Official ATV3: Legendary Terry Bogard Update thread

Legendary DeMoNk@I

• 8 months later...
This is For those who have enjoyed the character so far and have been wondering what ive done him over time since release...

Video showcase shown below is pretty old now since ive already updated and cleaned up a lot more things since after the recording

The last official update i did was 12/14/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvZagX9KF_w

Summary below is what took place long after or some time before the video recording you seen above:

-Extra codes unused removed. there was a lot i didnt realize i left not connected to anything inside his helper or sharing numbers of other states

-ALL unused FX and sprites removed (yeah there were a lot in there when i released it)

-More sounds removed. some changed

-More FX that were being used are now removed. Example:
GGX flames BG and many others

-Certain FX bugs fixed. one example is the qeyser quake smoke blast
removed the bad glitch color one with the a fixed version. Others were re adjusted and coded better

-Official NEW end battle win state Cinema animation added in along with "Oh Angel" short theme

-All new hit sparks

-ALL Super charge FX totally re placed

-Hyper charge for Lily portrait re coded to animate with zoom better

-Midnight Bliss animation FINALLY added in! :=D:

-Shock hit animation FINALLY added in!  :=D: (Under observation to be color edited though maybe) 

-Fixes to Terrys hit animations of AIR file sprites heavily updated

-Fixes to Terrys reaction to ALL midnight bliss attacks. 

-Fixes to his hit animations when hes thrown or grabbed by certain isolated issues VS characters like R@ce's marco. i thought it was his character but it was an isolated bug issue my terry had on default VS him. Coding is tricky like that ive learned where you must to test your character versus a wide variety of character attacks.

-ISOLATED KO lie dead bug versus certain character types totally fixed properly so that on default it doesnt happen if the enemy character is coded a certain way. One example is VS don drago Ryu. so if he ever beats terry my terry just lies dead and no custom get up state action

-AI helper trigger refined better

-AI updated in various areas. two examples dodge and parry. terry now side steps way more
and parries way more effectively than before. the game one level 8 for best results^^

-Certain attack clsn boxes were removed entirely. one example: is the landing overshift geyser
animation. yes that big huge red box around terrys body some folks cried about is gone

-Certain get hit clsn boxes were resized down. one example: is the rising tackle. they are a bit smaller

-Certain moves dont chain into each other like before. I found certain combos ineffective either in
human game play or A.I.

-New crouching heavy punch added in. more of a SF anti jump in keep away punch.
didnt like the idea of sharing the same heavy punch animation for medium and heavy

-parry system totally fined better again in AI and in human game play much smoother and lighter like SF3. I found some things a bit off and codes not connected so i had to start over

-A lot of EX features fixed better. One example: hit pause of EX shatter wave re coded much better

-precision hit counter FX added in and the KOF XII critical counter removed. i didnt like it in the end but
i might use it for something else on a different character

Snippets of screenshots of various updates

sprite edited a new crouching heavy punch. I like the old SF2 tactics so thats why its there

Posted Image
Posted Image

Midnight Bliss and shock animations with Custom scream sounds on bliss change added in too
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All new wall and ground hit FX
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ALL new Hit sparks. i wanted all this before but kept messing up on the code so i ran with those
KOF XIII FX until i felt like trying to code it again. trial and error is a bitch
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All new block FX
EX power charge tackle now has one. before it was bare
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And Various other FX changes youll find that look cleaner and better. the best of my ability
Posted Image

The red super charges you see in my terry i took the time out to figure out how to change the color
Posted Image
Posted Image

Precision counter hit. all it is what you see happening with those pots characters. i just jazzed it up more with FX and sounds...i plan to take the effect of it further later. And yes this happens with all attacks if you hit the enemy just before they hit you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And finally the new official win state look i really wanted from the start. i just had to find a good code method that fit the concept of what i wanted....

