[Fanfic]Tetsuwan Atom: The Robot Who May Change Atom's Future!

Toshio Tenma

Plot: It lacks two weeks for the new years, so Atom and his friends help out cleaning the school for the next year which is coming. Upon returning home by walk, Atom is stopped by Dr. Tenma who praise his hard work and give him his original blueprints saying that a robot which could change his future can made with these. Dr. Tenma then leaves Atom saying that he should give the blueprints to Dr. Ochanomizu who knows what he can do with these blueprints. While walking through the park, Atom sees a boy carrying a injured little girl in his back. That boy explains that girl is his sister and she tripped... With this, Atom learn the relationship of brother and sister and he wonders if a robot like himself could have a sister. Upon returning home, Atom deliver the blueprints to Dr. Ochanomizu who promises that he'll make a robot capable of changing his future. Atom sleeps and then he have a dream which a little girl calls him saying Dr. Ochanomizu has been summoning him. He attempt to reach that little girl, but she vanishes and it's then that he awoke up clueless of what he just saw. Atom talks about the dream and Dr. Ochanomizu requests him to interface with a computer, so he can show how was his dream. Upon seeing the dream, Dr. Ochanomizu decide to create a robot sister for Atom based in that girls image. Dr. Ochanomizu starts working very hard in his new project, that in one week he collapses and end up in the hospital. While there, he says to Atom that his robot sister is almost done, but she still lacks the kokoro which he could not complete with his weakened state. However, things get bad: Skunk who learned about the robot sister project steals the container which the unfinished robot is, hopping to reprogram it and use against Atom. Dr. Ochanomizu requests Atom to retrieve the robot without having the container open, because it should only be revealed to public once it's finished. Can Atom retrieve the robot before Skunk can use it for his own evil ways? - Note: In several versions of Tetsuwan Atom, Dr. Tenma is often a antagonistic figure, however he is an ally in that story. Also, all the names of the american adaptation of the 2003 anime are omitted. Ralph, Frank and Wily (not to be confused with Dr. Wily from Rockman) are exclusive characters made for these series of fanfics, they appear as Skunk's henchmen (though Wily may appear as the most recurring). Inspector Nakamura is a partneer of Inspector Tawashi who was absent in the 2003 series, though he did appear in the 1963 and 1983 series. Shunsaku Ban or "Higeoiyaji" mainly appeared as a private eye investigator in the 2003 series, however here he resumes his role as a teacher. Midori was a classmate appearing only in the first two television series and got absent in the 2003 series, but she resume her role as Atom's classmate in this story. The robot parents are still omitted since they're unecessary since Dr. Ochanomizu is already a father figure for Atom. - In the school... Tamao: Well, we must finish cleaning everything up for the next year... Shibugaki: The other students from the other classes are working pretty hard. Shunsaku Ban: Talking about working hard, I hope you can get better grades in the next year. Shibugaki: Ouch... Kenichi: Hey, Atom don't get overworked! Atom (cleaning a lot of stuff in few time): Uh? Is that bad? Tamao: Well, although you're a robot... You may waste too much energy or break something by accident, try be more moderate with what you're doing! Atom: Oh, sorry about that... Midori: Just a little longer and we'll finish cleaning our class... Shunsaku Ban: Alright! Let's do our best!! One hour later... Tamao: Wow, that was tough... Shibugaki: But, at least we managed to clean it up... Shunsaku Ban: Heh! Hard working people are always rewarded in a way or another. Atom: Rewarded? Shunsaku Ban: Well... I'm not talking about money or prizes, but that something very good may usually happen for those who work hard to help others. Midori: Speaking of which, Atom helped a lot of people despite how the public looked down at him for being a robot. Atom: So, something very good will happen to me? Wow, I'm excited! Shunsaku Ban: Hah, hah, ha!! That's the spirit, keep