoise' Hydro Pump can sometimes freeze an opponent, keeping them from doing anything. I've only seen this once though.

-The continue screens have purple in them. Aren't alligned properly or the screens aren't big enough.

Still, pretty fun game. But... I'd like some more help with making characters. Where do the sprites come from, cause I looked in their defs and their sprite-files are empty.