Posted Image

These were all the main things i had time to do or finally figured out better ways to code on my own these past months. The hit damage of the character were adjusted more but not dramatically. will you like it better? i dont know but it has been toned down enough in my eyes. BUT the final patch for 1.0 version will have a even more dramatic tone down of bite to terry and also his speed in certain ways. This in the end leaves a winmugen version and 1.0 version. 1.0 will be softer. The public can have their choice of that in the end at my site later on so thats what im currently patching right now.

Bugs im aware of that still remain are:

-Ex power charge collision hit. at times out of the blue the enemy may hit terry just as he connects with the charge tackle and that may leave the enemy stuck and stunned in a lie down state until you restart the match. its rare but its an annoying issue i havent figured out how to fix yet. move is currently being observed closer in the codes.

-LvL 1 live wire geyser geyser may spawn a mini version of terry out of the blue when he gets hit at that right time while doing that super. i thought i fixed it but the other day i still saw it. i cant quite figure out how to fix that right now

well thats the latest. sorry i havent been updating news here but my site and youtube videos expose everything of the latest anyway. check that material if youre following whats new with that terry.

[Random Cpu vs cpu battles LVL 8]
VS buckus A.I. types
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUDP8gdjtc

VS Infinites A.I. types
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFWUYdSZqB8 

VS Don Drago A.I. types
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2RdPlK4Y2I

VS Ikaruga patched AI types
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8pZUS0N9n0

If you don't like my terry to be that aggressive just lower the difficulty :troll: 

peace

this guy is amazing. one thing though u should change his launcher sparks to just to be consistent just a lil knitpick

-the sideways rising tackle if done in the center he just goes thru the opponent with little damage done.

-the last couple hits of super raging wolf do not connect.

-the super geyser quake doesnt do much damage even when u charge it and a suggestion for it why not make the opponent fly up in the air? it seems like a powerful enough attack.

-the power wave doesnt do any damage.

only things ive found so far other than that this guy is fuckin awesome i love the work and the effort man keep it up

Thanks for the feedback of comments. 

-Yeah the pop up hit spark style is just me being different. i usually keep stuff a certain way until i get tired of seeing it actually or find something better in visuals. Im just weird like that i guess when i create. so knows...i may change it out of the blue

-Make sure you downloaded the latest update 12/14/13 There were a lot of attacks in damage toned down a lot because a lot of people spoke on how over powered in damage most of his attacks were so thats why that side ways super "Super Burning tackle" doesnt pack that much of a punch anymore. What character did you test that move against? i tested it against KFM again moments ago and it hit him fine in the middle of the screen. was the character standing or crouching?

-Thanks for spotting that no damage with medium and heavy power wave. I fixed the weak one  a hot while ago (which was an issue) and broke the others in some way i guess smh...ill revisit that. they do damage when blocking but not on open hits i see. if they do its a very low damage of 1 for some reason. pretty much no damage as you said.

-The raging wolf. yeah the blast doesnt fully connect the last 2 juggles im aware of. I may have to adjust the velocity of air juggle more so it all connects all in a open hit

-Yeah sadly the damage in the geyser quake was toned down dramatically because again some people complained about that. it did an significant amount of damage before but i toned it down. The charge isnt for damage its for a delay. As for the pop up deal thats how it was in the beginning. he had some sort of duel hit advantage style i was trying to perfect. up close it was supposed to be like C viper but if he caught you with it far away it rocked the enemy down to the ground. But i didnt get the code right at the time so i left it alone as you see it now. I may revisit that code again to try and do it right. 

youll see it in this very old video test here before i released him

clip time 0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUMeJr0O_Pg

All your comments are appreciated. ill be looking into what you spoke on some time today

Site link updated:

Fixes

-Medium & Heavy power waves now deal damage properly on open hits:

-Raging wolf blasts now juggle the enemy entirely. Making hits in total of 7 instead of 4

Changes:

-Hit sparks for Geyser punch launcher, Geyser Kick and Air bash changed to be consistent visually with the rest.

