Vigilante - update 2013-06-22

Werewood

Vigilante

Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

MUGEN Characters 500 Series: Vigilante by Borewood
Vigilante is from Vigilante (Arcade)

Posted Image

Finally Thomas has to face Vigilante in MUGEN!

Video Preview:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm21150777

update_2013-06-22:

>> - Sometimes Vigilante doesn´t recognize that p2 is ko, takes some seconds till the win animations kicks in...
I don't know why I used trigger1 = 1 in statedef 180 now I changed it back to trigger1 = time = 0.
Hope it was the cause.

>> - sometimes the projectile just stands still in mid-air while Vigilante spins his Nunchucks like hell, not destroying it!
I forgot to put persistent = 0 to the Nunchucks anti-projectile shield Helper now I put it back.
There shall be no more P2 projectile being paused.

>> - Win pose... If Madonna is near Vigilante and his win animation kicks in, she stands up... Is there no way to detect if Madonna is near after winning? That way you could still use the Madonna win animation... or maybe Madonna could walk to Vigilante?
When I re-did the intro and win poses, in the Madonna Helper, I forgot to a previous ChangeAnim sctrl that makes her stand up.
Now she will never stand up again.

Please re-download:  https://skydrive.liv...DB65F02B0BBD12E

update_2013-06-21:

>> - Vigilante win and he walks offscreen, on wide stages camera follows vigilante... draging p2 koed body with him... This win animation needs a screen fix..

I had to use ScreenBound like this......

[state 20, 1]
type = ScreenBound
trigger1 = 1
value = 0
movecamera = 1, 0

......to avoid this to happen:
Posted Image

Our street hero can't reach his girl friend and enters a finite loop.....
Now I completely re-did the intro and win poses:
1. intro - Vigilante puts down Madonna and Madonna stays lying on the ground
2. win poses - for all times, only the non-Madonna takes place, with the source game stage clear theme music

>> - You could add the final victory theme to the Madonna win animation.
No more Madonna win animation so the source game stage clear theme music can be heard during all win poses

>> - Why not recreate the "ko" animation from Vigilante?
Now I made the source game KO way for Vigilante's defeat

>> - Damage output seems a bit to high, maybe reduce it and increase it a tad bit for the three bad guys
Re-adjusted in the manner now

>> - Strangler bad guy can catch the other player even when he´s already stranglin´ someone, even in the air.
Fixed!

>> Win pose stage clear theme - use a AssertSpecial with flag = nomusic, so that the stage music is mute.

Fixed!

update_2013-06-20:

- added attack voice
- added get hit voice
- added the correct nunchucks sound
- added guard.dist = 0 to all enemies' HitDef to make their attacks more realistic
- disabled left/right movement during Vigilante Kick (D,DB,B, a/b)
- added a Boring_Vigilante_without_enemies_without_Madonna.def for play without both enemies and Madonna
- added the victory theme music for the non-Madonna win pose
- adjusted sprite priority of the van bad guy to make him stay behind the players while his crow bar stays over the players:

Posted Image

So,

Boring_Vigilante.def  =============> with both enemies and Madonna
Boring_Vigilante_without_enemies.def  =============> with Madonna only
Boring_Vigilante_without_enemies_without_Madonna.def =============> without both enemies and Madonna

Download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Warning:

- There is no such thing as "source accuracy" in all my MUGEN characters, because I don't have the skill.
- There is only one default palette for all my MUGEN characters, because I am color-blind and don't know how to do palettes.
- There is no other purpose in all my MUGEN characters than filling some MUGEN database empty slots, for the sake of MUGEN hard-core collectors who accept both good-quality and inaccurate/half-assed/plain/boring MUGEN characters which have not yet been converted to MUGEN or that have fewer MUGEN verions.

Disclaimer

- All my new MUGEN characters are for MUGEN 1.0 only.
- All my new MUGEN characters have A.I.
- All my new MUGEN characters are open-sourced.

I would suggest having Madonna come out during his winpose instead of her just being there since it looks rather awkward thought it dose require custom sprites which is understandable so you could have him walk to the end of the screen and have her standing there. As for one of his moves i think you should remove how he can slide around with the nunchucks. It very strange since hes just standing there sliding imo. Anyways, thats all i have to say and good job on making him.

Just by watching the vid...

Shouldn´t the guy ontop of the car be behind p1 & p2... Does look strange.