your hard work and you'll have a better future. Being always a honest person and helping others without asking a reward or popularity is what a real hero does. Never forget that! Atom: I wonder what could change in my life... Aww... I'm out of ideas... Midori: Hah, hah, hah!! Few minutes later, Atom was returning home... Atom: "I wonder how my life will change... Dr. Ochanomizu is a parent figure for me, but I feel that something very important is missing..." Suddenly, Atom is stopped by a car and the one who leaves it is... Atom: Father!? Dr. Tenma: That's been a while, Atom! I see you're working pretty hard latelly... Atom: Yes, everyone is saying it... But, why you returned? Dr. Tenma: I have returned to give you a gift for your hard work... Something which may change your life, if is used wiselly. Dr. Tenma deliver a set of blueprints and... Atom: Blueprints? What's that for? Dr. Tenma: They're your original blueprints, just deliver them to Dr. Ochanomizu. He knows what to do with these. Farewell for now, Atom! Atom: Father... Where you're going? Dr. Tenma: I have a important errand to do and I must leave the country for a while. That robot which can be made with these blueprints will change your future! See you later... Dr. Tenma leaves and... Atom: My original blueprints... Atom walks through a park and see a girl tripping... Girl: Ahhhhh!! Boy: Miharu! Are you alright? Miharu: Big brother Tokio, I've hurted my ankle... It hurts... Tokio: Let me carry you over, Miharu! And then... Atom: Excuse-me... But, are you two related somehow? Tokio: Ah, you're that robot know as Atom, right? Atom: Yes, nice to meet you! Tokio: I'm Tokio and she is my little sister Miharu! Nice to meet you! Miharu (being carried over): Hello, Atom! Uuuh, it hurts... Tokio: Let's get home, mom must have some first-aid at home. Anyway, see you later, Atom. Atom: See you later, Miharu and Tokio! After they goes away... Atom: "A little sister... I wonder if a robot like me can have a little sister too..." In Dr. Ochanomizu's home... Atom: I'm back!! Robita: Welcome back, Atom! Dr. Ochanomizu is waiting for you. Atom: He is? And then, at the living room... Dr. Ochanomizu: Welcome back, Atom! How was the cleaning at the school? Atom: It was fine and we had a lot of hard work. Dr. Ochanomizu: That's good to know. Anyway, what you're carrying? Atom: Ah, these are my original blueprints! Dr. Ochanomizu: What?!? How did you got these? They're not even available anymore. Atom: Dr. Tenma has given these... He said it was a gift for my hard work and that you know what to do with these, Dr. Ochanomizu! Dr. Ochanomizu: Hmm, I'll see what I can do with these... Atom: By the way, a robot like me would be able to have a little sister? Dr. Ochanomizu: You want a sibling? Well, that's not a bad idea... But, to have a little sister you must have responsability! However, I'm sure that you can handle something like that one day. Atom: "A little sister... I wonder how she would look like..." One day later, Atom awoke up and... ????: Big brother get up!! Dr. Ochanomizu is calling you! Atom (shocked): B-big brother?! So it means you're already built?? The little girl's image vanishes and Atom realize he was just dreaming... Atom: What was that?? And then, Atom get down and... Dr. Ochanomizu: Good morning, Atom! Atom: Good morning, Dr. Ochanomizu! Dr. Ochanomizu: Well, I'll get ready to work... Atom: By the way... I had a weird dream which a girl called me as "big brother"! Dr. Ochanomizu: What? You have a dream with a possible little sister? Atom: I tried to reach her, but then she vanished... So, I realized that I was still on the bed... Dr. Ochanomizu: Robots can save dreams in their memory... So, how about showing your dream to me? Atom: Is that possible? Dr. Ochanomizu: Of course, I just need to interface your electronic brain with a monitor so I can also see how that girl may look like. Atom: That's cool! And at the Science Ministry, Atom and Dr. Ochanomizu reaches a special room... Dr. Ochanomizu: Atom, just sit here! I'll put a special helmet which will interface your electronic brain with a computer monitor. Atom: Alright! And then, a image appears... Dr. Ochanomizu: Hmm... She could be a pretty cute little sister if she was real. Atom: She could? Dr. Ochanomizu: Of course... And note that she seems to share several traits of the girls which you have meet recently... It appears she is your imagination of how would be your own little sister. Atom: That's cool... But, if at least she was real. Dr. Ochanomizu: Don't feel disappointed, Atom. Someday she'll be born. Atom: Someday? Wow, I'm really looking forward to have a sister! Dr. Ochanomizu: Anyway, Atom! I'm sorry, but for now I'll be very busy with that project. Atom: Busy? Dr. Ochanomizu: A robot model like that takes long to be done and it would be suitable if she is made before the new year. So, I'll don't be able to spent my time with you as much as before. So, listen to Robita and only contact me when is extremely necessary. Atom: Thank you, Dr. Ochanomizu! I'm really looking forward to it! Later in a laboratory, Dr. Ochanomizu examine the blueprints and.... Dr. Ochanomizu: "Hmm... Atom's special abilities are too complex... It would take much time to reproduce a perfect copy of his. I'm sorry, but I'll make a robot with atributes of her own, Atom." One day later a interview of Dr. Ochanomizu is being held... Interviewer: We are here with the Science Ministry Dr. Ochanomizu who will create a new robot model based in Atom who is a robot fully capable of human reasoning and feelings. So, how that robot would be? Dr. Ochanomizu: That robot is being made as Atom's little sister. Interviewer: Little sister? That sounds fascinating, however why a little sister? Dr. Ochanomizu: Atom have full human emotions, so he also feels lonely, so giving him a little sister would ease that loneniness. After all, he could have a sibling who share the same experiences. Interviewer: That sounds pretty interesting... So, which atributes that robot will have? Dr. Ochanomizu: Well, that robot is still being made... But, I must tell before hand that she'll have atributes of her own, despite being quite close to Atom in both design and artificial inteligence. Interviewer: So, it means she'll don't be a faithfull copy of Atom? Dr. Ochanomizu: Well, since that robot is meant to behave as a seven years old girl and don't have a base personality, it would be dangerous giving all the atributes which Atom have. So, she'll only share part of his strenght, but none of his special abilities. Interviewer: Oh, yes... We have many anti-robot groups, so it could be troublesome if such robot missused it's powers. But anyway, do you have any preview of how that robot looks like? Dr. Ochanomizu: Unfortunatelly, I would like to only show her in public once my project is finished. As for now I only have part of her skeleton done and what left is making the artificial skin and kokoro. Interviewer: With this, we are finishing the interview with Dr. Ochanomizu! Thanks for watching. Meanwhile at a bar... Skunk (who was watching the interview): A robot which is close to Atom? That sounds interesting... If I upgrade it and use it to defeat Atom, then nobody will be able to stop me!! One week later at Dr. Ochanomizu's home... Atom: Dr. Ochanomizu haven't returned? Robita: Unfortunatelly he is so busy with his new project that he doesn't even got home. Atom: I know he wants to give me a little sister... But, it would not be good for his health if he get overworked... Meanwhile at Dr. Ochanomizu's laboratory... Dr. Ochanomizu: "Oh, I'm almost done... Soon she'll be complete... Ohhhhhh...." Dr. Ochanomizu colapses and at his home, Atom receive a phone call... Atom: Hello! Here is Dr. Ochanomizu's residence! Yuko (from the phone): Atom! It's urgent!! Dr. Ochanomizu has been hospitalized!! Atom: What?!? And then at the hospital in the room B5... Atom: Dr. Ochanomizu!! Are you alright?? Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Sorry for making you worried, Atom... I wanted to finish the new robot model before the new year so I worked non stop. Atom: Dr... Thank you for making a little sister for me, Dr. Ochanomizu! But, you don't need to be overworked because of that. Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Don't worry about that, Atom... She is almost complete. Atom (surprised): Almost complete?? Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Her body, artificial skin and motor systems are all complete... She just need something very important: the kokoro. Atom: So, she cannot awoke up yet... Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Yes and due to that I requested Yuko to seal her away in a container, so nobody will know how she looks like before being completed. Atom: Do you already have a name for her, Dr. Ochanomizu? Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Well, she does have a name... But since she is not complete, I wish to save the surprise for later. Atom: Ok! Are you feeling better? Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Yes, I am. But, the doctor said I'll have to stay at least 3 days hospitalized for observation. Atom: Three days? The kokoro takes long to be completed? Dr. (laying in the bed): Hmm, it depends... But, I have experience in robots with advanced artficial inteligence, so it should not take too long. Atom: Well, I'll be returning home for now. Dr. Ochanomizu (laying in the bed): Take care, Atom. Meanwhile at the Science Ministry which is far away from the hospital... Yuko: "Dr. Ochanomizu even covered that new robot model... Seems he really wants to keep the surprise..." Suddenly a couple of gangsters invade the Science Ministry with sleeping gas... Guard: We are under attack!! Ohh... Guard 2: Cough... S-sleeping gas... The guards collapses and Skunk with the gang invade the complex... Skunk (with a gas mask): Let's find that new robot model before the police arrives!! Frank (with a gas mask): Alright!! The gang enter invade several sections of the Science Ministry and... Wily (with a gas mask): Boss take a look: that room is the most secured from the whole complex! Skunk: Very well!! Ralph (with a gas mask): Boss, I've cutted down the communications device, but wanting or not, we may get problems with the police. Skunk: Police? Heh, I am not afraid of the police! Skunk raise his right hand and... Skunk: Guross, go out and cause a distraction!! Suddenly a robot start attacking the area near to the Science Ministry... Guross: Destroy!! Bystander: What's that thing?? Guross start destroying vehicles and causing panic while Skunk and his goons start destroying the door which lead to the laboratory... Skunk (with a gas mask): That's a tough door... But, Guross will buy us a lot of time. The door finally goes down, surprising Yuko who was still inside... Yuko: Ahh!! Skunk (with a gas mask): Heh, there was still a woman here... But, do not freet, I have no time to play with you, so take a good nap! Skunk throw a sleeping bomb... Yuko: Oh, no... Yuko collapses and... Skunk (with a gas mask): So, it's the container which that new robot model is sleeping? Frank (with a gas mask): It doesn't look that big... Ralph (with a gas mask): I think is a child type robot, but considering it's made by Dr. Ochanomizu, it may not be weak. Skunk and his gang take out the gas masks after the sleeping gas dissipates... Skunk: We don't have time and neither the tools to upgrade it, so let's take the container and get outta here before Atom comes!! The goons take the container who appears to be pretty light... Frank: Good thing that container is light... Guess we can save a lot of time!! Meanwhile at the Police Station... Inspector Tawashi (answering a phone call): What?!? Skunk has invaded the Science Ministry and launched an attack against the surrounding area?? Some minutes later, the police goes at the Science Ministry and it surprises Atom who was about to return home... Atom: "The police is going to the Science Ministry... Oh, no!! Something bad must have happened!!" Atom flies to the Science Ministry in time to see a strange robot fighting the police... Inspector Tawashi (who sees Atom): Atom!! That robot is just a distraction!! Skunk has escaped with a strange container! Inspector Nakamura: It seems their target was the new model robot which Dr. Ochanomizu was building!! Atom: Oh, no!! They stole my sister's body... She is not even complete... Inspector Tawashi: A robot sister? If she is made based in your blueprints, then Skunk may want to rebuild it for his crimes. Guross: Destroy!! Guross keeps attacking and... Inspector Tawashi: Atom... Just go after Skunk! That robot have no artificial inteligence, so we can take it down somehow! Atom: Alright!! Atom flyes away and manage to locate Skunk's car... Wily (looking at the rearview