Excahm`s Sprites

Ex✭Cᴀʜᴍ

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just a small experiment for a style.

ggxx_angel_noft_by_excahm-d7v1cw8.png

Was trying to mix Guity Gear+Blazblue+Aquapazza sprite styles.

Funny enoght regardless of the resolution this one just took around a hour to this point which is faster than my regular Low-Res sprites time.

is missing a few details plus hands as always being a pain to do also missing the shoes atm.

This one is technically my really 1st Hi-Res sprite bcoz this one is way more completed.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, you've done a good job making the sprites. They look really nice.

Thanks! i hope i can main this sprite style.

apxx___oc_angel_sprite_by_excahm-d7x5l47

Well after a few small tweaks there and there iam done with my 1st Hi-Res Sprites and this one is Finished also changed my OC design a bit tto give her a look of a age around 14~16 years old dunno ima keep this style i love the results and seems more easy.

Nice sprite, but I have to remind you about the lightsource.

In the legs, the face, the hat and the skirt the light comes from the right, the red part of her T-shirt comes from above and her right arm (viewer's left) is lighted from the left.

I fixed it for you (keeping in mind a lightsource from the right):

apxx_by_excahm_fix.png

I don't know the lightsource of the games you wanted to emulate, I haven't studied those styles yet.

Nice sprite, but I have to remind you about the lightsource.

In the legs, the face, the hat and the skirt the light comes from the right, the red part of her T-shirt comes from above and her right arm (viewer's left) is lighted from the left.

I fixed it for you (keeping in mind a lightsource from the right):

Hey i like what you did there yeah the arm looks better specially since the hand looks less off, you know kinda watching it like that makes me think on a kinda AP Hires sprite (3~4 colors lightsource Front/Over).

Actually had trouble deciding how the lightsource should be since the reference for that was GGXX sprite for the most part.

Gm9ggk8.png

The lightsource seems to come from Back, Over and Front at the same time akwardly :S so tried another thngy.

Thanks for the feeback (and the fix) mate.

Ill do a quick fix later just for some minor detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Okey 2nd try but this time used Kurumi from Vanguard Princess as base.
oc___sapphire_sprite_by_excahm-d7yv5qb.p
OC Sapphire by yunocchii

Image used as reference:

sapphire_chibi_by_yunocchii-d7sbl4e.png

Tried again with how supostly Guilty Gear Shading goes acording to some ppl at Guild most of the lightsource coming from the front and a slighty from the back and keeping very shaded parts tho all that are just opinions/sugestions make the things a bit more clear buuuuut still far of what i want.

Ahhhh hr goodies exchamburger bro. Lol. Yo that one that alex fixed...thats exactly what I was talkin about before for you to try out. Yeah depending on what directions, the positions of the sprite is where light applys and shade resides. She looks good bruh. And the new one I def see you gettin the hang of it more and more. I can tell you too with the lightsource from hd joints it varies per character too and not just the games styles. Had to find that crap out when I was frankening P4 arena sprites with blazblue and guilty gear sprites to make a complete new character. So cool fusion of both styles and keep, in play which way you want lightsource and shade to play goes long way my bro. Your doing good man and keep, it up. Lando wishes to see more spriters evolve into hd hr stuff over time. Good going ex champ.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh hr goodies exchamburger bro. Lol. Yo that one that alex fixed...thats exactly what I was talkin about before for you to try out. Yeah depending on what directions, the positions of the sprite is where light applys and shade resides.

Yeah iam trying to keep in mind the lightsource.

Hopefully sprite by sprite ima get it tho slowly maybe buuuut keep practicing.

Anyway did a new sprite:

oc___chibi_angel_sprite_by_excahm-d803q5

A chibi of my OC Angel based over the sprite Shirokazi/Swordman-Kai did for me as Request/Trade.

Original Base by Shirokazi:

chibi_angel_sprite_000_kai_x2_by_excahm-

(thx btw brother ^_^)

Edited the whole sprite in general and changed the shading and parts to my way.

More in the way.

Well another one...

I was lazy and distraceted so took longer than what i wanted :P

hyperdimension_neptunia__blanc_sprite_by

Well i have been wanting to try doing some sprites about teh Goddess CPUs so i started with Blanc/White Heart which is my Favorite Goddess because of her way to be also looks cool and cute in both normal and goddess form (which i should try to sprite later) and sprite her version with her coat.

Anyway made this sprite taking reference from a PVS Figure picture however i slighty missed in terms of size since my sprite came out like around 8 pixels smaller than she should be (Noticed when i was close to be done -0- so...) to fits with my previous Hi-Res sprites so yeah but doesnt mean i wont do a few more later tho.

• 4 weeks later...

Found some stuff while looking on my old files and decided to upload them since i wont be using them anymore:

oc_angel___small_portrait__by_excahm-d84

Small Port (for a old Winmugen KOF screenpack)

oc_angel___walk_foward_animation__by_exc

Walk Foward Animation (based on Athena)

oc_angel___walk_back_animation__by_excah

Walk Back Animation (Based on Kula)

oc_angel___charge_animation__by_excahm-d

Charge animation (scratch).

oc_angel___crouch_animation__by_excahm-d

Crouch animation (mix of chars)

oc_angel___quick_slap_animation__by_exca

Bitch Slap (scratch)

oc_angel___kick_01_animation__by_excahm-

Middle Kick 01 (Based on Sakura)

oc_angel___low_kick_01_animation__by_exc

Low Kick 01 (based on Kula)

Note that these are 3 years old+ sprite animations so they may not even look good.

Found some stuff while looking on my old files and decided to upload them since i wont be using them anymore:

oc_angel___small_portrait__by_excahm-d84

Small Port (for a old Winmugen KOF screenpack)

oc_angel___walk_foward_animation__by_exc

Walk Foward Animation (based on Athena)

oc_angel___walk_back_animation__by_excah

Walk Back Animation (Based on Kula)

oc_angel___charge_animation__by_excahm-d

Charge animation (scratch).

oc_angel___crouch_animation__by_excahm-d

Crouch animation (mix of chars)

oc_angel___quick_slap_animation__by_exca

Bitch Slap (scratch)

oc_angel___kick_01_animation__by_excahm-

Middle Kick 01 (Based on Sakura)

oc_angel___low_kick_01_animation__by_exc

Low Kick 01 (based on Kula)

Note that these are 3 years old+ sprite animations so they may not even look good.

Sprite Comission by sstteevveenn

comission__oc___sara_sprite_by_excahm-d8

OC Name: - Sara

Took reference from artwork about Sara to sprite her in this style.

Nice! Those Sprites are awesome. :awesome

[..sigh..] I wish I can draw. ......  :-(

• 2 weeks later...