SDK Mukurou

Werewood

SDK Mukurou

Exclusively announced in MUGEN FREE FOR ALL, my new MUGEN home

MUGEN Characters 1500 Series: SDK Mukurou by Borewood
SDK Mukurou is from Samurai Deeper Kyo (PSX)

Posted Image

Kyo Oni finally meets his old fearsome body in MUGEN.........

SDK Mukurou small update 2013-04-13
- walk movement re-aligned......

Download:  https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E

Warning:

- There is no such thing as "source accuracy" in all my MUGEN characters, because I don't have the skill.
- There is only one default palette for all my MUGEN characters, because I am color-blind and don't know how to do palettes.
- There is no other purpose in all my MUGEN characters than filling some MUGEN database empty slots, for the sake of MUGEN hard-core collectors who accept both good-quality and inaccurate/half-assed/plain/boring MUGEN characters which have not yet been converted to MUGEN or that have fewer MUGEN verions.

Disclaimer

- All my new MUGEN characters are for MUGEN 1.0 only.
- All my new MUGEN characters have A.I.
- All my new MUGEN characters are open-sourced.

well this is a interesting character! i ran thru the SFF, its interesting to see what you had to work with. You did a good job!

I wish you could make more of these characters.

and now feedback time

walk is misalligned

you should add a code for the projectile to explode when it hits the ground going through the ground looks silly

why do buttons  do the same thing if hes going to be a 3 button char or something just make him one.

I have played the actual game this guy is from does he really have this limited a spriteset?

He feels unfinished to me like he needs more moves than he has.

@Ludger Will Kresnik:
>> I still wish someone ripped the sprites.
I use Agemo's PSX VRAM viewer to rip Mukurou sprites.
Actually anybody can use that to rip SDK character sprites.

@Spiderman/Ryon:
>> I wish you could make more of these characters.
I plan to make Shina Yuya too because she is the main female lead:
Posted Image   Posted Image

@Laharl:
>> walk is misalligned
Ok, I will try to fix this.
>> should add a code for the projectile to explode when it hits the ground going through the ground looks silly
In the source game, the projectile does end like that.......
>> why do buttons  do the same thing if hes going to be a 3 button char or something just make him one.
The button layout I used is according to GameFAQs and the Advanced control mode of the source game.
GameFAQs hyperlink:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/563131-samurai-deeper-kyo/faqs/31304
>> I have played the actual game this guy is from does he really have this limited a spriteset?
You have played as Mukurou or only fighted against him?  Either way those are all moves I could find.....
* PSX Unlockables code:  Play as Mukuro - Complete story mode with Kyoshiro Mibu
>> He feels unfinished to me like he needs more moves than he has
I played as him in the VS mode after unlocking him and these are all the moves he has........
YouTube reference of the real PSX game: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lji9kUG4CuE&t=5m56s
Mukuro appears at 5m56s

huh he seems more limited than the others odd.

you reminded me the things i hated about this game so you are going for sort of source accuracy then? didn't expect that lol.

I thought he seemed limited compared to like kyo look at all his moves or yukimura.

seeing that video you proved me wrong good job he really didn't have alot to work with I see. Maybe next time pick a char with more to use? i'd love that spider girl to be made i keep forgetting her name.

@Laharl: >> so you are going for sort of source accuracy then? didn't expect that lol. Well, in terms of source accuracy, button layout and some basic physics and number of moves are the closest things I can do.  All Clsn boxes, frames, timing, speed, FXs, sounds/voices, movements, damages, air juggles, hit/slide times, custom states,...etc... are off and out of my capability, hence I declare that my MUGEN characters are never source accurate. Which parts of my Mukuro do you want me to customize just for you? @Ludger Will Kresnik: Like in my previous post, I use Agemo's PSX VRAM viewer to rip Mukurou sprites. So you can use that to rip Mahiro sprites too.  It is not that hard.

honestly i don't have alot to say as far as that goes werewood you stuck to source pretty well actually I still feel he seems limited but thats not your fault. Good job I look forward to your next char.

honestly i don't have alot to say as far as that goes werewood you stuck to source pretty well actually I still feel he seems limited but thats not your fault. Good job I look forward to your next char.

But my mugenized version's accuracy is still light-years far from the source.  Anyway, I don't aim for source accuracy when mugenizing :p

Oh goodie!

Cool~ :goodmood:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the brief bump, but I must say, the announcement that you might do Yuya is a real postive to hear. About time she stepped out from simply being Kyo's mugen assist character.

I think I will start working on Ms. Yuya after I am done with Kagekiyo (from Genpegenpei 2DFM2nd).