[WiiU/3DS/NS] Super Smash Bros

~❤Flanya Scarlet❤

Here's a vid that someone did an Analysis on Cloud's moves from the trailer:

Looking at this: Cloud's 'Limit Break' move seems to be like a charge-up move. once he is charged, any of his specials can be buffed up for that used or for a limited time. Hmm.. kind of OP on that situation. :-P

• 5 weeks later...

Corrin (Kamui) and Bayonetta were revealed today as the final DLC characters for the game

They will be available around February 2016, also Cloud will be available later today along with a new stage, Midgar, and new Mii Fighter costumes.

Also new artwork for the new characters done buy the illustrators of the respective games.

Spoiler

illust-modal.jpgillust-modal.jpgillust-modal.jpg

On 10/3/2015 at 5:43 PM, GarchompMatt said:

It's not trying to be F-Zero, though having a game like this fill the rather empty void a lack of F-Zero has left is most welcomed.

Hey, we DO have two representatives for F-Zero in Smash Brothers.

...Captain Falcon and Blood Falcon. :awesome

As for both of the new characters, Bayonetta and yet another Fire Emblem character are about the exact opposite of what I wanted. I was hoping they would rekindle my interest in the game after getting bored with it, but I frankly want nothing to do with them, even if Corrin can turn into a dragon. The only nice thing I can say besides one character turning into a dragon (I'm assuming for a final smash) is that at least SNAKE isn't playable.

So to those that grabbed Cloud, any thoughts so far? 

In my opinion, He's a real powerhouse which can lead to some really early kills, but he has really bad recovery (almost makes it as bad as Little Mac's) since his Up-B doesn't auto-snap to ledges which makes him really vulnerable to ledge-guarding and gimping and he doesn't have a good answer for shields either. 

3 minutes ago, Sweetfire13 said:

So to those that grabbed Cloud, any thoughts so far? 

In my opinion, He's a real powerhouse which can lead to some really early kills, but he has really bad recovery (almost makes it as bad as Little Mac's) since his Up-B doesn't auto-snap to ledges which makes him really vulnerable to ledge-guarding and gimping and he doesn't have a good answer for shields either. 

His recovery is bad indeed unless you charge his 'limit break' then he'll have better coverage on getting himself back on the stage. However its tricky to do so since you might expect your opponent to try to knock Cloud out of his charge before the gauge is full. But once you master him he be very cool to use.

Bayonetta is the one i really want to try out seeing how she can combo her moves. Man! I wish she was available now. >_<

Yeah me too, she's a really deserving character honestly.

I'm also really glad at the variety of track selections for the Bayonetta stage, especially since Midgar only had two songs.

The fact that Cloud doesn't have an English voice actor but Ryu did really bothers me.

3 hours ago, Sweetfire13 said:

Yeah me too, she's a really deserving character honestly.

I'm also really glad at the variety of track selections for the Bayonetta stage, especially since Midgar only had two songs.

The fact that Cloud doesn't have an English voice actor but Ryu did really bothers me.

Considering they could've used his voice actor from Kingdom Hearts: Re Chain Of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II

Funny that you mention that, I said the same thing:

Also, I may be the first one to do that, but here are my predictions regarding the veterans of the roster in Smash 5:

Will definitely return:

*the original 12 [Smash 64]

*Peach, Bowser, Falco, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch [Melee]

*Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, R.O.B., Sonic (due to Sega and Nintendo being best buddies) [Brawl]

*Rosalina & Luma, Corrin, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Palutena (Sakurai's waifu), Dark Pit (Sakurai's OC Donut Steal) [Smash 4]

High chance of returning (because Sakurai hates to scrap characters):

*Mewtwo (due to high DLC sucess), Roy (due to high DLC sucess), Ice Climbers (because they were only scrapped due to 3DS limitations), Dr. Mario [Melee]

*Lucas (due to high DLC sucess), Wolf (due to Starfox Zero), Ike, Toon Link, Charizard [Brawl]

*Robin, Bayonetta (due to Sega and Nintendo being best buddies), Pac-Man, MegaMan, Ryu (Nintendo, Namco and Capcom being friends seems to be pretty safe) [Smash 4]

Unlikely to return:

*Young Link, Pichu [Melee]

*Squirtle, Ivysaur [Brawl]

*Bowser Jr. (he was added very last to the roster, even after Lucina and Dark Pit), Lucina, Cloud (Nintendo's friendship with Square-Enix isn't stable enough just yet) [Smash 4]

Will definitely not return:

*Snake (FucKonami) [Brawl]

I did all the predictions based on Sakurai's past behaviour (not liking to scrap characters, seeing fan followings for certain characters, etc.), but even then there is no guarantee.