Why not use more sounds from the source game, like the sound for the spinning Nunchucks?

Or the "Stage Clear" theme after winning the final round with Vigilante?

And...

MUGEN Characters 500 Series

Vigilante

Will you create the Junkyard stage to fit in with your char?

I would suggest having Madonna come out during his winpose instead of her just being there since it looks rather awkward thought it dose require custom sprites which is understandable so you could have him walk to the end of the screen and have her standing there. As for one of his moves i think you should remove how he can slide around with the nunchucks. It very strange since hes just standing there sliding imo. Anyways, thats all i have to say and good job on making him.

Oh it didn't happen to my testing!  All my testing was his successful picking up his girl friend.  Or did you mean she should not be there all the time?

About "slide around with nunchucks", I like this ability so I may do some more franken-spriting to edit his walk animation to combine with his nunchecks action.

Just by watching the vid...

Shouldn´t the guy ontop of the car be behind p1 & p2... Does look strange.

Why not use more sounds from the source game, like the sound for the spinning Nunchucks?

Or the "Stage Clear" theme after winning the final round with Vigilante?

And...

MUGEN Characters 500 Series

Vigilante

Will you create the Junkyard stage to fit in with your char?

The van bad guy needs to have higher sprite priority than both players because of his crow bar attack.............imagine if when he waves his crow bar but it goes behind the players..............to achieve perfectly I have to cut the van bad guy sprites apart - only the crow bar part has higher sprite priority than both players while his lower body has lower sprite priority than both players

sound for the spinning Nunchucks?  but I didn't hear anything for that in my MAME?

"Stage Clear" theme - I also had this thinking before, but since currently after winning the final round he walks to pick up Madonna so I discarded the theme idea, now that if I have to change final round win pose then I may re-consider using theme........

"Will you create the Junkyard stage to fit in with your char?" - sorry, complicated like this junkyard MUGEN stage is always my weakness............hope someone good with MUGEN stage authoring will do it

He even said in his wip thread that "sounds: some might be rip-able, or some alternatives will be used"...

So he would use sounds from the source game...

Oh, I ripped his get hit voice, but I forgot to put it in the CNS code............I will add it back soon.............

There are Nunchucks sounds p.e. in the arcade & TurboGrafx-16 version.

The van bad guy needs to have higher sprite priority than both players because of his crow bar attack.............imagine if when he waves his crow bar but it goes behind the players..............to achieve perfectly I have to cut the van bad guy sprites apart - only the crow bar part has higher sprite priority than both players while his lower body has lower sprite priority than both players

That would be very nice...

update_2013-06-20:

- added attack voice
- added get hit voice
- added the correct nunchucks sound
- added guard.dist = 0 to all enemies' HitDef to make their attacks more realistic
- disabled left/right movement during Vigilante Kick (D,DB,B, a/b)
- added a Boring_Vigilante_without_enemies_without_Madonna.def for play without both enemies and Madonna
- added the victory theme music for the non-Madonna win pose
- adjusted sprite priority of the van bad guy to make him stay behind the players while his crow bar stays over the players:

Posted Image

So,

Boring_Vigilante.def  =============> with both enemies and Madonna
Boring_Vigilante_without_enemies.def  =============> with Madonna only
Boring_Vigilante_without_enemies_without_Madonna.def =============> without both enemies and Madonna

Please re-download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

OMFG! How is Thomas suppose to win?!

Thomas, and other Player2, can win Vigilante because those bad guys can harm both Vigilante and Player2 :=D:

Dunno if this is of any help, but anyway...

http://spritedatabase.net/file/17644

Oh!  I didn't know someone ripped Vigilante sprites!  But I already ripped by myself and ripped more than that sprite sheet and did some franken-spriting by myself too.  Oh well.

Very nice update!

- Vigilante win and he walks offscreen, on wide stages camera follows vigilante... draging p2 koed body with him... This win animation needs a screen fix...

- You could add the final victory theme to the Madonna win animation.

- Why not recreate the "ko" animation from Vigilante?

- Damage output seems a bit to high, maybe reduce it and increase it a tad bit for the three bad guys

- Strangler bad guy can catch the other player even when he´s already stranglin´ someone, even in the air... Results:

Posted Image

Thank you, Staubhold, for your useful feedback!

update_2013-06-21:

>> - Vigilante win and he walks offscreen, on wide stages camera follows vigilante... draging p2 koed body with him... This win animation needs a screen fix..

