Princess Fine Updated - 04/20/14 - v1.5.6

Zzyzzyxx

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ph05cr2r6c24jh/fine_z_1_56.zip

Demonstration videos, showing all of her combo ability. Don't try this at home:

** Bugfixes from the version 1.5.3 ***

* If opponent's vertical position was below the ground level, Gemini Strike failed to pop him up. This bug is fixed

* Standing friction and Crouching friction values now are the same

* Basic Attacks cause air guard cornerpush correctly now

Enjoy.

E4zXxiR.png

Princess Fine made the cut on my roster!  xD

She beat Aoko so she can stay.  I have her planned to debut in the #2400s much later.  

Are there any other characters from this particular anime that are also Mugenized?  o_O;

Princess Fine made the cut on my roster!  xD

She beat Aoko so she can stay.  I have her planned to debut in the #2400s much later.  

Are there any other characters from this particular anime that are also Mugenized?  o_O;

I don't know but you can get the rest of the characters and stages from this collection started by "Ryoucchi" :

Though the only thing that bothers me is the A.I. spams her dodging moves so much are able to fixed that a little?

I wish so hard I could fix this issue for you but I can't.

Her AI in particular was coded by Seravy. I don't understand anything at all about making AIs Posted Image

I kept his codes in her because the AI he wrote isn't ridiculously hard and because it helped me to detect problems involving her moves being too much safe / not safe enough.

Still, I'm glad that you guys liked her.

I wish so hard I could fix this issue for you but I can't.

Her AI in particular was coded by Seravy. I don't understand anything at all about making AIs Posted Image

I kept his codes in her because the AI he wrote isn't ridiculously hard and because it helped me to detect problems involving her moves being too much safe / not safe enough.

Still, I'm glad that you guys liked her.

Hey thats ok! I don't know about AI's either (still learning mugen coding why I call myself "Noob"LOL! :=D: )

But like you said she not ridiculously hard with AI she just dodge to much. Maybe one day when I understand more about Mugen AI coding I'll personal fix it my self. :goodmood:

All-in-All she is a very Solid character. :awesome

Her AI in particular was coded by Seravy. I don't understand anything at all about making AIs

There should be a

trigger2=random<var(58)

line for the changestate in the cmd file on each move. This line controls the probability of using the move. Var(58) is a constant set based on the difficulty. To make a specific move happen more or less frequently than others, multiply the value.

trigger2=random<var(58)*0.5 will make it happen half as frequently. You can use any number but it's best to stay in the 0.3-1.5 range, otherwise the attack will be used too rarely or too quickly.

In this particular case, the problem is probably that the AI can attempt to dodge while already guarding, which is a situation when nothing else is possible. So even if the AI is not dodging, it'll re-check for dodge every tick and eventually cancel the guarding into a dodge because that's the only possible move. Adding trigger2=stateno!=[120,155] can fix this, but then the AI will never cancel guarding into a dodge.

There should be a

trigger2=random<var(58)

line for the changestate in the cmd file on each move. This line controls the probability of using the move. Var(58) is a constant set based on the difficulty. To make a specific move happen more or less frequently than others, multiply the value.

trigger2=random<var(58)*0.5 will make it happen half as frequently. You can use any number but it's best to stay in the 0.3-1.5 range, otherwise the attack will be used too rarely or too quickly.

In this particular case, the problem is probably that the AI can attempt to dodge while already guarding, which is a situation when nothing else is possible. So even if the AI is not dodging, it'll re-check for dodge every tick and eventually cancel the guarding into a dodge because that's the only possible move. Adding trigger2=stateno!=[120,155] can fix this, but then the AI will never cancel guarding into a dodge.

Ahh! so that whats causing Fine to keep dodging like that. Thanks! :awesome

Oh! by the way I'm "noob". Nice to met you Seravy. :hi:

There should be a

trigger2=random<var(58)

Heya Seravy, 

Is there a way to make Potpourri beast as well so I can team her up with Fine?  xD

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Seravy, 

Is there a way to make Potpourri beast as well so I can team her up with Fine?  xD

Well, if I add an AI then yes, but I don't think Toshio was interested in AI too much, I think none of his characters have one yet. Eventually, I'll add AI to his characters if he doesn't do it himself, but for now, I'm too busy for that. Still have 24 of my own characters to update, and then there is Sakuya, Satori, etc...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Fine was updated to version 1.5.5 .

I noticed the commeants made about her in http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Princess_Fine . Some of them called my attention.

Despite the slightly clunky way their attacks connect (...)

Her pausetimes were calculated wrong back then. They were supposed to give more of the felling that the source game provides, but they actually aren't compatible with Mugen standards. Her moves ended up having an awkward feeling. It took me 3 more well-developed chars (Tifa, Reimu and Inma) to make me notice this issue in Fine.

I reduced the pausetimes of many attacks of her. Now she feels slightly faster and hopefully more fluid.

She is somewhat cheap due to the way she has a grab/throw that is executed using only one button and is easily spammed (...)

Solving this is easy. I made some modifications in her throw mechanics.

* Throw can't be performed from a running state anymore. You'll get a weak attack if you try it.

* Recovery time from a missed throw increased to 36 ticks.

I hope that these changes solve the problem of throws feeling cheap.

I also made a few bugfixes and improvements:

* Weak Fine Kick now has a much faster recovery time, and she bounces less after she makes contact with the opponent.

* Decreased the ground hittime of her Jumping A, while increased the hittime of Jumping B and Jumping C, to get rid of an infinite only possible via tool-assistance.

* Slap after dodge (not the Iya-Iya Dance, the B+C move instead) must be performed with (dir. + A/B/X/Y). Now by mashing Y or B+C you can cancel the dodge into itself easily like it was supposed to.

* The state in which the opponent flies through the screen received Screenbound sctrls. Now they fly correctly in zoomed stages.

* Other minor bugfixes.

Hope you guys liked the changes. Any minor bug will surely be considered and addressed properly. Bugfixes for Inma and Reimu are currently being made as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.56 is out.

* I had to fix a potentionally dangerous combo (likely an infinite). [jump A > B > C], land, Standing [A > B > C > qcb-1.gif + A > cancel with C], jump again and repeat. She wasn't supposed to link jumping attacks after standing/crouching attacks outside of Heroine Mode.

* Crouching C is much more efficient now. I changed the offset of the sprites so that the crouching kick has much more horizontal range.

* Fixed a small bug in reversal Iya-Iya Slap against jumping opponents.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ph05cr2r6c24jh/fine_z_1_56.zip