A MFFA Creators Hall of Fame

DJSLASH571

So this idea came about after I was going around various MUGEN sites like MUGEN Wikia and a few forums, and saw some had a 'hall of shame'. While most of us are familliar with a hall of shame, It's always puzzled me why the MUGEN community has never had some sort of Hall of Fame. When you think about or watch the sports hall of fame's, they are for their legends and greatest players of the sport while in MUGEN we only really have hall of shame's that show of the worst creators of game which in a way makes MUGEN look like a shit game. I could really think of a lot of names for a hall of fame for creators and members of the community, So what do you guys think?

I think having a hall of fame is wrong because we all have different standards and preferences, though it will be okay if we base it off of for example, how the person coded the character, if it's sloppy or not, etc.

um so it would be like ryon ryon ryon ryon ryon ryon alexei alexei alexei alexei alexei alexei vector vector vector vector vector vector. cause those are top ones who are mainly part of mffa.

It's always puzzled me why the MUGEN community has never had some sort of Hall of Fame

I've never seen a hall of shame in the sites I go frequently but...

MFG has a hall of fame for "epic" threads, char of the month, char of the year & stage creation competition each 2 years.

anyway, I kinda agree with Laharl, those 3 are pretty much the only active creators mainly associated with MFFA.

I'm trying to find the time to work on that Ryon. With working 6/7 days a week and all it gets rough (nights and days actually). Anyway, plans are to finish up Goten then on to Ginyu then afterwards on to Mister Satan / Master Roshi (hint Satan and Roshi will use Young Goku as a base and be able to 'fly' on top of 'Baby Gamorra', hint, hint.). But Ginyu will be a rough one on account of the couple different ways on the 'Body Change' stuff. Goten is only taking a bit because all the sprites have to be edited after being ripped (Goten's face and clothes bleed into each other when ripped). Anyway, I rip the UB22 stuff against Gotenks in UB22 because Gotenks' base stage is the Room of Spirit and Time and takes less time to edit sprites that way (mostly gray background).. Also, for UB22 sprite scaling (since sprite size does change in the original game): ePSXe emulator using 800 X 600 X 16 bit color resolution... both on ground - 45% both on ground farthest apart - 77% on ground, opponent in air - 91% both in air - 52%

800 x 600 isn't too strange, it's just a fullscreen/widescreen res. i have that res on my screen for certain games i play thru my pc, like my GTA: San Andreas for example. but would the HoF just consist of character makers, or different kinds of contributions, like collectors, SP makers, etc?

800 x 600 isn't too strange, it's just a fullscreen/widescreen res. i have that res on my screen for certain games i play thru my pc, like my GTA: San Andreas for example.

but would the HoF just consist of character makers, or different kinds of contributions, like collectors, SP makers, etc?

pretty much as a mix of creators, contributers, members of the community that kind of thing. And it wouldn't just have to be just registered users on the MFFA forum.

ePSXe supports some 'strange' resolutions and at the time I started doing the PSX stuff my monitor supported the 800x600x16 bit resolution (it was also the resolution I had Win98 set to on my computer desktop back til about 2005 when I switched over to WinXP). But at the time, ePSXe didn't seem to suuport the lower resolutions too well because of the PlayStation video output specs. Back then it was either pay for Bleem! or use ePSXe or try a video capture card (time = 2003). Playstation emulators were starting up around 2001 and fairly basic at the time. As far as 'Hall of Fame'... Too much politics throughout the ages. Also, a few have been popular over time but were kind of ones that "rode on others' coat tails" types. The nice part about MUGEN is you can see 'file dates' and stuff and afterwards you kinda realized who started what and did what and such. So that is a kind of "Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame" in and of itself really. Really, though, without Elecbyte there would be no MUGEN and without the internet there would be limited sharing ability. So I guess thank yous to everyone except Microsoft, since Microsoft can never seem to get things right!!!

• 2 weeks later...