Sprite Criticism requested

MugoUrth

Hey there, I'm MugoUrth, although you probably know that. After creating that Marion MUGEN character, I've been debating who I want to make next for MUGEN. But at the same time I am not perfectly happy with Marion due to his shallow movepool, and am considering working on him more. But there are three characters in particular I want to make for MUGEN. One is Pakkum, another character from the same game as Marion (Lil' Monster), Benny the Miraj, who's my online mascot and the dude in my icon, and my favorite Pokemon: Bibarel. ...Yes, Bibarel. Got a problem with that?

So anyway...

http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bibarel_GIF.gif

I was hoping to maybe get some criticism for this Bibarel standing sprite I made, and future sprites I might post here.

Shading is hard, that's for sure. I don't use it very often. Recommend a certain shading style?

Edit: I might go ahead and try my hand at making Bibarel for MUGEN. but I'm debating what attacks to have. I want to avoid going with an "HM Slave" type moveset and try to show Bibarel's versatile site.

Surf

Rollout

Thunderbolt

Ice Beam

And maybe have Raticate and Watchog strikers.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Mine MINE MIIIINE!!! He he!

Anyway, I don't have a set character I want to do next. At first I wanted to do Pakkum, but the character isn't very well known. I also wanted to do my favorite Pokemon, Bibarel. But of coarse, he's also everyone else's least favorite Pokemon. As well, I want to do something more simple. Now I want to do Trigger Happy from Skylanders. I also tried to go for a smaller sprite for this, cause maybe it might be easier to sprite. Plus, Trigger Happy's a small character anyway.

Eh, Pokémon is well known - a fudgeton of people download Pokémon characters because they're Pokémon. I know nothing about Skylanders, so I can't really help you in the ideas department :P Still, best of luck there ;) Sprite-wise, those don't like guns no matter which way I look at them...more like baseball mitts to be honest :P

Eh, Pokémon is well known - a fudgeton of people download Pokémon characters because they're Pokémon. I know nothing about Skylanders, so I can't really help you in the ideas department :P

Still, best of luck there ;)

Sprite-wise, those don't like guns no matter which way I look at them...more like baseball mitts to be honest :P

That's okay, I got all my ideas set. I know everyone recognizes Pokemon, but again: Bibarel isn't very well liked. That, and I'm having a hard time drawing out any of the other animations. Plus, I'm just more of an "Obscure character" kind of guy. (Although Trigger Happy isn't that obscure.)

I'll see what I can do about the guns.

Posted Image

I tried working on the shading and shape of the guns. Since they're part of a small sprite, they're difficult to get right. But usually the first sprite is the hardest. Maybe I should show this at Sprite Database.