Reimu (Hopeless Masquerade) 80% Beta

Ryon

I'll test

-I forget which but shes missing a required sprite(you prob know) Needs a Get-Up Anim

-When she flies up offscreen then comes back down she moves further down than she should

Posted Image

How it is normally

Posted Image

-Down+X needs pushback,i can spam it in the corner

Posted Image

That New WIP Super can be performed with 0 Power

Posted Image

Copypasta from Guild:

- Stopping any movement will cause her to keep moving in that direction (albeit very slowly) - Light attack does +6 frame advantage on hit but -9 on block? - She still have Kung Fu Man's sounds - CLSNs on flying up & down animations need serious overhaul - Where exactly did you get your frame data from? I've noticed the following (startup, active,recovery): - Light attack: 8,3,12 / Adv hit: +5 Adv Block: -9 - Medium attack: 8,6,25 / Adv hit: -10 Adv Block: -25 - Heavy attack: 9,12,15 / Adv hit: -6 Adv Block: -21 - Fwd + Light: 14,6,19 /  -4 on hit, -19 on block - Fwd + Medium: 12,6,21  / -6 on hit, -21 on block - Fwd + Heavy: 12,9,12 / +0 on hit, -15 on block It seems odd for her heavy attacks to be safer than her Medium attack. I doubt it's like this in source? - X projectile (at close range): +2 on hit, -21 on block. - Y projectile (at point blank): +16 on hit, -17 on block. - Z projectile (at point blank): +1 on hit, -22 on block. - Due to the way you implemented her spirit meter and super bar, you can just fly in the corner and spam Fantasy Seal - All of her normals can OTG - guard.pausetime = 0,0  ;<-- why is this in every hitdef? - None of her attacks have their recovery frames flagged so counterhits can function properly. - Shes completely immune to throws, even when on the ground - She disappears during her get up animation - Every ground normal performed on Reimu uses its aerial properties even while close to ground. - Friction is wonky, it causes Reimu to get knocked back half a screen even by jabs. - She is completely immune to low attacks while on ground - On the ground, the Y velocity of hitdefs are ignored.

I'll fix the minor things when I get home, as the major things will require more time. = Crawling Movement, Yes I know. = I dont understand how you get your + - info, please tell me. = Yes. = Will Do. = Frame data, from my head and practically playing the game, Majority of it, is obviously wrong, but In my head it looks close to the actual game. (visually) All of her projectiles are coded for ABC, So im assuming you mean ABC. But If you play the game, almost all magic attacks feel like your halted while your doing it. I've been hit many times while doing magic, with my opponents magic. = Yes, I forget to Limit, But the move isnt coded properly, Its strictly in there so I can get the basics of it down. = OTG? Off The Ground? what??? = Will fix. (guard.time) = Please elaborate on how to go about doing this. = Shes completely immune to throws because her common1.cns isnt finished yet. As i've said in her WIP topic. I gotta re-code her common1. = Yeah its not there. = Yes Cause shes technically in the air. I didnt code her air to be stand, if shes technically not standing. = Friction? THIS IS SPARTA!... But really again the Common1 thing. = Common1 issue = Common1 issue

A suggestion to balance her out against common fighters characters is to have her slowly sink back to the ground and the longer you stay aloft, the faster you begin to sink, to avoid abusing her flying abilities. Otherwise, same issues as above.

Not a bad idea.

Now that I've played with her a bit, there's one glitch I don't think anybody else pointed out: when she blocks, she will keep blocking until you hit her and she doesn't block. You can't move her or make her attack until she gets hit after blocking. Once, I had her fire a bullet at another Reimu that the first Reimu would block; Mugen froze. Please fix these.

Anyway, nice work! I'd also suggest making her projectiles grazeable (dashing through them won't get you hit). It will make fights SO MUCH fairer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

She really is very nice, even in her current state. Seems like it would only require a bit more adjusting to get her to completion, but I know next to nothing about programing a character. Anyway I really hope to see her at 100% soon since she really is a great character. Good job Ryon.