helltoast's WIP, ALWAYS in hiatus [+HD SVC:C SP]

helltoast

Since this place gets more traffic than MI nowadays (and I'm forever banned from the sacred realms of MFG), here it is.

I've been working on a 0.9:1 1280X720 SNK VS Capcom (SVC:Chaos) screenpack for Mugen1.0. Gotta go slow though, it's a pain to mimic every single sprite to a pixel degree. I mean it when I say 0.9:1.

Comments?

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks good, but could you make a 640x480 version?

Sorry, no can do, I've optimized every sprite to fit the HD resolution.

oh hey i know you, you started that NAZI thread on mfg lol

Hey, it wasn't a Nazi thread until someone got butthurt. You just mention Hitler and they get twitchy, Jesus.

Thanks :D I won't try to pull that here though, it's fun to troll the Guild because they get pissed too easily, haha. I'm actually an old-timer at MFFA, Ryon might still remember me. Anyway, I'm pretty much finished with the select screen, looking great except for the small portraits. I had to set the resolution to .25 to accommodate both hi-res and low-res characters. Took me hours to get the oddly-placed cells working. Screw you Playmore.

for a large one i would go with the longer bars thats just me.

Tried the smaller ones and it looked... odd. Too much unused space. Went with the 'HD' ones.

make the lifebars HD!

also the character select icons, make them HD to.

I'm the only one enjoying the over sized pixels ;_;

Anyway, everything's going smoothly so far, had to make a few changes (Mugen can't mirror everything SVC does) but overall the screenpack is a carbon copy of the original.

Posted Image

Just ignore the obvious mishap, I haven't edited the powerbars yet.

You're no fun, I love 'em big-ass pixels. OK, I might start re-working the sprites when I'm done with the screenpack. I'll probably leave both .SFF's though, so the player can choose the one he likes the most. BTW, I could post a list with all the changes from the original, but I think I'm the only one with OCD here, so...

I actually like how the low-res sprites look in 1280X720. I was a sucker for GG 'double'-res a while ago, but now I just like them blocky. I CAN'T BE ALONE IN THIS!?

Meh. I'll just add both .SFF files so everyone can enjoy the spack. Thanks for the idea.