Old hit spark removed.....Thought it over. fuck it why not. looks better plus less file size^^

New visual update.

well i decided to revisit an old old idea and try to pull it off as close as possible.

i Always wanted that wolf speed to sort of have that cool anime blur look. its not as crisp as i wanted it to be like Buckus yang super dash look but its good enough to me. in game it looks better as its happening and how i coded it. The super speed was inspired by Krauser in the fatal fury 2 movie. thats where i originally got the idea from. the fight in the alley way. NOT DBZ^^ :angry1:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks a bit grainy from here yes i know but its the best i could do
Posted Image
Posted Image

New visual update.

well i decided to revisit an old old idea and try to pull it off as close as possible.

i Always wanted that wolf speed to sort of have that cool anime blur look. its not as crisp as i wanted it to be like Buckus yang super dash look but its good enough to me. in game it looks better as its happening and how i coded it. The super speed was inspired by Krauser in the fatal fury 2 movie. thats where i originally got the idea from. the fight in the alley way. NOT DBZ^^ :angry1:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks a bit grainy from here yes i know but its the best i could do
Posted Image
Posted Image

FLASH TERRY !!! A-WE-SOME idea man  :confuse:

This Terry is great but the 2nd ver. ai I like better. He seemed like terry should be. You know when Terry gets beat by someone and the whole world is like "Terry lost" ver. 2 of this terry was like the terry at the end of the motion picture. The terry that is the king of fighters. I miss when his power gets low and you here "DANGER" and you know its all over. I need that ai back. What will it take to get Ikaruga to do a ai patch for him?

Thanks for the feedbacks again guys. i dig it.

@

ultrafatality18

Yeah sorry about that. during that recent update of changing some hit sparks dealing the launcher attacks i forgot to replace the old hit spark i removed of that counter with the new ones. ill fix that sometime today.

That super you mean with C' heavy kick is the shattering senpuuken kicks. i tried it on KFM and it seems fine. what character did you use it on? I'll look into it. some things maybe isolated and im aware of that happening.

@squatch812

The thing about V2 was there was a lot of things wrong with that AI aside from his game play which i was trying to code right also. I knew that. Im happy that at least youre another person out there who seems to get the idea of what i was doing with that whole Fighting game boss syndrome meets anime vibe. Yes i purposely coded that AI that way for the CPU and not human player but if i had it any other way id do it how im doing it right now how its supposed to be. he can work up to that level during combat if pushed that far. since ive gotten better at understanding how AI works and how Pots and Vyn coded certain things now my terry is way more paced in that area i feel. The "Danger" text is still there but i removed the announcer voice. I dont know i might put that back in there who knows. But entirely the AI of that V2 was broken. even his parry was overkill. I knew that too but didnt care because i didnt know how to fix it better at the time. so now that i understand how pots did his parry AI mines is exactly how his is in performance or damn close at least. Im sure you saw old videos of my terry just charging up constantly for no reason at all. that was a clear sign i didnt have important things in his AI coded and connected right. I was still learning and struggling....now when you see him he charges at a distance and tries to cancel it just before he gets hit way more effectively, i studied pots geese howard to get that right. so what im saying is that old AI was bad and i had to step up. Hes still aggressive as hell though bet that, As for Ikaruga patch id be honored if he did that actually. im a fan of his works. love what he did for Buckus stuff

Anyway check this new video i did recently. it exposes his AI and how effectively he uses his Ultimate super on low health

and 4 bars of power as he should. V3 turned out to be in better ways more polished

The easiest thing you can do yourself is just change his AI in this area

Make this

triggerall=!var(20)&&power>=4000&&life<=200 && var(20)<=60

become this

triggerall=!var(20)&&power>=1000&&life<=200 && var(20)<=60

and then he will do that Ultimate on 1 bar of power each time when his health is low if you want

Crom Lando has entered the threaaaaaaaddddd! lol sup kai bro. Yo man this dude is always lookin more and more on point man. keep up the amazing work my friend and fam.  oh and no worries, lando is still chippin at that "thang" you got for me to do up sun.  :awesome

Posted Image

beat yojiro 

yeah that dude right there.. strong as all hells broke loose.  now you got me curious to try and beat him with this version. must re dl that yojiro dude now and test what terry can do up against him this version. lol

:areyoukidding: Yeah somebody send me that yojiro and Ikaruga  kyo so i can see what yall talking about

@Lando

what up brotha man im diggin that sig! lol yeh ill be waiting patiently for that situation!

yeh that terry was broken in a lot ways like i said especially with that AI so im not surprised about him beating certain types.

