GohanSSM2

http://gohanssm.netne.net/mugen.html

http://gohanssm.netne.net/chars.html

Move List:

Normal moves:
-------------
Punch   - a
Kick - b
Power Up - c  (remember, he's only human)
Fireball Block - x  (with a Baseball Bat no less)
Energy Shield   - y  (remember, he's only human)
Fly   - z  (with help from Baby Gamorrah of course)
Grenade   - ~F,B,a

Special Moves:
--------------
Close Punch - x+y
Diving Jabs - B,F,y
Rolling Attack   - ~D,DB,B,y
Forward Charge   - ~F,DF,D,b
Dynamite Kick - ~B,DB,D,b
Hero Dance   - ~D,DF,F,x

Super Moves:
------------
RPEG (Rocket Propelled Energy Grenade) - ~D,DF,F,a
Massive Missile   - ~F,DF,D,a
Mutually Assured Destruction - ~D,DB,B,a, can not be done while flying
Champion Dance - ~D,DF,F,y

Screenshot on the page listed above.

It may be a browser setting but more likely your security setting on your web browser is probably set too high.  For some odd reason, someone set netne.net as some kind of 'spam site' a while back and this caused problems.  Up until recently (last 3 to 4 months) I couldn't post anything with a netne.net site name on Facebook at all.  I'm not sure what happened to cause all this, but I can say that I have never had a virus, or been spammed or any such stuff in my 2 year history now with netne.net - no idea what caused this but it seems to be slowly but surely getting cleared up now.

Kind of odd too because I was with Fortunecity for 10 years and they had adds on the sites and all sorts of stuff but that was fine.  No adds or nothing on netne.net and they try to get it blocked.  Never made much sense to me.

Thanks ZBrock.  Much appreciated.  And thanks too Excahm.

Oh yeah, another part.  He's kinda fun and funny because he was designed to be 'human' in a world full of aliens shooting 'ki blasts' and all that kind of stuff, so Hercule is designed to kinda 'cheat' with all these human-like things to combat against all these alienisms.  Like in the DBZ show, "It's a trick!!!".  Hercule was a lot of fun to make really and a kind of break from all the other characters in the PSX UB22/UB27 game.

Thanks again, I found a link problem on the download page where the link was trying to send you to your hard drive instead of the web page to download the file.  Much thanks again ZBrock and Excahm.

Wow. No offense Gohan but from what i've played with your work in the past, compared to Hercule you've done better things in the past. I mean you are one of my mugen heroes. I looked up to you when I started coding. But seeing Hercule like this, the Grenade appearing before there suppose to. the square motion nuke, with instant kill. im a tad bit disappointed, I expected a great version of hercule. Im hoping your just rusty after all these years. Im still your fan.

Yeah, a bit rusty, but not as much as I was hoping for to work with on Hercule.  Just enough though.  Goten is pretty much a standard type character, Hercule has some different style due to the 'human' bit.  I did figure out the sprite problem and it was because before I ripped with a regular monitor and now going over to a widescreen I had to adjust the view a bit in the settings for the ePSXe emulator.  So will be an update down the road and probably a readjustment on the clsn boxes as well on Hercule.

How I figured it out finally is I went back to Goten and loaded in some stuff and it was bloated as well.  So I readjusted some settings and now the sprite size seems to be back to normal.

Oops, and Ry, I usually release then figure out other stuff then update whatever afterwards.  Kinda why my site now has almost all the old releases I did plus all the updates and such.  I was never the one that worked miracles overnight.  It was the morning after when the miracles came about so to speak.  I'm still more fond of Young Goku as a release yet.  But I know down the road that Ginyu from UB22/27 will be a wild one.  Bound to be more surprises down the road as well.

Thanks Ry, but as you know we've all had our moments and setbacks and such.  Thanks for the offers and such, but I've always been a 'do-it-yerselfer' and always will be I guess.

I've been noticing that the Sega version (Shin Butouden) had more moves and such.  That may be another option for me down the road as well.  Would love to be able to do a Fat Buu Candy Munch and such in UB22/27/Shin Butouden fashion.  Lotsa chars in the series and with my work schedule cuttin' in all the time, gonna take a while for sure on this, roughly ten years now and counting already.  I'm not really in that much of a hurry, but with Hercule I know I rushed him out a bit early.  Just wanted to see If I could still do it while I'm young (lol) and foolish.

But like with the Sega Genesis and SNES Super Butouden 1 stuff, I wanna work it through like I've always done.  One piece at a time.  Fill in some gaps, another piece, more gaps, and so on.  A good part of the Hercule mess is that I'm relearning how I used to 'speed rip' my sprites way back when using Paint Shop Pro and the color replacer and such.  It took me about a month of ripping and cleaning for the first release of Hercule, and in about 6 hours today I ripped most of the basics for Hercule plus a couple moves for Goten plus rearranged some of Goten's sounds and such.  But I was also at work from 5am to about 1am yesterday and today,

speed rip you say? there are some people now who have faster ways of ripping, I wish i knew how to use the fancy new ways honestly. But I still use your same old fashion way.

Yup, speed rip.  I rip multiple moves/sprites and then I use Paint Shop Pro's Color Replacer to blot out the BG and redo the outlines and such, then palettize, then any little tweaks, then resize 45%, then load 'em in the sff.  I'm able to do this if I use the 'room of spirit and time' stage which I usually get when I play against Gotenks.  The gray bg color helps a lot because it's a solid color.  I had 446 rips from ePSXe and then got all the punches/kicks and such for the normal moves out of the 446 rips.  They look a hella lot better now that I figured out the emulator video mode problem I had.  Hercule looks the right size and proportions now finally.  Still ain't had much time to work on it though.  Only had about 5 hours in the last 2 days, but makin' progress nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Ry, spring break and I work at an airport.  But I do fill in the outline on the sprites.  The original game had the outline that blended in with the background.  Gray background / gray outline. green background, green outline, etc.  Anyway, I recolor the outline to near black (8,8,8) to kinda help define the sprite.

Hercule is sized the same as in the game now compared to my Dabura, Fat Buu, Young Goku, Android 18, Goten, Tien.  I use the 45% scaling value to give a little extra room for the dual level fly coding.  At 50% the sprites for Dabura and a few others become a bit too large height-wise for dual level flying.  Kinda hard to fly around when your feet are knocking the opponent in the head.

Original sprites are actually double pixeled (2x actual size). The original game has a zoom during flying modes. MUGEN doesn't support the zooming yet. Anyway, the sprite size between the different characters of UB22/27 is too big for certain characters (Dabura, Tien, Recoome, Android 16, etc.) Was the same problem that CHOUJIN and such ran into with the arcade games. If they had used 'flying' in their characters they would have had to reduce the sprite size to accomodate the lack of stage size. And to that effect, The CHOUJIN / Franciynaldo & miaoyu type arcade characters are a bit too oversized gameplay-wise for the size of the stages they are using. Results in 'cramped' or close quarters gameplay with no elbow room to work with.