New Characters in Mugen

mugennut

In Mugen (especially DBZ-wise), there is WAY TOO MANY different versions of characters. Creators should stop trying so hard to make a good edit of an existing char and focus their attention on bringing to Mugen a whole completely different, new, and fresh char to the scene. I am saying this not to upset creators but to movitate them, as I and probably a whole lot of other people would love to add to our rosters, DIFFERENT characters. I say especially Dragon Ball Z-wise because DBZ most likely contains the most chars of any other series. For example, in my DBZ Mugen collection, I have about 40 different versions of plain ole' Goku (just his orange shirt and pants, no Super Saiyan, no anything, just normal):about 10 Super Butoden (SB)/Buyu Retsuden-style ones (be them ripped from the game or good edits), 10 Hyper Dimension (HD) ones, 3 Arcade (Choujin)-style ones, 3 chibi ones, 2 pocket ones, 1 High-Res (HR), 3 Ultimate Battle (UB)-style ones, 1 PC engine one, 1 in its own category:Goku X by SodonHD, and lastly the very good Arcade-style one by Cybaster and Balthazar. However in contrast to this, Omega Shenron, the last major villian in the series has had only like 4 versions of him made (all of them rather crappy I say incomparision to Choujin's or Cybaster's) or even more ridiculous, there has been made countless and countless versions of Vegeta out there ranging from Kid Vegeta to Damaged Vegeta in the Buu Saga to 3 (count them, 3!) versions of SS6 Vegetas! but not yet 1 Yajirobe or Lord Slug or Fat Janemba or Evil Buu, or any of the dragons other than Omega Shenron and the 1 Nuova Shenron, or etc.-the list goes on and on. I know these characters didn't appear much or at all in Lord Slug or Fat Janemba's case, in the show, but that should not stop people from creating them as I have seen already more than a dozen Brolys (normal, SS, LSS, SS3, SS4 SS5) and 4 Bullas (Bulma's daughter) and they have only appeared like maybe three or four times ever on the series (show and movies combined). I know this is lengthy but I had a lot to say and to recommend to Mugen char creators. Now I will top this off by asking everyone who would they like to be created or edited into a better version in Mugen? Here's my list: 1. All the ones mentioned in my paragraphs 2. Nappa (converted into arcade style) (DBZ) 3. Barney Rubble (have Fred but he has noone to compeat with it) 4. Brett Favre 5. Tiger Woods (NOT OMEGA-a version similar to how MJ was done or how Steven Seagal was done) 6. Paraguas (not that lame crap where he's in only his saiyan space pod) 7. Tabuu (From SSBB) 8. Triple H (WWE) 9. Big Show (WWE) 10. Chris Jericho (WWE) 11. Mick Foley (WWE) 12. Sting (WCW) 13. Kane (WWE) 14. Yogi Bear 15. Porky Pig 16. Ho-Oh (Pokemon) 17. Celebei (Pokemon) 18. Any of the three legendary birds and dogs (Not that crappy Entei that can't even move) (Pokemon) 19. Babe Ruth 20. Barry Bonds 21. Kid Buu (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 22. Android 17 (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 23. Cell 2nd Form (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 24. King Cold (a good version-not the cheap Ginyu edit) 25. SS Turles, SS3 Goten, SS6 Gohan, SS Vegeta Jr. SS2 Goten (For the "AF" or made-up DBZ lovers like me) 26. Yamcha (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 27. Android 19 (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 28. Guldo (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 29. Zarbon (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 30. Dodoria (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ) 31. Kui (not the crappy one by Soopafly/SSJ Rhian) 32. SS2/3/4 Goku and Vegeta (converted into arcade-style) (DBZ)

• 5 months later...

thats because everyone loves kof and street fighter that they are determined to keep making that shit over and over and over again endlessly and if its not that they find something that has been made countless time and time again i guess know one ever thought and say hey why not make something that hasn't been done 50 different times in a row either they be crappy or better then the next person before them it does get tiring and that's why i stop playing mugen i mostly just collect them there still so many things left that know one has even touched yet

40 Gokus!? I never knew there were THAT many! I absolutely knew he was one of the most-created characters for MUGEN!

I can only imagine how many Ryus and Marios there are!

If someone is going to make a character that's already been made, it should be of a character that has no good versions, like Pit or Olimar, not one who's been made a billion times, like Goku!

• 2 months later...

Whenever I find some FTG or even ACT characters that haven't been mugeneized yet, I have a strong urge to try to do it by myself. I try to wait for some good MUGEN authors to work on those I want, but usually I lose my patience. This actually puts me in the "ok if no one wants to mugenize it then I will do it because I just can't wait any longer" delimma -- to be accused of "me-first wanna-be".

I always want to have a cool DBZ Broly [edit: not using SNES sprites] in my MUGEN.  Now can only count on Balthazar & Cybaster.........

In my opinion, new sprites are all we need for any game making engines' new entries including MUGEN. Voices and sound effects and FXs are not something hard to get (or if not going for source accurarcy).

As a result, I admire people who can draw good pixes/3D more than people who can code some game engine characters.

Most people can learn how to code (if not like a lazy me), while pixel/3D artists require the right DNA (again in my opinion).

Even a bad maths. skilled me might be able to code some simple boring MUGEN characters, so yet again in my opinion:  (spriters >= coders) && (coders < spriters)

we need a game where you can play as anyone, make characters and stages, set music for stuff and it be customizeable

and its not made by elecbyte, made by the actual companies lol.

? Uhhh...I don't get it. Elecbyte is giving us the power to do that for free. If a real company did it, they would make us pay for it.