[UPDATED 7/14/13] Zangief Released

[Preview]
Posted Image
Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXsYsaktbc&feature=youtu.be

[Download]

[Comment]
Update 2:
[o] Boosted the damage of Final Atomic Buster (Level 2) to 370.
[o] Final Atomic Buster (Level 2) now makes Zangief say the full name of the move during it.
[o] Zangief says "Atomic Buster" now during Final Atomic Buster (Level 1)
[o] The enemy can no longer recover from Grapple Bite.
[o] The enemy can no longer recover from any version of Double Lariat.
[o] Add more hitstun to Body Press
[o] Added more command possibilities to Screw Buster, Power Pile Driver, and Power Suplex. See above for details.
[o] Banishing Flat will now destroy any projectile it comes in contact with.
[+] Chaining from light into heavy attacks is now possible.
[+] Added some new extra sounds where appropriate
[+] Added a configurable palette selector (via editing config.txt)
[+] A total of 12 palettes can be selected from. (6 more added)
[+] Added a new super with 3 levels: Double Lariat Buster.

Update:
- The enemy can no longer recover from Double Lariat (both versions), Russian Kick (Heavy), Banishing Flat, and Crouching Heavy Kick
- Split Aerial Russian Slam and Final Atomic Buster into 3 levels each.
- Changed the commands for all non-super grapples. They all follow a QCB ,[a-z] pattern.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Russian Arial Slam to freak out if you used it again after a successful session.

I've been working on this character for about 2 weeks and am happy to give him to you guys. This is my first 6-button character and really non-anime-related character. Enjoy.

- Mugen 1.0
- 8 Grapples
- Combo-able gameplay
- CFE Sprites and Sounds
- Custom HitSparks, GuardSparks, SuperSpark, Land Dust, and Floor Smash effects by me.

Пока пока)))

Readme:

--| Zangief's README |--

--------------------------------------------
[information]
Name: Zangief (Зангиев)
Origin: Capcom Fighting Evolution
Version Date: 7/14/2013
Mugen Version: 1.0
Author: Alexei Roschak (Алексей)
Description:
Zangief is the stereotypical icon from the USSR/Russian Federation. He drinks vodka a lot and wrestles polar bears...
What more is there to say? He is in constant admiration of his own body and loves to belittle others for not
having a body as powerful as his.

Credits:
Capcom for making Capcom Fighting Evolution.
JustNoPoint for ripping the sprites and pre-aligning them. That was very helpful.)
Tetsuya/Sudake for ripping the sounds from CFE.
BlackChaos, Ryon and Laharl for beta testing.
C.A.N and Cybaster for feedback.

[Commands]
Zangief uses a 6-button layout. X,Y, and Z are punches, while A,B, and C are kicks.

Legend:
a - A key (Light Kick)
b - B key (Medium Kick)
c - C key (Heavy Kick)
x - X key (Light Punch)
y - Y key (Medium Punch)
z - Z key (Heavy Punch)
F - Forward key
U - Up key
B - Back key
D - Down key
QCF - D,DF,F (Quarter Circle Forward)
QCB - D,DB,B (Quarter Circle Backward)
HCF - D,DB,B,F (Half Circle Forward)
HCB - D,DF,F,B (Half Circle Backward)
x2 - Do the preceding motion twice

Movement:
Walk - Hold F
Run - F,F
Backwards Hop - B,B
Jump - U
Crouch - Hold D

Basic:
Russian Kick (Medium) - Hold [DF,b]
Russian Kick (Heavy) - Hold [DF,c]
[AIR] Double Knee Drop (Light) - Hold [D,a]
[AIR] Double Knee Drop (Medium) - Hold [D,b]
[AIR] Forward Punch - Hold [(F or B),c]
[AIR] Kuuchu Headbutt (Medium) - Hold [u,y]
[AIR] Kuuchuu Headbutt (Heavy) - Hold [u,z]
[AIR] Body Press - Hold [(DF or DB),z]

Special:
Double Lariat - [x+y] OR [x+z] OR [y+z] OR [x+y+z]
Double Lariat (Quick) - [a+b] OR [a+c] OR [b+c] or [a+b+c]
Banishing Flat - [F,D,F,(x or y or z)]
Grapple Bite - [QCB,a]
Pile Driver - [QCB,b]
Suplex - [QCB,c]
Screw Buster - [QCB,x] OR [HCB,(x or y or z)] OR [HCF,(x or y or z)]
Power Pile Driver - [QCB,y] OR [HCB,(a or b or c)]
Power Suplex - [QCB,z] OR [HCF,(a or b or c)]

