Characters with OHKOs?

Bjay

Hey all, was wondering what your opinion is on characters with one-hit KOs? Be it in actual fighting games or just Mugen. Some characters have simple conditions to be met, while others have difficult conditions that must be met before the move can be performed. Regardless, dying in one hit is dying in one hit. This is more directed at the more 'balanced' characters as opposed to the boss/god/blah characters etc, but feel free to discuss on those characters as well if you wish~ For me, I personally think that OHKOs provided that there are set conditions, be it situational or not, possibly with some form of drawback. Simply having full meter as the condition is too simple. The only example I can think of at the moment is 1%'s Grappler Shiki: Blood Heat activated, Full Moon must be fully lit (which isn't easy). The drawback is that the move comes out slow, so it should be combo'd into, and the move is blockable.

the sengoku basara characters i have, their basara ko attack is one hit ko. its just.. i don't know the requirements to do it... even though i know how to... they start glowing gold.... and then... they use some attack with japanese music in the background overiding the current music

I really hate it when characters constantly use instant-killers. The list of characters with instant-killers goes on and on... My Kirby even has one, but I implemented that, because that's how it was in Kirby Mass Attack and to be a cheap-buster move. My list: Ronald McDonald, Chuck Norris, Creeper, Finn, Dancing Banana, Kirby, Princess Bubblegum, Mordecai, Rigby, Spongebob, Kitty Katswell, Dudley Puppy, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Nightmare Broly SSJ3, Dink Smallwood, Weegee, Giygas, Heather, Link, Gumball, Umbreon, Missingno., Geno, Zeeky H. Bomb, Annoying Orange, Stunfisk, Bloo, Broccalon, Cartman, Elmo, Milotic, Red Dragon, Synn, Giant Weegee, Deoxys, Akuma, Rare Akuma, Kakashi, etc...

Ah, but don't finishers use health somewhere in the activation method? Crow's characters have such finishers that require the player's/opponent's health to be at (or less than) a certain point, IIRC. If a character does have a OHKO, then it better be hilarious to watch. That's the only requirement I need.

• 2 years later...

in terms oh OHKO

in GG you can use 1 on OHKO per round

advantage

can activate anytime as long you wont interupted

disadvantages on 

it fails to connect or blocked you cant use it til next round also you wont gain power bars until next round

while on fighting you starting to lose your life drastically when the bar is depleted since you will given a limit to trigger it up

in Terms on Sengoku Basara Chars in 1 Battle

you need to time before you can use the basara mode it has limited time you better use it before its gone or end of round because you can trigger that once per battle only

• 1 year later...

Hmmmmm......a lot of you seem to just hate them. I have no problem with them, unless they:

1. Are absolutely corny,

2. Have no penalties towards the user whatsoever.

I'm just getting used to MUGEN, and I'm starting to make chars now (including my self char), and yes, they will have finishers, BUT they will be easy to evade, and result in dire consequences if they do.

Yeah, I'm rambling about useless stuff, so basically, stay within the balance area.

• 2 weeks later...