But if that really ends up being true for Smash 5, then I'll just let you know that I predicted it correctly...

• 2 weeks later...

[topic bump]

On 12/18/2015 at 2:07 PM, MugoUrth said:

Deep down, I'm hoping they surprise us with one more character, even if it isn't likely.

Hmm.....  if Sakurai decides to sneak in one more character then more likely be Wolf...

Even though I'm doubtful about it but will see when February comes with the last update.  :-P

Just now, DarkWolf13 said:

There's no hope from me when the last update comes... not even looking forward to those 2 characters at all yet...

He already said that these are the last 2 characters so there's no hope for at least 2 more to cap it at 60.

Yeah thats exactly what im thinking anyways. just have to wait tell the next smash for him. :-P

Looks like I won't be playing Smash for awhile. My controller pad on my 3DS broke while playing with Cloud for a bit, and I was getting better playing with him.  That blows. :noway:

..oh well but hopfully by time Bayonnetta released it be fixed. for now I can only play other games on my 3DS till then.

5 hours ago, DarkWolf13 said:

There's no hope from me when the last update comes... not even looking forward to those 2 characters at all yet...

He already said that these are the last 2 characters so there's no hope for at least 2 more to cap it at 60.

I hope to god he was lying.

2 minutes ago, MugoUrth said:

I hope to god he was lying.

Believe me MugoUrth we all wish Sakurai was lying but considering he stated this was the last update he meant it, plus Nintendo co. is getting things going for their next gen system (NX) so more likely we are not expecting anymore characters after Corrin and Bayonetta. :-P

1 hour ago, SSBK65 said:

Just get our hopes up for next gen MU, I think he ment it, but could they really add one more character? That'd be a huge surprise.

I guess people are kind of speculating on that considering you look at the official site where the dowloadable fighters are presented: http://www.smashbros.com/us/

....you see their is a space after Mewtwo which look like another character can fit in that spot. However I doubt it would happen anyways... :-P

16 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Believe me MugoUrth we all wish Sakurai was lying but considering he stated this was the last update he meant it, plus Nintendo co. is getting things going for their next gen system (NX) so more likely we are not expecting anymore characters after Corrin and Bayonetta. :-P

I, personally, am expecting him to surprise us. Of course, maybe it's just because I STILL cannot get over Corrin and Bayonetta, and I probably won't for a while, so I might just be filling my mind with delusional hope.

Not to give false hope, but let's not forget that Sakurai tends to go against his own word.

-He said there'd be no DLC; we got DLC.

-He said there'd be no Brawl stages; we got Brawl stages.

-He said characters from fighting games wouldn't get into Smash; we got Ryu.

-He said there wouldn't be clones; we got clones.

-He said he'd add new modes into Smash outside of tourney mode; we didn't get anything outside of tourney mode.

-He said whoever grabs the ledge is determined by whoever has been off-stage the longest; it's actually the last person to grab the ledge who grabs the ledge (still better than what previous Smash titles did).

And a bunch of other things, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, GarchompMatt said:

Not to give false hope, but let's not forget that Sakurai tends to go against his own word.

-He said there'd be no DLC; we got DLC.

-He said there'd be no Brawl stages; we got Brawl stages.

-He said characters from fighting games wouldn't get into Smash; we got Ryu.

-He said there wouldn't be clones; we got clones.

-He said he'd add new modes into Smash outside of tourney mode; we didn't get anything outside of tourney mode.

-He said whoever grabs the ledge is determined by whoever has been off-stage the longest; it's actually the last person to grab the ledge who grabs the ledge (still better than what previous Smash titles did).

And a bunch of other things, I'm sure.

That is indeed a good point their, considering Sakurai is known to be like that (probly his way on trolling his fans LOL!)

On 1/3/2016 at 10:02 AM, MugoUrth said:

I, personally, am expecting him to surprise us. Of course, maybe it's just because I STILL cannot get over Corrin and Bayonetta, and I probably won't for a while, so I might just be filling my mind with delusional hope.

Bayonetta is understandable consider we do need another sega rep (doe she is actually own by PlatinumGames oh something like that..:-P )

Now ask for Corrin I would agree with you since he/she is brand new to the FE series which I would consider them to be in the next smash. But since Fire emblem is a well known franchise (very popular in Japan) i guess it was meant to be.

Corrin gameplay:

Corrin looks like a crossbreed of a FE lord with a Pokemon. which looks pretty cool.to me :goodmood:

I can't watch videos, but I hear he can turn into a dragon, which is the only reason I'm not personally seeking Nintendo out and having them all hung. ...By their legs for an hour and using them as one of those executive clacking ball toys. ...I'm kidding, but is the dragon form only a final smash, or is it actually used in Corrin's moveset?