As for the hold start thing. yeh that was an original idea but i didnt know how to do that or get any support to help me birth that kind of terry. he was gonna be tame and paced pretty much like Warasuki3 & Vyns terry but had a "Awakened" mode when you hold start. im a fan of that kind of stuff

:areyoukidding: Yeah somebody send me that yojiro and Ikaruga  kyo so i can see what yall talking about

@Lando

what up brotha man im diggin that sig! lol yeh ill be waiting patiently for that situation!

yeh that terry was broken in a lot ways like i said especially with that AI so im not surprised about him beating certain types.

As for the hold start thing. yeh that was an original idea but i didnt know how to do that or get any support to help me birth that kind of terry. he was gonna be tame and paced pretty much like Warasuki3 & Vyns terry but had a "Awakened" mode when you hold start. im a fan of that kind of stuff

I dont know how to send those character  files. tell me how and I will. And I was talking about AI battles. I like to watch my mugen. if I play it I just use mizoguchi. AI vs AI the 2nd ver terry would beat them both

I dont know how to send those character  files. tell me how and I will. And I was talking about AI battles. I like to watch my mugen. if I play it I just use mizoguchi. AI vs AI the 2nd ver terry would beat them both

yeh i kinda knew what ya meant on AI watch mode. terry had a lot of invincible advantages in V2 i cut out...trust me ive watched those two scrap a few times. AI combat is fine especially on level 8. i always have it that way.....try playing against my updated V3 terry on level 8 and maybe pick pots ryu to use for a challenge and watch what happens^^

Send those characters by mediafire or sendspace in my inbox. im curious to observe them....

Updates:

-Entire human command trigger set revised with more restriction to chain moves. before i had it mistakenly too loose where you can cancel into another move on the fly without contact and just on animation frames. most if not all moves were like that. now i changed that the best way i could (still under observation)

-Wolf speed blur revised again but this time by me. Sky79 revamped the first 3 sprites of that i did and now i did the rest since i learned how to index blurred effects without color loss. so the blur of terry when he super dashes now looks clean all the way around.

-Geyser Quake super revised in how the hit effects the enemy. i went back to the old idea i went with before and just made it work properly this time. It has a Duel Hit feature

Now  when the enemy is up fairly close they cab get knocked off their feet off the ground a bit. I was going to do a C viper hit but i didnt think most would like that deal.

B1_zps80ad2f5f.png

when hes about half a screen across or further enemy can gets stunned and staggered down to the ground from the quake as before

B2_zps28ca915d.png

damage effects of hit?:

-upclose the hit deals more damage than far away. damage raised to a decent level again. its a level 3 super but before it hardly packed a punch after i nerfed it..

link updated. 

Super Geyser Quake

-had to re adjust the hit boxes and animation time of quake punch animation better. The move now hits the enemy in corners to pop them up a bit. close to mid center screen and far end the aftershock quake can stun the enemy

-enemy can avoid both effects of shock hits if they are almost in the center of the screen a few frames away from him. Caution. the aftershock reacts in a slick delay so timing is key if you are fighting against him.

-The non hit time of that super while terry punches the ground in has been reduced by 20 ticks. giving the enemy enough time to jump over and possibly hit him out of the move.

-One of the hit defs of that move has been removed also....

Update

wolf speed revised again:

-I felt it could be better looking so i did it over one more time. Some of the new blur sprites were deleted. Didnt need all of them actually. so when you super dash now its a lot cooler to see and hear. I also removed another sound effect also entirely. it sounds more like Krauser fast speed in the movie when he appeared behind terry by surprised^^

-After images removed off dashing effect and no more bright blue Pal FX color 

-Hit boxes added to all the sprites of that move now but not the last single sprite animation that ends and tricks out the start of it which is a helper state i used. Move resembles what Vyn did to his ken more so now when you see it in action

Geyser Quake fixed again:

-Didnt realize the upward velocity of the first hit was so great that it sends enemies off the screen crazy high if they fell down into that blast. so i Reduced the height majorly much lower.

