Legend of Korra Finale thoughts/opinions (spoilers)

aperson98

I saw the Finale on Saturday and while I liked it i can't but feel a little bittersweet about it. Now before I go about this just to warn you people this topic will be filled with spoilers so if haven't seen it yet you can do so on Nick.com. Ahem anyway one I liked was the Back story of of Amon/Noatak I liked how Yakone was his father and that he escaped from prison and went to the northern water tribe although Yakone getting facial reconstruction surgery was a little silly I admit anyway I like how we that both Noatak and Tarrlok were forced to train on their bloodbending all because of their dad thirst for revenge on Aang. I also liked how Asami was forced to fight her own father. on the other hand I thought that the way Amon was defeated felt anti-climatic to say the least come on now how he could dodge lighting and face other benders throughout the other episodes near flawlessly but yet he gets airbended out the window so easily in the finale. I also don't like that after Amon was killed we get no foreshadowing of what is coming in season 2 I know some may not agree with me on this but feel that at least some hint of whats going to happen in the next season would have been nice. Anyway thats just my thoughts on the finale feel free to share yours of course. .

i pray its over. seriously TLA needed to end at the actual ending. I am not saying its a bad series the original was great. but that was it. That was the end let it end alredy. No need to continue it.

Yeah, I share the same thoughts

I heard more than once that there isn't going to be a season 2. So either they jump a couple years or a new villain might emerge. Or a lame "I'M NOT DEAD YET!"

I also heard that season 2 was already written as well again though just rumors, I like your idea of jumping ahead a few I love to see the characters a little older still, I also would love to see a new leader for the Equalists I feel that they simply can't end the confilct just because Amon is gone.

Amon rose to power quite quickly, so I believe the equalist sentiment was already there, so it would be easy for a new leader pick up where he left, or many other smaller groups (I think smaller groups through the world would be far more troublesome than a single big. Like independent cells)

There was originally only going to be 1 season, and while they were working on it, they got another one. They probably didn't change anything in the first one to account for the second season. They said they want each season to be it's own thing, so you can start on season 2 if you want, and you wouldn't be missing too much. I personally enjoyed the finale, and I'm going to hate having to wait for season 2, which most likely won't be airing until 2013.

I'm hoping that season 2 will continue Korra's fight with the Equalists I don't want a new storyline that does nothing to resolve the conflict with the Equalists. Amon may be gone but that doesn't mean that someone else can't take his place. (looking at you Hiroshi Sato.) :=D:

uhh, we never actually see Amon die y'all, just that the boat got blow'd to shits. if you look, he seem'd to know what Noatak was finna do, & accepted it, i guess feelin' it's only fitting his end be by the hand of his brother. i rather enjoy'd Korra, & it made sense to continue the Avatar legacy thru others, it's more "realistic", in a sense, in that manner. & besides, any good season finale worth its weight, especially in animation-land, is supposed to leave you hangin', play with your emotions, leave you wonderin' what's next, answerin' some ?s while still leavin' more unanswer'd 1s, that's kinda tha point. i think showin' anything of what would've been in store for season 2 IMMEDIATELY after season 1's ending woulda deminish'd the whole experience of the season 1 finale. they did it tha right way, tha way it should be done.

also 2 things: 1st, dodgin' actual AIR is a helluva lot harder than dodgin' lightning; this fact has been proven in animation, movies, video games, & real life new reports.

& 2nd, i wish i was a Metal Bender, cuz it's just awesome as hell!!! :attack:

• 2 weeks later...

This show just got renewed for 26 more episodes, in addition to the 26 that were already planned. That brings the total to 52. "Season 1, Book 2" airs in 2013. I have no idea what's going to happen in these next 40 episodes, seeing as Korra is pretty much a fully realized avatar.

This show just got renewed for 26 more episodes, in addition to the 26 that were already planned. That brings the total to 52. "Season 1, Book 2" airs in 2013.

I have no idea what's going to happen in these next 40 episodes, seeing as Korra is pretty much a fully realized avatar.

So happy to hear that thanks Twrs828 I'm hoping that there will be a new leader worse then Amon ever was I feel Hiroshi Sato would fill this role nicely where as Amon was happy simply taking bending away Hiroshi would use "darker" methods to deal with them. I feel that the Equalists could be like the Avatar version of the Nazis if they did it right just my two cents.