How To Make A Character (Complete!)

Ryon

On 5/21/2016 at 8:35 AM, DuckMannnn said:

I wanted to watch the tutorials, but then every vid is almost an hour...

Worth the time or nah?

Definitely worth it, a lot of helpful tips for creating a character

• 3 weeks later...

I need to know how to make a normal attack cancel into a special or super like how Ryu in street fighter can do crouching medium kick into fire ball. Does anyone know how to do this? I've been searching for days on how to do this and I haven't found anything =( . Please help me.

@bluetitan214 Its all about your triggers.

in your command file.

use a trigger like this

trigger2 = stateno = 200

to go to a super state

then in the super state use something like this

trigger2 = stateno = 1000

its ALL about your triggers.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Ali said:

Hi Ryon. Do you have any Mugen stage tutorial? thanks

Yes!

I actually did not finish the stage in the video because I messed up, but its the basics to getting it up and running.

15 hours ago, sadx598 said:

With this tutorial can I start learning the basic's of editting chars?

I think that, but Im asking anyways :v

Yes! It will help you greatly in getting familiar with the most commonly used codes. Sorry that its 10 hours but... yeah! You'd learn something. Thankfully Youtube has the 2x speed feature on some videos.

32 minutes ago, Big Sally said:

Yes!

I actually did not finish the stage in the video because I messed up, but its the basics to getting it up and running.

Yes! It will help you greatly in getting familiar with the most commonly used codes. Sorry that its 10 hours but... yeah! You'd learn something. Thankfully Youtube has the 2x speed feature on some videos.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Big Sally said:

Yes!

Thanks for the answer man ^.^

Also, don't care of the time of each video, if make it that large, then I have a LOT to learn xD

it depends, sometimes people have them already converted, sometimes not.

so it all depends on what you download. I would make sure everything is converted before you do anything further.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

So, first time sign up and post at MFFA as my teen son and I are wanting to build a character (who knows maybe more) for Mugen! so its a fun project for us to work on together, i'm more the techie and he's gonna try to handle the 'artistry' part as he has played around a little in Aseprite

I know i'm replying to an old thread, but we had found Ryon's videos before seeing this thread but just wanted to thank Ryon for your videos and get signed up so can see what is all happening here at MFFA!

we're still very early on trying to figure out the easiest most straightforward method of entry, so as to not 'burn out' my son with a super daunting project.  I figured that editing already created character would be the quickest route to at least producing something.   Ryon's great videos start after the Sprite Sheet point and i'd like to see some content (from Ryon and others) on the work that happens before that point which i understand can be several different ways to go about it. guess i'd like to see folks' blogging or tips around what they do to build a character BEFORE putting into fighter factory & mugen; like do you always draw from scratch? do you like to convert premade sprite sheets from other artists? any tips/tricks or workflows for 'converting' some sprite sheet that was made for a different purpose (so scale, size etc not really matching a 'street fighter' kinda game).?  i think that pre-fighter factory workflow would be great to see from some of you that have set a high bar on character creation.  

would welcome anyone's advice or direction to great posts or videos, obviously i will look more deeply at the site too, but again this is literaly my first time here other than seeing some of the characters showcased.  Thanks again Ryon and look forward to if you put out more stuff on this topic.