Raging Ken

Ryon

What the Heck is this?!

Yes it is that time again folks! As some of you may know Every year I update Raging Ken, He's had 4 major updates so far, and several minor ones thru out the years. This being his 5th Year Anniversery as being my FIRST character, As well as (one of) the reason I made Mugen Free For All. I think its only fair that I update him PROPERLY this time.

I'm Sure all of you know how crappy the original one is, and if you don't please give him a try. Original Raging Ken

So lets recap with some brief history. Raging Ken was my first character that I ever attempted ever. I used Chloe's Violent Ken's SFF , extracted the sprites, and actually recolored all of his hair and eyes to be a orangish color. And rebuild the SFF for my own character.

When I made Raging Ken, it was purely out of frustration towards another character I was editing called Raging Ken, I do not remember the name of the author as there was no author name in his def file, but it was a Raging Ken, using Street Fighter Alpha sprites, the creator also made a Devil Jin which was a cut out from a screenshot of the game, very low quality work. Whilst editing the original Alpha Raging Ken, I got frustrated with how many sprites he was lacking and just missing all together, So I said fuck it, i'm gonna make my own. So I started from that.

The first Raging Ken I made was full of moves Ken didnt have, specials, supers, and insane amount of over kill was added to him. He had so many projectiles, at least 1 for every situation, and moves ken would never have or use (power wave and power geyser) as well as new combos he would never have or use. I couldnt figure out how to make the Shoryuken command work back then so I made his shoruken command Forward, Down, Punch.

Each year I would spruce him up fix errors, add a move or something, redo all of his effects and stuff. And more or less over work him, The Original Raging Ken would be somewhere around 500% complete. He has that much extra stuff in him.

So what's this?

Good question, the answer is. A Complete remake of Raging Ken, using the knowledge I have gained in the past 4 years, along with my preferred style "Raging". A system which I have more refined for my taste.

Using a spritesheet of Violent Ken which is avilable here on Sprite Database.

I've recolored him, or color seperation if you may. So i can more total control over his pallete than previously.

Here are his 6 Basic colors.

Posted Image

Of course the new Raging Ken will be for Mugen 1.0, and use SFF2.

Which is bad news for pallete makers. Unless they know how to make them for SFF2.

Hmm OK...Whats done?

Let's see...

All 5000's (Hurt animations)

All Basic Movement (Walk, Turn, Run, Jump, Crouch)

All Basic Attacks (Standing, Crouch, Air)

Some Special Moves (Hadouken, Shoryuken, Air Hadouken, Demon Kick)

EX Versions of Special Moves.

1 Super (Shinku Hadouken)

I would say he is about 80% Complete.

I will post up a beta of him here later on.

Additional Info.

Gameplay Mechanics

- 4 Button - Light, Heavy

- EX Movies - Light + Heavy

- SF3 and 4 "like" combos, Not exactly accurate.

- Lv1 Supers (Single Button)

- Lv3 Supers (2 Buttons Punch+Punch, or Kick+Kick)

- I Managed to find a way to incorporate the extremely strange moves from the Original Raging Ken into the new version with out breaking him (making him cheap)

Whats Left To Do?

- Recolor the rest of his sprites, I did not finish recoloring him But I did so much that he is very playable.

- Add / Get Sounds / Sound Effects

- Release

Preview Gif's

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beta

http://www.mediafire.com/?u2dcxaav8a4gnrx

This actually looks pretty epic here Ryon. Looking forward to seeing how much he has changed over the years. I had a feeling something with ken was going on with you. Just based off your Avatar! :troll:

Baws what exactly is the Raging style?

[expected answer] "Whatevah i want mothafucka..." :awesome

Its whatever i want you motherfuc--...

huh.

Its essentially, all the things i like mixed up into 1 character but it changes slightly based on origin.

Raging Fei Long, from a 6 button game, keeps the 6 buttons, gains EX's, combo-ability, Made nearly accurate to his original form, with extra moves.

Raging Ken, from a 4 button game, keeps the 4 buttons, gains Ex's, Combo-ability, Made nearly accurate to his original form, with extra moves.

But i think Ken will get more edited moves than anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...