Grab / Throw Tutorial

Ryon

Thanks, for the Help. btw, the throw creator of the FF seems not working right because when i clicked on Insert it Inserted some weird statedefs and somethings, i have to add then manually into the TargetBind

• 4 months later...

Good work Ry on this one.  And like you said, "probably not how I'd do it." which works well for me.  I've done a lot of throw stuff over the years for different reasons.  But a throw gives you total control over the opponent if done right.  And there are definitely a bunch of things to do to an opponent that can only be done with a 'throw'.  The player doesn't really need to know, but the coder should know.  And yeah, most of the time I try to use changeanim2 just for the simple fact that it uses the animations from the opponent.  Can't always do it that way, but works better for the most part.  A good example of "don't work" is Ssonic renumbered the animations in the sff starting with zero and then ending anywhere from 30 to 60 or so.  No 5000's in Ssonic's original sff file.  So if you play against one of those, it will 'blank out' the opponent pretty much like you stated.  Thanks Ry.  And the 'hard part' I guess with people on throws is the 'thinking in stereo' part because with a throw you are coding for 2 characters and not just one.