mirror): Atom is following us!! Skunk: Sigh!! That brat again?? Take him down!! Ralph attacks Atom with a machine gun and... Ralph: Eat this!! However Atom evades and counter by damaging the weapon with a finger laser... Atom (flying): I'm not letting you get away with my sister!! Ralph: Ugh!! It doesn't work anymore! Ralph looks at Skunk and... Ralph: Boss!! Do you got any backup plan?? Skunk: I don't have any!! I thought Atom would try to fight Guross, but instead he went right after us!! Frank: Guess the police is trying to take out Guross by themselves since they thought that stopping us was more important!! Skunk: Curses!! Atom stop the car by destroying the tires then Skunk's gang attempt to escape... Wily: Argh!! There is no way that we can beat that guy!! Skunk: We were too close!! Atom: I'm not letting you escape!! Frank: Heh, what you're going to do?? Will you hurt us? Skunk: You don't have any rope to capture us all at once!! Atom scans Skunk's pocket and... Atom (flying): "It's a sleeping gas bomb..." Atom flies to Skunk and take it... Skunk (shocked): What?? Atom (flying): It's true that I refuse to harm humans, but making you guys take a good nap is not an act of violence, right? Wily: Sigh!! We failed again!! We forgot our gas masks at the Science Ministry! Skunk: What? I thought you bought them with us!! Atom throws the sleeping bomb and... Skunk: Cough!! I'll make you pay for it... Atom... Zzz... The whole gang collapses and Atom retrieves the container... Atom (carrying the container): "I wonder if I should take a look inside..." Atom thinks over... Atom: "No... She don't have kokoro yet... So, she'll just look like a doll! Hope her body has not damaged..." Atom receive a message from Inspector Tawashi and... Inspector Tawashi (voice only): Atom! Are you hearing me?? Did you stopped Skunk? Atom (carrying the container): Yes, he and his gang are sleeping soundly! Did something happen? Inspector Tawashi (voice only): That's an emergency! That robot unit is tougher than we thought!! It destroyed many of our police cars, please help us out!! Atom: Alright!! Atom quickly returns to the Science Ministry and leaves the container next to Inspector Tawashi... Atom: Please, take care of her! Inspector Tawashi: Oh! That must be the new robot model which Skunk stole!! Inspector Nakamura: Well, we must bring it back to the laboratory! Inspector Tawashi: Officer Kazuya, take that container and bring it back inside! Officer Kazuya: Alright, sir! Atom quickly goes straight to Guross and... Atom: Since you have no mind of your own then I don't need to hold back!! Guross: Destroy!! Atom prepare his arm cannon and Guross attempt to jump on him... Atom: Take this!!! Atom launch his arm cannon and destroy Guross... Atom: That was easy... Atom goes to Inspector Tawashi and... Atom: Are you okay? Inspector Tawashi: That's not a grave wound... The container was bought back to the laboratory. I and Nakamura will capture Skunk and his gang before the effect of the sleeping gas ends. And three days later at the Science Ministry... Dr. Ochanomizu: Well done, Atom! You not only saved your sister's body, but also keept the container sealed shut. Atom: Well... I was curious at first, but then I realized it would better if I saw her already active. Dr. Ochanomizu: I am proud of you... Now, what left is working in the kokoro and then she'll be done. Atom: Well, I'll return home and wait! I'm really excited to see my little sister in action!! Dr. Ochanomizu: See you later, Atom! I'll let you know when she is fully operational. After that, Dr. Ochanomizu open the container and uncover the robot's body... Dr. Ochanomizu (looking at the girl robot's face): "You have such a cute sleeping face... Of course... I took Atom's dream as a basis for your design." Dr. Ochanomizu put a special helmet in the robot girl's head... Dr. Ochanomizu: "I'll name you as Uran and I hope you and Atom can really get along well." Dr. Ochanomizu (working with the computer which is interfacing with Uran's electronic brain): Now, I'll give you a soul! Atom will be really surprised when you awoke up... I think that a cheerful personality will suit you perfectly, but the rest will be up to you! Hope you can learn a lot about the world and live a happy life, Uran." -End