What version of mugen i should use for testing Hires Stages & SPs.

Sou-Bot

well since this will really be a post full of opinions on witch is the best, id have to say 1.0 , since its the newest released version thats publicly out & the majority of stages, especially hi res are going to work on 1.0 hell truth be told of the hundreds that ive dled ive never had 1 not work on 1.0, ive had to that i had to fix the localcord on to make them fit right but other than that ive had no problem, now as far as i know for screen packs theres been quite a few stages made for 1.0 but anything before that will have to be updated to 1.0 , theres a link over at IMT that will tell u how to upgrade screen packs

I do most of my testing on 1.0 at 640x480 resolution. But because Winmugen treats some coding differently than 1.0, you may want use them both. One thing in particular is tiling. Tiling sprites in 1.0 is easier. But Winmugen is...well.... stupid.

listen to vegaz, my boy here knows his shit

Mugen 1.0, on 640, 480 resolution. Its become the standard of these days. and until I feel that most people (the public) have the computer power to handle a 1280,720 screenpack. I personally don't feel like making one. Because most people wouldn't be able to use it.

Mugen 1.0, on 640, 480 resolution.

Its become the standard of these days.

and until I feel that most people (the public) have the computer power to handle a 1280,720 screenpack. I personally don't feel like making one.

Because most people wouldn't be able to use it.

I agree with you.

listen to vegaz, my boy here knows his shit

No doubt, bro. And if my word isn't enough...

Mugen 1.0, on 640, 480 resolution.

Its become the standard of these days.

and until I feel that most people (the public) have the computer power to handle a 1280,720 screenpack. I personally don't feel like making one.

Because most people wouldn't be able to use it.

...then take from, Ry.

For that I suggest for Mugen 1.0, cause WinMugen doesn't support HI-RES Stages even if you set doubleres=4. Since doubleres=4 can only support up to Hi-res characters.

Yea. That reminds me. I think we should clarify that there is a Winmugen and Winmugen Plus. The one she is describing is Winmugen. Plus is the hacked version that support both low and hires stages. Screenpacks, however must be hires for Plus.

1.0 can be either. Cuz it has the awesome ability to change localcoord. 320x240 is lowres, 640x480 is hires, and 1280x720 is HD.

No doubt, bro. And if my word isn't enough...

...then take from, Ry.

Yea. That reminds me. I think we should clarify that there is a Winmugen and Winmugen Plus. The one she is describing is Winmugen. Plus is the hacked version that support both low and hires stages. Screenpacks, however must be hires for Plus.

1.0 can be either. Cuz it has the awesome ability to change localcoord. 320x240 is lowres, 640x480 is hires, and 1280x720 is HD.

That clarifies that.Posted Image

Thank you so much guys for your replies, im gonna +1 you all, thats the smallest thing i can do....im looking for tutorials in this forum and its kind hard because that search botton gives me error everytime i use it, as you know im still noob when it comes to coding and useing fighter factory but ive learned many things as well but i wish you bear with me cause i have so many questions in my puket and i need some serious help....

1- (how to clean the sprites that i make)...what i mean is when i make palettes for my sprites and put them in fighter factory i see the green color (alpha color) on their edges, here is an example of what im talking about: Posted Image

You see that green crap right there!, yes i can clearn them with (photoshop), (paintshot), (ulead photo express) or any other program but is there a way to do it faster with "FF" ?

2- (whats the proper fighter factory to use for making stages and screenpacks), im useing "Fighter Factory Ultimate" and ive seen somewhere that "FFU" is not the right one for making stages...

3- (its kind related to question 2) i index the sprites into 256 colors and then save them as "PCX" and when i put them in "FF ultimate" they work just fine but when i add sprites into "FF Classic" or "FF3" while (shared colors) is off of course, i get this message: (This image can be visualized incorrectly, because does not exist none palette applied to the SFF, To correct,adjust the group, palette of the image or open one act palette in the panel of palettes).

So whats the deal, am i making wrong palettes ????.

4- 4- Its about "FF".., I need a tutorial about adding sprites or images in the right group....my sample stage has 3 sprites and when i try to add another one to them, that sprite get messed up and look weird!!

Also i heard that when your sprites have many colors its gonna look ridiculous in "FF", any explanations about it or how it fix that ?

Sorry for all these questions and sorry for my english as well, hope you got everything i said.

All of my tutorials as well as many of my other explanations are located in the HELP section. I STRONGLY recommend you look in there for tutorials. All of my stuff is stickied or near the top. 1. I personally use !Draw , its a program that only uses 256 color png images, basically, when you open the image in !draw, change your first color in the pallete (alpha color) to another color, such as red, or white, or blue, whatever you want. and its gonna show you the blended pixels that you have to remove manually. 2. Fighter Factory 3 Beta, Its not available on the offical website yet but MFFA, and Mugen Guild have links to download them. AND My videos character creation 1 , has the links as well from me. Fighter Factory 3 (32Bit) http://www.mediafire.com/?82b1pfs9sijwclx (64Bit) http://www.mediafire.com/?fr3cxm0c74km4lz 3. DO NOT USE FIGHTER FACTORY ULTIMATE! Its known to have issues far beyond that of FFC and FF3 is far superior because FF3 supports mugen 1.0, and FFC does not. The reason behind the image thing is becuase of FFU. FF3 would just make a pallete for the image, itself. 4. Look at my Character creation tutorial I explained about adding sprites and group numbers and stuff. but in the short answer. If you have group 0 image 0, already, and then you add another image with the same group 0 image 0, the 2nd image is gonna be FORCED to take the pallete of the first image. and ruin it.

watch my tutorials out and you will learn alot and how to avoid the issues your having now.

Seriously, i had doubts about myself i tought im too stupid for coding and making something with "FF", and now i found out that its all FF's fault.....your previous post can help many ppl. The link you gave me made my life easier, one million thx to you Ryon. BTW if you still have the def file of your stage tutorial, can you upload it please or copy & paste it here.