Super:
[1000 Power] Aerial Russian Slam (Level 1) - [QCFx2,a]
[2000 Power] Aerial Russian Slam (Level 2) - [QCFx2,b]
[3000 Power] Aerial Russian Slam (Level 3) - [QCFx2,c]
[1000 Power] Final Buster (Level 1) - [QCBx2,x]
[2000 Power] Atomic Buster (Level 2) - [QCBx2,y]
[3000 Power] Final Atomic Buster (Level 3) - [QCBx2,z]
[1000 Power] Double Lariat Buster (Level 1) - [QCBx2,a]
[2000 Power] Double Lariat Buster (Level 2) - [QCBx2,b]
[3000 Power] Double Lariat Buster (Level 3) - [QCBx2,c] 

[Conclusion]
Zangief is the first of his type of character that I've ever made. He's got a 6-button layout and bigger than the chiibi character's I usually
end up making. I chose to make him due to only the look of his sprites from Capcom Fighting Evolution. They look really good to me.
I based him off of CFE. Sprites, Sounds, Animations and Frame Time have all been tweaked to be
as accurate to CFE as possible. Gameplay is my own though. In CFE, combos are not too possible.
He has a total of 8 grapples and scaling A.I.

Enjoy.)

[Changelog]

07/14/2013:
[o] Boosted the damage of Final Atomic Buster (Level 2) to 370.
[o] Final Atomic Buster (Level 2) now makes Zangief say the full name of the move during it.
[o] Zangief says "Atomic Buster" now during Final Atomic Buster (Level 1)
[o] The enemy can no longer recover from Grapple Bite.
[o] The enemy can no longer recover from any version of Double Lariat.
[o] Add more hitstun to Body Press
[o] Added more command possibilities to Screw Buster, Power Pile Driver, and Power Suplex. See above for details.
[o] Banishing Flat will now destroy any projectile it comes in contact with.
[+] Chaining from light into heavy attacks is now possible.
[+] Added some new extra sounds where appropriate
[+] Added a configurable palette selector (via editing config.txt)
[+] A total of 12 palettes can be selected from. (6 more added)
[+] Added a new super with 3 levels: Double Lariat Buster.

07/09/2013:
[o] The enemy can no longer recover from Double Lariat (both versions), Russian Kick (Heavy), Banishing Flat, and Crouching Heavy Kick
[o] Split Aerial Russian Slam and Final Atomic Buster into 3 levels each.
[o] Changed the commands for all non-super grapples. They all follow a QCB ,[a-z] pattern.
[o] Fixed a bug that would cause Russian Aerial Slam to freak out if you used it again after a successful session.

07/08/2013:
[x] Initial Release

This was unexpected from you o_O. I like him though nice job. No 360 degree turns to do his specials/supers :)

Thank god you did not do Ryu, Ken, or any of the Hadoken characters. No offense Light LOL :troll:

This was unexpected from you o_O. I like him though nice job. No 360 degree turns to do his specials/supers :)

Thank god you did not do Ryu, Ken, or any of the Hadoken characters. No offense Light LOL :troll:

Hehe, I really liked his sprites.

He's also a fellow Русский! LOL, seriously though. I'm not that shallow. :P

Eh, I think they're WAY too overrated. I'm not even a fan of street fighter. But, I did need a change in pace and this was just the thing I needed. :)

:areyoukidding: Rookie...

Thank god you did not do Ryu, Ken, or any of the Hadoken characters. No offense Light LOL

:truestory: None taken, bro.

Eh, I think they're WAY too overrated. I'm not even a fan of street fighter.

:cry2:

But seriously, I LOVE this guy. I'm a Zangief die hard. So I have high expectations when it comes to the Geif! But I'm thrilled at how his gameplay turned out. I've always wanted a Zangief with this type of gameplay. I especially love the walking grabs. Pure awesomeness! It's sorta like Saturday Night Slammasters. Thanks for making this old man smile...

Oh...and he can combo...INTO GRABS!!! YES!!!!

I agree SF sucks mostly theres only a few chars that I actually like.

