Asura Buster - King

Werewood

AB King

Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

A fix update here:

update_notes_2013-05-18:
- AB King is not following the stage movement so intensively
- the "Castle of Baskervilles - Throne Room" stage now is wider to allow player's movement like in the arcade
- the Meteorite Fall Russia move now can turn, facing the player

Posted Image

video preview:  http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm20894556

please download Boring_AB_King_2013-05-18_updated.zip from my SkyDrive again.

** remember to overwrite all files including the included AB King MUGEN stage abu-palace.def!!!!!!!!!!! **

MUGEN Characters 1000 Series: AB King by Borewood
AB King is from Asura Buster (Arcade, emulated by MAME)
Posted Image
Can both Yashaoh and Rosemary defeat AB King in MUGEN?.........

Download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Warning:
- There is no such thing as "source accuracy" in all my MUGEN characters, because I don't have the skill.
- There is only one default palette for all my MUGEN characters, because I am color-blind and don't know how to do palettes.
- There is no other purpose in all my MUGEN characters than filling some MUGEN database empty slots, for the sake of MUGEN hard-core collectors who accept both good-quality and inaccurate/half-assed/plain/boring MUGEN characters which have not yet been converted to MUGEN or that have fewer MUGEN verions.

Disclaimer
- All my new MUGEN characters are for MUGEN 1.0 only.
- All my new MUGEN characters have A.I.
- All my new MUGEN characters are open-sourced.

This character sucks! and its boring! :troll:

But honestly.Its definitely very nicely done.

I wish I knew how to do what you do with this character. I don't know how to make "giant bosses" like this. or anyboss for that matter.

I liked everything, my only issue I have is that the hands take a bit to long to come back into place.

could you make the hands return sooner?

also, the hands don't come back from the top, the appear out of midair.

This character sucks! and its boring! :troll:

But honestly.Its definitely very nicely done.

I wish I knew how to do what you do with this character. I don't know how to make "giant bosses" like this. or anyboss for that matter.

I liked everything, my only issue I have is that the hands take a bit to long to come back into place.

could you make the hands return sooner?

also, the hands don't come back from the top, the appear out of midair.

Ryon thanks for your quick comment!  This AB King is harder to code than my old Splatterhouse I final boss Hell Chaos, and this time I totally leave everything to Helpers. >> could you make the hands return sooner? The speed depends on the Helper pos = +/-95, (time*2)-160 but I remember that was the fastest I could get..........I will see what else I can do.......

>> also, the hands don't come back from the top, the appear out of midair. Oh you have a pair of sharp eyes!  I didn't notice that myself.  Again, it may have something to do with Helper pos = +/-95, (time*2)-160.........let me try to fix......thanks again!

>>

Sorry but this of your YouTube videos is set to private only..............and I do not use YouTube account(s) anymore.......

sorry I upload private thru camtasia, I forgot to make it public.

check it out now.

EDIT:

Also I think instead of Bgpalfx you should use AllPalFx. this will turn EVERYTHING white.

sorry I upload private thru camtasia, I forgot to make it public.

check it out now.

EDIT:

Also I think instead of Bgpalfx you should use AllPalFx. this will turn EVERYTHING white.

Ryon, thank you for making review YouTube!

I just managed to fix two things you mentioned: 1. hands returning speed 2. hands returning top position

Please, again, download Boring_AB_King_2013-04-20_updated.zip from my SkyDrive

Ryon, about your "individual hands and face cannot take consecutive hits" issue, that is by my intention:  opponents may not make combos on individual hand parts and face part (1st hit then wait 100 game ticks for next hit).........because I don't want AB King to be quickly wasted by some "proton cannon" kind of super moves: type = ChangeState trigger1 = time > 100

You may change the 100 to 10 (10 is the minimum allowed since the get-hit face expression animation lasts for 10 game ticks) for giving opponents a much greater chance of making combos on individual hand parts and face part, but for my release, I just leave it to the original 100.

About your AllPalFx suggestion, I think it is not what the source game uses, even though I am not aiming for source accuracy:

* please start watching at 8:25

Thanks for removing one of my wips from my list, this was in my list since forever but I never had time for that :)

Oh sorry O Ilusionista I didn't know it is one of your WIPs!  I also want to try your version!

By the way, I fixed some issues mentioned by Ryon, please, again, download Boring_AB_King_2013-04-20_updated.zip from my SkyDrive thank you!

Holy cow. I didnt relize how almost accurate this thing is!

GREAT JOB!!

also. that video lag is intense.

but I think thats even more reason to use the allpalfx code.

@Ryon:

>> but I think thats even more reason to use the allpalfx code.
Let me see what it will looks like in my MUGEN1.0...............

@Gladiacloud:
>> I would really like to you to do the remaining not mugenized three characters from Golden axe the duel (Doc, Panchos and Green).

That would be a tough task..........I have a loooooooooooooooooong list of WIPs now........ :extremeanger:

@Cruz-Ko Excahm:
>> I hope this works good at the odd resolution i use.

Hope so.  I use localcoord = 320,240 all the way........

• 3 weeks later...

Dunno if it´s just me, but I have really a hard time beating your "King"... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the stage is very narrow. Even the source game stage is wider.

Yeah, I know...

Warning:

- There is no such thing as "source accuracy" in all my MUGEN characters, because I don't have the skill.

@AkiraHiiragi: >> I like the fact that you create characters that nobody has ever made.

Thank you very much!  I am so touched!  This is what I want to hear in all those/these MUGEN years!

@Staubhold: >>Even the source game stage is wider.

You may change the stage width in abu-palace.def (AB King stage by KFM).

@Toshio:

>> I wonder if you can make final Sigma form from Megaman X IOS with that method?

Wow, a big badass similar style boss from Megaman X?

@AkiraHiiragi: >> I like the fact that you create characters that nobody has ever made.

Thank you very much!  I am so touched!  This is what I want to hear in all those/these MUGEN years!

@Staubhold: >>Even the source game stage is wider.

You may change the stage width in abu-palace.def (AB King stage by KFM).

@Toshio:

>> I wonder if you can make final Sigma form from Megaman X IOS with that method?

Wow, a big badass similar style boss from Megaman X?

Yep, it's the FINAL BOSS.

Final bosses are your goal, right?

Btw, I never thought the final boss of Asura Buster would be something like that.