Rurouni Kenshin Soul And Sword Full Game

Aoshi24

• 1 month later...

It's going to be a good year for Rurouni Kenshin fans.  I've decided to do a public release of the beta game in August.. same time as the Rurouni Kenshin Live Action movie sequel premiere.  Stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, here is an updated look at the Lifebars.. thanks to EXELord from IMT for this one.  It's a fusion of Last Blade and Rurouni Kenshin Enjou Kyoto Rinne from PS2. Let me know what you all think. Thanks again for all your support!

8q7LLwB.png

SICvVti.png

At the moment, there is no plan to change his stance. I think the current shen stance matches his fighting style. Custom spriting is time consuming and we are already pretty busy with updating Shishio sprites and creating other characters.  If anyone can come up with a custom stance, I would be happy to update.  Sorry.

Here is another video showcasing the capabilities of the Kenki system in combos. This also shows Okita Souji's progress (95% done) which will be released sometime next week. All I need to do now is add slash effects and AI!

http://youtu.be/J1RAwp8k7RU

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a preview of Shinsengumi Saito's victory clip.  Shinsengumi Saito will be a full-game exclusive character and will not be available as a separate download for MUGEN.  The shinsengumi version will not have the gatotsu zeroshiki but he will have more hyper moves, different basic attacks, and more grappling options. A gameplay preview video coming soon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQW5wN0j7c

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a preview of the beta version of Shinsengumi Saito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEXU4urMBCc

As you can see the sprites need a little bit of editing. Also, this version will have some different specials/hypers from the police officer version.
Here is the movelist at the moment:

=======================================================================
Special Attacks

Hakuroujin               a+x 
body slam                b+y (close)
air body slam           b+y (close on the air)
Hiratsuki                  c+z 
Gatotsu takedown Charge B,F, a/b/c
Gatotsu ishiki low      Charge B,F, x
Gatotsu ishiki middle   Charge B,F, y
Gatotsu ishiki high     Charge B,F, z
Gatotsu nishiki         D,DF,F x/y/z (on the air)
Gatotsu sanshiki        Charge D,U, x/y/z          
Gatotsu air takedown    Charge D,U, a/b/c          

======================================================================
Desperation Attacks 

*Gatotsu Nishiki +       D,DF,F, x+y (on the air)
*Gatotsu Sanshiki +      D,DB,B, x+y
**Sai Gatotsu low   D,DF,F, a+b
**Sai Gatotsu mid   D,DF,F, a+c
**Sai Gatotsu high   D,DF,F, b+c
**Honki No Gatotsu       D,DB,B, a+b (while guarding)
*    need Power Level 1 or more
**   need Power Level 2 or more

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a playthrough with the beta version of Shinsengumi Saito. You'll notice an improvement in the image quality of the screenpack thanks to RGB support of 1.1. It also shows his new desperation move, the True Gatotsu, which replaces Gatotsu zeroshiki.

Thanks and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j82DJCumM4

• 2 weeks later...
Here are 2 comparison screenshots of Warner's Shishio sprites vs DanMT's edits.  At the moment, I am coding the moves with Warner's sprites but it will eventually be replaced with DanMT's edits whenever he is finished.  Progress video coming soon...

Thanks to both for making this possible!

SRAybkB.png

DmR7TjA.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the P2 sprites will be the final version. I'm personally excited to code Shishio since I have a lot of creative ideas for him.

Here is the tentative movelist at the moment:

Special Attacks

Counter slash                    a+x  (repel type)
Let me feast!                     b+y  (close grab)
Strongest fist                    c+z   
Observe                           D,D, s (requires at least 50% kenki; if opponent performs a special attack during this move, 
                                                  Shishio can automatically counter the observed special through the remainder of the 
                                                  round even during recovery states; can only observe one special at a time)
Homura Dama                  D,DF,F x/y/z (can be charged; when fully charged it becomes unblockable)
Diving Homura Dama        D,DF,F x/y/z (on the air)
Rising Homura Dama        F,D,DF x/y/z 
Jigoku No Honoo             D,DB,B x/y/z (can also be done on air; ground projectile type)

Hyper Attacks 

*Homura Dama +        D,DF,F, x+y (can be charged; when fully charged it becomes unblockable)
**Guren Kaina             D,DF,F, a+b (close; grab type move)
***Kaguzuchi               D,DB,B, x+y+z
Limit Break                  For players & AI level 5 or below: Die with max power and max kenki (Final round only) 
                                  For AI level 6+:  Automatic (Final round only)
*     need Power Level 1 or more
**    need Power Level 2 or more
***   need Power Level 3 or more and less than 20% health

Special Gameplay Notes
- Shishio automatically loses if there is a time over in the final round. A reference to his spontaneous combustion.

Mugenjin notes:
- His sword, the Mugenjin, can power up throughout the fight simply by dealing sword damage to the opponent.  
- This will affect his damage dampener, increase chip damage, and increase his overall damage output.  
- The sword's "power level" resets when a hyper move is used.

Limit Break notes:
- When activated, his health will refill to max and he will have infinite power and kenki level.
- However, his health will rapidly decrease over time until he is defeated or the match is over.
- In this mode, Shishio will have a very high defense (maybe armor??) and he can deal increased damage, higher chip damage, and no damage dampener.

• 3 weeks later...
Great news to all Jinei fans!  A fan by the name of Karasu Arejandro wanted to contribute to the project and so now I found a great spriter for Jinei.  Here is a sample.

lWIkUCm.jpg

At the moment, he is working on basic sprites like idle, movement, and get-hits.  There is no time line as of now since I am still busy with Shinsen Saito and Shishio.  Although, there is a chance that I will work on Jinei before Misao in the future. Let me know what you think. Thanks!