:areyoukidding:  Dude...it's the foundation. I'm a big fan of Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and alot of other modern fighters. But their gameplay all evolved from Street Fighter. But, I'ts oldschool. And it's not like it used to be. So I can see why a someone of your age might not be feeling it. Or...it could be...that you're a RPG "fan." In which case I am as well. But I'm a fighter fan first.

Course, I haven't tried Persona. I want to say IT'S overrated, but that wouldn't be fair.

btw, this might be my NEW favorite Zangief.

:areyoukidding: Rookie...

:truestory: None taken, bro.

:cry2:

But seriously, I LOVE this guy. I'm a Zangief die hard. So I have high expectations when it comes to the Geif! But I'm thrilled at how his gameplay turned out. I've always wanted a Zangief with this type of gameplay. I especially love the walking grabs. Pure awesomeness! It's sorta like Saturday Night Slammasters. Thanks for making this old man smile...

That shit is hard to do on a keyboard though ;-; a 360 degree turn

You're welcome! I saw his original gameplay and how it's nearly impossible to do anything with that on a keyboard. Unique Sprites + Wanting better gamplay + Wanting to improve self = Zangief. :D

:areyoukidding:  Dude...it's the foundation. I'm a big fan of Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and alot of other modern fighters. But their gameplay all evolved from Street Fighter. But, I'ts oldschool. And it's not like it used to be. So I can see why a someone of your age might not be feeling it. Or...it could be...that you're a RPG "fan." In which case I am as well. But I'm a fighter fan first.

Course, I haven't tried Persona. I want to say IT'S overrated, but that wouldn't be fair.

btw, this might be my NEW favorite Zangief.

What I mean by overrated is that there are TOO many Ryu's and Ken's and Akuma's in the mugen world. I did not want to make something that has been made 1000x. As for Street Fighter itself: I was never exposed to the goodness of it when I was a kid, so I'm kind of learning as I go here.

Awesome! Glad you like him so much. "Большой Победа!"

Yes!!!! :D

Instant download :)

Sweet!

That shit is hard to do on a keyboard though ;-; a 360 degree turn

Indeed it is. I failed even on a controller trying to do it. (Yes, I suck at fighting games). I had to have Ryon make me a video of all of his major moves so I could go frame by frame and get everything as perfect as possible, timing and positioning wise. :)

Good to hear.

What I mean by overrated is that there are TOO many Ryu's and Ken's and Akuma's in the mugen world. I did not want to make something that has been made 1000x. As for Street Fighter itself: I was never exposed to the goodness of it when I was a kid, so I'm kind of learning as I go here.

I agree about the too many Ryu's and Ken's and Akuma's we need more versions of the other guys.

Exactly my point. I've got nothing against them or the franchise personally. :P

I feel ya. I grew up on the street fighter from the 90's and early 2000's. CVS was the last great Street Fighter style themed game. I'm glad you gave the Atomic Buster 3 different levels. That was my only complaint. Now I have none. Also, I like how you made his throws command grabs. Now they require "some" skill but not so much that non-grappler players will be intimidated by his move set. Very impressive.

I feel ya. I grew up on the street fighter from the 90's and early 2000's. CVS was the last great Street Fighter style themed game. I'm glad you gave the Atomic Buster 3 different levels. That was my only complaint. Now I have none. Also, I like how you made his throws command grabs. Now they require "some" skill but not so much that non-grappler players will be intimidated by his move set. Very impressive.

Yeah, I didn't want to step on any toes. Cybaster suggested I make the advanced, 360 motions, QC motions instead, which is a great idea, but only doing those leads to inconsistency. So, I changed the others too. :)

Yeah, I didn't want to step on any toes. Cybaster suggested I make the advanced, 360 motions, QC motions instead, which is a great idea, but only doing those leads to inconsistency. So, I changed the others too. :)

Great idea changing them all. Makes the gameplay more solid and its actually easier. Instead of having to remember which moves use qcm. I sincerely hope you do more Street Fighter characters. Please...please...do Alex!

Great idea changing them all. Makes the gameplay more solid and its actually easier. Instead of having to remember which moves use qcm. I sincerely hope you do more Street Fighter characters. Please...please...do Alex!

Hehe, no guarantee of anything. I might make him. Though, when it comes to making things from Street Fighter, feedback from MFG is pushing towards accuracy and all. That's not my intent. There's so much conflict in interests. :(

Cool, I'm gonna download the update.

Sweet!

Nice, Downloading update.

:)