Dead end napalm fixed back to normal:

-While fixing the Geyser Quake i screwed up the final hit animation hit boxes of that move. forgot they both shared the same begin state animation so i made a new one and fixed that move back to normal....

Super Burning tackle (side ways rising tackle) fixed:

-Tackle hits and gravity coded over so that the hits of the move doesnt pass through enemies poorly so that
all hits connect each time until the move is over...

Well thats it for a hot while.....post feedback on any major bugs you saw and ill see if i can do something about it. 

Preview of fixes done to terry as of late (not uploaded yet since im working on something first)

-NEW small select screen icon. adjusted properly also
-EX power tackle double collision hit bug fixed
-Medium. heavy and EX rising tackle have a bit more reach
-Normal attacks have more hit pause. weak punches have less hit pause than before
-Shattering senpuuken upward ending kick recoded to hit better
-super burning tackle adjusted with better land ending
-AI fixes. Ex rising tackle reacts more than before. super dash happens more. heavy punch timing is different now
-First hit of raging wolf a bit more bite in chip damage when being blocked
-corner push added in state 3
-Human command recoded once more with proper state type A for all air related movements and attacks
-All air related attacks and movements has state type A added in. read over and old POTS document of does and donts to get that done

Site Link now updated!

Update fixes for 2/1/14:

-New custom color palettes for certain projectiles & FX
-4 new PAL acts added in. Thanks to ZombieBrock
-NEW re done small select screen icon. 
-some low res FX replaced with HI Res ones (like his power wave fist fx)
-More FX removed entirely
-landing animations of special moves updated with FX
-EX power tackle double collision hit bug fixed
-Medium. heavy and EX rising tackle have a bit more reach
-Normal attacks have more hit pause but weak punches have less hit pause than before
-Shattering senpuuken upward ending kick re coded to hit better
-super burning tackle adjusted with better ending land
-More AI fixes
-First hit of raging wolf has a bit more bite in chip damage when enemy blocks
-corner push added in state 3
-Human command re coded once more with proper state type A for all air related movements and attacks
-some hit boxes re done on basic movements
-some super jump attributes changed
-Numhelper added in properly to his Human Command & AI so that EX wave and all other power waves can not spam projectiles back to back poorly across the screen. Meaning there wont be anymore moments where you can see two power waves on the screen before one of them hits the enemy.

-Maximum burn knuckle multiple hits recoded to be much smoother with FX. one flare FX of that move entirely removed from sprite set also
-Power level needed to do ALL EX moves have been increased by 400
-Certain Super cancel FX triggers updated to trigger with the rest of moves that chain together. i missed a couple
-Geyser Quake FX slightly updated
-Weak and medium power dunk now have a 3 hit factor to them. hit boxes also slightly re adjusted

Things im already aware of:

-AI standing parry bug im aware of that happens once in a blue. he may cancel out of a special mid way just to parry a enemy frantic attack. thats not a good thing and it isnt intentional. some bugs are elusive to me and tricky to fix so it will be there until i figure out how to fix it without breaking any other codes in his AI. its a rare bug and you really have to be paying attention to that issue and looking for it.

-For those palette pros out there yes im aware that the EX shatter wave should have a shared color too or maybe even some other super blast FX and burn FX.BUT im still getting used to how that stuff works. For some reason i couldnt get all the FX i wanted to share colors properly. I even wanted to do that with his charge up FX too^^ Its a tricky deal for me at times so i left it alone after a certain point for that reason. 

There maybe more to update and tweak but eh nothing major to broadcast at forums anymore. Im more interested in finishing the patches for 1.0 and My Violent Ryo project now. 

thanks for the feedback folks