Capcom Vs the World Full game Beta released by Sean Altly 10-21-12

Laharl

[Preview]

Posted Image

[Download]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ji3umj (his link not mine)

[Comment]

(Copy pasta from his release)

On this day in History:

1492 - Columbus lands on San Salvador Island

1858 - In Paris, the Can-Can is 1st performed

1902 - In the United States, a five month strike by United Mine Workers ends

1959 - Guggenheim Museum, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, opens in New York City

1967 - Thousands opposing Vietnam War try to storm Pentagon

2012 - SeanAltly grossly over estimates the significance of his game's first beta release and puts a "This Day in History" list in his release thread

After over a year of work, I present the first beta for Capcom vs The World.

The roster is as follows:

Capcom The World

Ryu Jin Kazama

Ken Squall Leonhart

Chun Li Lynn Baker

Charlie Rorschach

Alex Solid Snake

Haggar Blaze Fielding

Mr. X Sub-Zero

Jin Saotome Det. Garret Laurel

Superman

I know it's uneven, but I was ready to release the Beta and I didn't want people to have to wait while I coded another Capcom character. In case you were wondering, K' and CM Punk were technically ready, but I wanted to hold off on Punk until I finished updating his sprites, and K' had no UT yet. The following stages are included:

NYC Alley by NoZ

Deep Jungle by Jean Bureau

Fairy Day by Jean Bureau

Port Sunset by Jean Bureau

Australian Outback by Jean Bureau

Spacial Training by EXShadow

I have permission to use these stages and I've tried to make sure the stages used have a similar art-style to prevent inconsistency (a big problem with my first full-game, SHADEs of Manhattan 1). Here's a general list of features and such:

-17 fully-playable characters

-6 stages, including a training stage

-Completely original soundtrack by WizzyWhipitWonderful

-Character specific win-quotes

-Preview of a pre-fight dialogue system (Ryu is the only one who has the system right now, and it's only against "The World" characters)

-4-button gameplay, 2 Punches, 2 Kicks

-EX Moves for every character

-Custom AI for every character

-Completely original "Unique Tactic" system

-Fast, combo heavy gameplay, but not as crazy as the MVC games

-.PNG movelists for every character

------------------------------------------

enjoy guys. (I BEAT ZOMBIEBROCK THIS TIME WOO)

lmao, nice job laharl, u got lucky this time, both of my kids were up til alittle after 5 am , so i slept really late today, but seriously, i had no idea Sean had done this much work on it,as to release a beta, sweet, thanks for the info

thats not a typo its a term it just means copy paste. i did it on purpose.

Ok, I didn't knew that.

Btw the game is sick, the characters and the stages are awesome and the screenpack too. I just don't like the select screen that much :/

• 2 months later...

[uPDATE]

SEAN SANTLY SAID:

So, I got the okay from DivineWolf to include Skullomania in the next beta. I also have permission from ExShadow to include his Ice Cavern stage, as well as a new stage by JeanBureau. I've also coded the Simul and Team Mode life-bars, which opens up use of all of the modes. So, the next update will include the following:

-CM Punk

-Skullomania

-Cactuar (integrated as a playable character)

-Two New Stages (Ice Cavern and Japan)

-More bug/balance fixes and updates

-Team Arcade, Team VS, Survival, and Watch Modes

Depending on his progress, it may also include the updated screenpack ExShadow's been working on. I also would like to include Morrigan and K', but I can't make any guarantees right now. I'd like to get this update out within the next week or two, but that may be optimistic. We'll see.

[LINK[

AT: Mugen Fighter Guild.

I notice that Seanalty prefers to make characters that are serious toned and human. To be honest, though, I wouldn't mind seeing him do something different. The fact that he's adding Cactaur to the next update shows he's act least trying to do that.

from what he said Cactaur was already in it but only as a sub boss this time he well be a playable character