KOF: True K' new moves + looks progress

MKJ

I'm probably going to put most of my move displays in this topic, here is a display of K's spark drives in a new look with afterimage. It Also shows the new Lvl 2 heavensdrive I made:

-his lvl 2 moves will be two button combinations from now on -slightly changed his x eine trigger flame look -added width to spike drives Going to shorten that one intro next time [191] and make True Eine Trigger follow - ups, maybe make lvl 2 heatdrive and set cross cancel for heatdrive lvl 1. Feedback would be great if you have any suggestions on move changes, etc.

it could be me, but i think i lost sight of your reasoning behind making him?

Well, there is mainly three reasons:

K' is awesome?

^^reason number 1, very true...

When I saw Cross Cancel, reminded me of the awesome edits Samsouji made in the past

^^reason number two, I loved SSouji's stuff, talked to him last summer, dunno where he is now but I wanna make a char by his inspiration... a little.

and I'm just trying to see what my peak potential of creating a complete and solid char with no problems and authentic concepts and style, so I can be ready for some more serious business that involves a little bit more effort in various areas of expertise.

And.....learn how to make AI with various moves and combos at hand.....so that's actually four reasons.

i dont mean to be negative or to throw you off from your goal.

but really, your "true k" just seems like a over powered , glamorous suped up k', with shiny effects and moves he doesnt really need.

but thats my opinion.

First K' char like that though, right....? I know he seems a little too sparkly, kinda too late now though. Fortunately, I'm gonna tone down on the next char I work on, little less excessive. Overpowered would imply excessive damage, correct? I've been working on that, and plus I've recently shortened his 1st cross cancels to make it a little less excessive and have more replayability.

Okay, more new things I added,fixed and changed to K':

http-~~-//youtu.be/xYNmYxZKjQQ

-Changed Blackout move (D,F, a/b)

-Changed blazeout moves (D,B, a/b after x eine trigger)

-New grab move extension made for Y eine trigger

-New phase drive extensions made for spike drive move

-shortened the two 1st cross cancels for better replayability

-New True Eine Trigger to have MAX extensions

-Fixed the infinite you could do with x eine triggers second shoot.

-Changed Heavensdrive SDM a little bit.

Tell me what you guys think so far if there is anything you would like changed or see in the next set of updates.

There are other edits of K', but they all derive from the same fashion of KOF chars, same sparks, moves, effects, behavior, sounds; same stuff happening over, and over, and over again....I'm not gonna try making another uniform K' with a only a few things of my own, I want to make him into something people don't necessarily see in other KOF chars without sacrificing the KOF style in it's entirity.

again, i dont mean this as a personal attack or an attack on your creation. just my personal view on him. I've seen alot of K's that are like that, most of them always have this 1 thing that makes them different from the others, either sparks, sounds, moves. always a small thing, i see your creation as a combination of all of that, and it really doesnt look that appealing to me. then again i dont play mugen anymore.

I understand, no hard feelings honestly. yeah most edits may have one of these things, but I don't want to have a bunch of K' chars in order to have variety, I kinda want a little bundle of them in one char to say the least. But trust me, i'm not gonna be doin' this all of the time.

yo i like what i see man . I love using K'. He is my main in KOF. Your character reminds me a bit of unleashed terry. I like the custom moves and the hitsparks. It really makes me think of KOD (K Overdrive) which is a bunch of styles packed into one char. Just some questions - does your K have a diagonal projectile? Some K's have a move where they can jump and kick the fireball in downward diagonal. its a good aerial keep away and can be a good setup for combos. also can your K air dash right (both forward and backward)? Could you add a guilt gear burst move? kinda if K takes a ton of damage he can sort of burst with energy to break out of a combo. I dont know why but i really want chars to have that... tired of getting stuck with in an infinite combo and cant do shit. its flashy which is good i like it , but i hope its not OP to the point where it becomes gimmicky. so i sort of see ryon's point... I wish these moves were used with the KOF13 K sprite but thats just me. Hope to see more progress. Cant wait for a final release.

yo i like what i see man . I love using K'. He is my main in KOF. Your character reminds me a bit of unleashed terry. I like the custom moves and the hitsparks. It really makes me think of KOD (K Overdrive) which is a bunch of styles packed into one char.

Just some questions - does your K have a diagonal projectile? Some K's have a move where they can jump and kick the fireball in downward diagonal. its a good aerial keep away and can be a good setup for combos. also can your K air dash right (both forward and backward)?

Could you add a guilt gear burst move? kinda if K takes a ton of damage he can sort of burst with energy to break out of a combo. I dont know why but i really want chars to have that... tired of getting stuck with in an infinite combo and cant do shit.

its flashy which is good i like it , but i hope its not OP to the point where it becomes gimmicky. so i sort of see ryon's point...

I wish these moves were used with the KOF13 K sprite but thats just me.

Hope to see more progress. Cant wait for a final release.

Thanks, heh I kinda wish he was as good as that Terry. He has diagonal projectiles in the air. Air dashes and guilty gear bursts? Mmm, dunno if i'll actually put those in, but when he is being attacked I could have him initiate a recover, dash to the opposite side of the stage and shoot out a fireball to disrupt the opponent at the cost of maybe one and a half powerbars....maybe? I'll have to think about that.