[Gen6][3DS] Pokemon X & Y

Bjay

Can Amaura learn surf?

Nah it can't, its just Ice and Rock. I'm actually surprised it can't learn surf. :/ It has a cool ability, it makes normal moves ice so if you use Hyper Beam on a garchomp you can OHKO it, cuz Hyper Beam is now ice type.

My current Team as of now.

Here is my current team.

- LV.81, Aurorus

- LV.56, Yveltal (Just caught it today, and it also appears mine is a sweeper, cool.)

- LV.79, Greninja

- LV.77, Aegislash

- LV.75, Diggersby

- LV.80, Malamar

Just wanna tell you guys again my trainers a girl, and her name is Robin. Just in case some of you freak out. when you added me. XD

We now have a Mega Abomasnow. No ability or type change. It appears to get 60-80 stat increase in everything except Hp Which remains the same, and Speed which decreases.

(Side Note) On the topic of Mega Evolutions. What I was hoping they would do is... MAKE MEGA ARCEUS ALREADY!!! If they would pay attention to the Pokedex Entry they made for it (And I quote Diamond) "It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms." Granted it would be overpowered but still... It's right there.

We now have a Mega Abomasnow. No ability or type change. It appears to get 60-80 stat increase in everything except Hp Which remains the same, and Speed which decreases.   MAKE MEGA ARCEUS ALREADY!!!

Lower speed... I'll never get what is so important about speed. If a Pokemon can dish it out and take it, why would you use a speedy wuss instead? ...What is its ability, though. No, just no.

That depends on how you look at things, allow me to throw this scenario out. You battling an opponent, you are both level 100, but you both are also 1 hit away from losing and neither of you have priority moves. You have a Charizard on the Battlefield, and your opponent has a Ninjask. You know that the Ninjask is faster and will get the first attack. So who loses in this scenario? That is just one of many scenarios where Speed is a big factor.

That depends on how you look at things, allow me to throw this scenario out. You battling an opponent, you are both level 100, but you both are also 1 hit away from losing and neither of you have priority moves. You have a Charizard on the Battlefield, and your opponent has a Ninjask. You know that the Ninjask is faster and will get the first attack. So who loses in this scenario? That is just one of many scenarios where Speed is a big factor.

That's completely missing the point, though. Plus, if Charizard has a high-priority attack, it could still win. I've always kind of wondered why Pokemon tends to have this rule: Cool Pokemon will usually suck battle wise, while ugly or boring Pokemon will generally be powerful. Honestly, I've noticed ALL Pokemonesque games tend to have this rule.

I did mention no high priority moves right?

And for the record Attack and Defense are not everything. I once battled my brother with an Attack Deoxys, and he used a Defense one, same level, Same nature, Same everything but stats and forms. I won, only because I was faster because of my form.

The reason for that is (This is just my guess) there are people who use speedy pokemon as stat builders. They will have pokemon with moves like "Swords Dance", "Acid Armor" Etc. and 1 or 2 Mega powerful pokemon to act as a Sweeper. The speed pokemon come out first, raise the stats needed for the tank to work, use Baton Pass, and then switch to the next stat builder. They continue this process with the stat builders until they're ready to bring out the tank. That is more than likely why the speedy pokemon are OU. The Speed pokemon raise Speed, Attack, Defense, ETC for the tank, and it's all downhill for the opponent from there.

Defensive Pokémon tend not to have much attack. Foretress is a good example. Though from what I know, having a higher Attack/Sp. Atk stat seems better than a higher Defense/Sp. Defense stat, purely because attack stats reach higher values than defensive ones. Seriously, Gabite used Dragon Claw on my Chesnaught, and it still did a lot of damage.   Those that have high power and durability only usually excel at physical or special, not both. Gigalith and Chesnaught are good examples. They're both physical tanks, but deal 'em a special attack, and they're gonna take a heavy hit.   I'm not including legendaries here, because I never use them when battling other people.   Also...

I've always kind of wondered why Pokemon tends to have this rule: Cool Pokemon will usually suck battle wise, while ugly or boring Pokemon will generally be powerful. Honestly, I've noticed ALL Pokemonesque games tend to have this rule.

That's a matter of opinion. The only sub/pseudo-legendary that doesn't look "cool" in my opinion is Goodra, and all the sub/pseudo-legendaries have 600 BST, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Gigalith is cool and powerful.

Chesnaught is cool and powerful.

Gallade is cool and powerful.

Rotom is cool and powerful (in its formes, at least).

Swampert is cool and powerful.

Empoleon is cool and powerful.

Aggron is cool and powerful.

Flygon is cool and powerful.

Haxorus is cool and powerful.

Reuniclus is cool and powerful.

Avalugg is cool and powerful.

Not much of a rule, eh?

How many of those are or are gonna be OU? A lot of my favorite Pokemon are overshadowed by creatures like Infernape, Scizor, Garchomp, Foretress, Ferrothorn, Blissey, Starmie, Cloyster, Politoed, Ninetails... Almost the entire tier looks pretty raunchy to me, honestly. The only cool ones to me are Venusaur (Who's ONLY useable if you use Ninetails, so barely counts), Gengar, Mamoswine, Excadrill, Dragonite, and maybe a few others. Mamoswine and Excadrill might get downgraded this gen, though. And both Venusaur's and Gengar's mega forms are pretty disappointing to me. (TBH, I'm not sure I like any of the Mega forms besides Mega Aggron. They just make a lot of cool Pokemon look uncool, and a lot of uncool Pokemon look... slightly more cool, but still not cool. Mega Blastoise and Mega Mewtwo X are okay, though. Mega Heracross might grow on me too.)