Youtube overreacting to Copyright?

Zaibatsu

I got this when I uploaded my video...

Your video may include the following copyrighted content:

,and I said. "I believe this claim is not valid because I'm not making money off of it!".

Their response, "Whether or not you benefit financially from using the content doesn't matter. Unless you have permission from the owner, it's not yours to use!

So... WTF youtube? I was only doing a non profit mugen match! how many times does youtube have to change its rules? this is getting annoying...

This mostly counts for music related stuff. People may do a speed up or slow down of the music so it becomes legal for youtube use. And music is "legal illlegal stuff". It is from someone but it is for everyone. I do not know why it has to be so strict. When I was in the 80s one had just recorded the stuff on plain tapes from the music shows and even used them on dancing parties. The real stuff to buy are merchandise for fans and still fans like to buy originals. Most stuff on youtube are needed as advertisement, else we would not even know about that it exist. It is even enrichment for the companies because of the chance of greater popularity and youtube is a platform to make something get known. The companies not even earn something when one buy used stuff from ebay or other second hand. This is the more worst enemy for them. Also dangerous are clans as one can share the stuff from heart between each other for less or nothing. Mostly the companies like to see single people and less trust in others so they have to buy the stuff instead of borrow and lending stuff. The more you live as community the less one need to rely on companies and control by money.Good relationship between humans are very important for indipendency. As like money it is build on trust as mostly they are just digital digits and mostly paper not like the copper, gold and silver in the past.

yeah what he said. its mainly a music issue. mugen videos dont get taken down as much as they did a couple years ago. and you can claim them as fan art and say its wrongfully accused and win the dispute. however if its music. your as good as lost. thats why i don't use anything main stream. no linkin park for me thanks.

yeah what he said.

its mainly a music issue.

mugen videos dont get taken down as much as they did a couple years ago. and you can claim them as fan art and say its wrongfully accused and win the dispute.

however if its music. your as good as lost.

thats why i don't use anything main stream.

no linkin park for me thanks.

I think it was just a miku song called anger. I used it because it came with MOTVN's stage miku city. I didn't realize it was against their policy to use miku songs with mugen videos. Thats bullshit because I saw a guy use Metallica(sorry if I spelled it wrong) in one mugen video... so whats up with that? Am I going to have to delete the vid?

YouTube is allowing companies to make copyright claims over things they don't own. Latelly Shogakukan is attacking videos related to Rockman 8 which they don't own no matter if is just the introduction or music swap. Shogakukan only have rights over the Rockman Exe Anime, Ryusei no Rockman and as well Rockman 8 manga. No official source cite Shogakukan as a copyright holder of Rockman classic series, they only own the other media works like animes, mangas and perhaps toys. They don't own studio Xebec to make claims over Rockman 8 or Rockman X4 videos as well. Their web "Tales of Megaman" doesn't even seems to exists.

YouTube is allowing companies to make copyright claims over things they don't own.

Latelly Shogakukan is attacking videos related to Rockman 8 which they don't own no matter if is just the introduction or music swap.

Shogakukan only have rights over the Rockman Exe Anime, Ryusei no Rockman and as well Rockman 8 manga.

No official source cite Shogakukan as a copyright holder of Rockman classic series, they only own the other media works like animes, mangas and perhaps toys.

They don't own studio Xebec to make claims over Rockman 8 or Rockman X4 videos as well.

Their web "Tales of Megaman" doesn't even seems to exists.

Good ol' youtube... failing it's users over music copyright problems...

I found stupid what happened with my video... After looking for more information, they hold the rights for the mangas of Rockman 8. But it still don't give them the right to make a copyright claim over a Rockman 8 video game footage which don't have listed in the credits at all.

Hey Ryon Is Video Game Music Ok I Use Sonic And Zelda etc There All VG Music

I've seen people put up full albums and stuff. Its like youtube is just being a bitch about who or what it takes off and complains about.

Youtube always gets like this here a site that can help you http://fairusetube.org/guide-to-youtube-removals and if your to lazy here what your going to need.

"This video is fair use under U.S. copyright law because it is (1) non-commercial, (2) transformative in nature, (3) uses no more of the original work than necessary for the video's purpose, and (4) does not compete with the original work and could have no negative affect on its market."