I had to use ScreenBound like this......

[state 20, 1]
type = ScreenBound
trigger1 = 1
value = 0
movecamera = 1, 0

......to avoid this to happen:
Posted Image

Our street hero can't reach his girl friend and enters a finite loop.....
Now I completely re-did the intro and win poses:
1. intro - Vigilante puts down Madonna and Madonna stays lying on the ground
2. win poses - for all times, only the non-Madonna takes place, with the source game stage clear theme music

>> - You could add the final victory theme to the Madonna win animation.
No more Madonna win animation so the source game stage clear theme music can be heard during all win poses

>> - Why not recreate the "ko" animation from Vigilante?
Now I made the source game KO way for Vigilante's defeat:

Posted Image

>> - Damage output seems a bit to high, maybe reduce it and increase it a tad bit for the three bad guys
Re-adjusted in the manner now

>> - Strangler bad guy can catch the other player even when he´s already stranglin´ someone, even in the air.
Fixed!

Very very nice! Good job Awesomewood.

Win pose stage clear theme - use a AssertSpecial with flag = nomusic, so that the stage music is mute.

You are doing good job too!  You are able to spot what I have overlooked!  Thanks again!

I just fixed that with your suggestion and re-uploaded the Boring_Vigilante_2013-06-21.zip.

- Sometimes Vigilante doesn´t recognize that p2 is ko, takes some seconds till the win animations kicks in...

- Sometimes the projectile destroying ability of the Spin Nunchucks works strange, sometimes it destroys the projectile with some spins (depending of how many hits the projectile would give), sometimes the projectile just stands still in mid-air while Vigilante spins his Nunchucks like hell, not destroying it! (Tested p.e. with Gouken from Infinite and Ryu by P.o.t.S.)

- Win pose... If Madonna is near Vigilante and his win animation kicks in, she stands up... Is there no way to detect if Madonna is near after winning? That way you could still use the Madonna win animation... or maybe Madonna could walk to Vigilante?

Staubhold you are really cool when it comes to giving useful feedback!  Keep it up to only to improve my Vigilante thank you so much!

update_2013-06-22: >> - Sometimes Vigilante doesn´t recognize that p2 is ko, takes some seconds till the win animations kicks in... I don't know why I used trigger1 = 1 in statedef 180 now I changed it back to trigger1 = time = 0. Hope it was the cause. >> - sometimes the projectile just stands still in mid-air while Vigilante spins his Nunchucks like hell, not destroying it! I forgot to put persistent = 0 to the Nunchucks anti-projectile shield Helper now I put it back. There shall be no more P2 projectile being paused. >> - Win pose... If Madonna is near Vigilante and his win animation kicks in, she stands up... Is there no way to detect if Madonna is near after winning? That way you could still use the Madonna win animation... or maybe Madonna could walk to Vigilante? When I re-did the intro and win poses, in the Madonna Helper, I forgot to a previous ChangeAnim sctrl that makes her stand up. Now she will never stand up again.

Please re-download Boring_Vigilante_2013-06-22.zip at:  https://skydrive.liv...DB65F02B0BBD12E

Good job!

Love the respect for the source game. When I find something new, I´ll post it...

Well, the "Vigilante doesn´t recognize that p2 is ko" bug still happens sometimes...

I also love the Vigilante source game very much!  It was my childhood favorite next to Spartan X/Kung-Fu Master.  That was why I planned to mugenize Vigilante because there is already a Thomas in MUGEN, while only the Vigilante was not yet mugenized (as of my MUGEN knowledge).

Oh........that KO bug thing..............let me study more to find out what is the exact cause..............

@Staubhold:

>> Well, the "Vigilante doesn´t recognize that p2 is ko" bug still happens sometimes...

I tried in Arcade/Versus/Watch several time but I could not replicate that P2 KO bug you mentioned.....

- Arcade/Versus/Watch?

- what are the P2's that you were using?

- any debug flood message?

- what was the last thing Vigilante do right before the bug takes place (given what statedef for example)?

- what was the last thing P2 do right before the bug takes place(given what statedef for example)?

Thanks.........

Will try to recreate the bug and answer your questions.

Ok, had the bug against PotS Gouki...

Arcade mode, no debug flood.

Happend while Gouki was ko´ed and Vigilante was shoot by the gun-wielding bad guy.