The beta of Rocko

aperson98

http-~~-//youtu.be/Im6vxzzpx2c

Posted Image

Posted Image

due to demand (mainly the Mugen Database) here is the old beta of Rocko since this is technically WlanmaniaX's Rocko and the fact I edited this beta I felt it would fit best in the edit section. I know he has a incomplete feel but that is mainly because i expected that WlanmaniaX would have taken more time to make sure he would play well which ironically was the opposite upon release he ended up worse how Wlan did it Ill never know. Someday I might go back and completely redo him.

download- http://www.mediafire...lsps2bjrn4f3irt

Honestly, I am not a fan of WlanmaniaX. He rushes characters, bad spritework and does not take the time or the criticism to understand new things that he needs to learn as well. His characters I feel are some times made to get a reaction out of the Mugen Community in itself. Individuals like him really need to take time with what they wish to do and expand their horizons in knowledge and ideas.

I hate those stupid x/yscale values Wlan uses! What's wrong with 1 or 0.5? 2 is stretching it. Does he literally not care about what his characters look like?! Rant over, I know some(?) of your characters use odd x/yscale values, but that's generally unnoticeable, or covered up by the reasonable gameplay aspects - Wlan's characters don't have anything worth of value in them :/

Honestly, I am not a fan of WlanmaniaX. He rushes characters, bad spritework and does not take the time or the criticism to understand new things that he needs to learn as well. His characters I feel are some times made to get a reaction out of the Mugen Community in itself. Individuals like him really need to take time with what they wish to do and expand their horizons in knowledge and ideas.

Well to be honest when I looked at the coding in his characters it looks like a lot of the code was ripped from other characters, rather then take the time to learn how to code it seems WlanmaniaX just copies and pastes stuff into his characters. I can't prove he takes coding from other characters, but it sure seems like it.

I hate those stupid x/yscale values Wlan uses! What's wrong with 1 or 0.5? 2 is stretching it. Does he literally not care about what his characters look like?!

Rant over, I know some(?) of your characters use odd x/yscale values, but that's generally unnoticeable, or covered up by the reasonable gameplay aspects - Wlan's characters don't have anything worth of value in them :/

I try to aim for a scale thats fairly sized compared to other combatants but not too stretched out.

Well to be honest when I looked at the coding in his characters it looks like a lot of the code was ripped from other characters, rather then take the time to learn how to code it seems WlanmaniaX just copies and pastes stuff into his characters. I can't prove he takes coding from other characters, but it sure seems like it.

Probably so. But I'm glad you have edited it. You're doing good with editing these types of things!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably so. But I'm glad you have edited it. You're doing good with editing these types of things!

You should see what I did for Rocko's sprites not only do they have a better palette, but the size and scale of his sprites do not change so much like Wlans originals, but guess who pooed pooed using them lol. I also added a few pics to the first post so people can see why final Rocko was such a train wreck.

• 1 year later...

Wlan's garbage is horrible, but to make it worse, it has FANS. This idiocy inspired authors to make characters in his style. Chainsaw dentist needs to do a "WlanmaniaX Makes Nice Characters" like he did with Kong and Binho's work.