Mike Haggar by Sean Altly Released

Laharl

[Preview]

Posted Image

[Download]

http://network.mugenguild.com/seanaltly/ > Character bios > Mike Haggar!

[Comment]

awesome Haggar I am not a major Haggar player but this is the best one ive tried in mugen has everything I know Haggar for and uses his mvc3 voice as well as his leadpipe and 2 supers from the game as well.

Copy pasted from seanaltlys original post

So, here he is guys. I'd say "finally" but it's actually not been a long wait, just over a month, month and a half tops. Anyway, this version has no custom AI, so it will work in WinMugen. I wasn't going to release without AI at first, but Haggar is very popular and I don't want my inbox flooded with people asking for a WinMugen version or patch or whatever.

Notes:

-Uses the Capcom vs. the World style gameplay. If you're unfamiliar with that, here are the basics:

-4 attack buttons, LP,HP,LK,HK (default x,y,a,b)

-Grab button or "G" Button (default c), used for grabs

-Special Button or "S" Button (default z), used for Supers and for a character specific "Unique Tactic"

-Loose chaining system, very cancel heavy, not as many links

-The sprites were drawn by me, based on his Saturday Night Slammasters sprites, hence the different proportions than his MVC3 appearance, with some help from GTF/Gsuki and Felo_Llop

-NOT INTENDED TO BE MVC3 ACCURATE!!! There are definitely influences, enough so that a Haggar player should feel a bit comfortable, but this character is an original combination of MVC3, Slammasters, and new/unique elements

-I'm aware Haggar dishes out a ton of damage, and can perform 350+ damage combos with no meter. This was possible in MVC3, so I'm leaving it as is for now. I think you'll find his slow speed, long recovery on many moves, along with other factors balance it out.

-I know his voice clips are kind of low. I will make them louder at some point.

-A lot of people made palettes for him. I've just become aware that when people post a template, they mean to include the palettes people make with the character. I honestly thought it was just so you guys could make your own palettes to release on your own. I used one of .Hades. palettes and a bunch of MDD's. To everyone else, feel free to release the palettes you made as packs. Sorry for the misunderstanding. There were some very good ones from Caddie, MC2 and Chosis, so I hope they release them to the public.

-This character has been very, very thoroughly beta-tested. Now, I'm not saying it will be 100% free of bugs or problems, since we're not perfect. However, due to the thorough beta-testing, unless something seems obviously off, any combo that you can or can't connect with is probably intentional.

CREDITS:

Garuda, Buckus, and Davismaximus for paying for the Haggar sprites, I hope you are happy with the product Posted Image

MDD, .Hades., and others for palettes

POTS for his open-source FX and some code in Hyper Lariat

Capcom for creating Haggar

MGMUrrow and GT Yzan for voice rips

Cybaster, Orochi Gill, MC2, Cazaki, and Lost_Avenger for beta testing

Mugen Fighters Guild and Iced for their continued support

You!

My problems with Sean's chars are the voices & the palette sheets. His Sub Zero for example, great gameplay unusual voice "Lin Kuei, hrmmph mmphh mphh" I'm left confused of what he just said & For every single char of his its always a trial & error for palette making. Because the pals by him & Mala Dong Dong or whatever the hell his name is are Bland as hell. So I take it upon my self to make new ones.CM Punk, I liked him enough to keep at it but as for Haggar, when I got like 7 SM Haggar Pals which I'll upload later, It's just to damn tedious & pointless for me

of course its by Seanaltly I have never been disappointed with his creations.

I really should try more of Seanaltly's characters. The only one I've downloaded was Solid Snake, and while I was pretty disappointed, that had more to do with hype, not being a big fan of the character in the first place, and a move-pool that caught me as shallow. So it had more to do with expecting too much more than anything else. All things considered, it was still an above average MUGEN character, I guess I just didn't have fun playing as the character.

Still, I DO like Haggar as a character. And CM Punk. And Jin Kazama. I might try those guys out.

I really should try more of Seanaltly's characters. The only one I've downloaded was Solid Snake, and while I was pretty disappointed, that had more to do with hype, not being a big fan of the character in the first place, and a move-pool that caught me as shallow. So it had more to do with expecting too much more than anything else. All things considered, it was still an above average MUGEN character, I guess I just didn't have fun playing as the character.

Still, I DO like Haggar as a character. And CM Punk. And Jin Kazama. I might try those guys out.

defiantlyTry His CM Punk, Also Tristan is really good as well

defiantlyTry His CM Punk, Also Tristan is really good as well

Really good is an understatement. He's AWESOME! (Tried it just now.)

I really like simple-type grappler characters like him. (I'm really bad at strength grapplers, like Zangief or Birdie. I'm okay with them in MUGEN, since I seem to be able to pull off their 3-quarter Circle moves, but in their original games it seems near impossible for me to pull those complicated moves.)

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Sean try something, oh I dunno, different. He seems to specialize in Human designs that, generally, take themselves too seriously(Which is one of the main reasons I'm not much of a Solid Snake fan). I wouldn't mind seeing what he would do with a hideous monster design or something generally non-human, but still generally serious toned.

My problems with Sean's chars are the voices & the palette sheets.

His Sub Zero for example, great gameplay unusual voice

"Lin Kuei, hrmmph mmphh mphh" I'm left confused of what he just said

& For every single char of his its always a trial & error for palette making. Because the pals by him & Mala Dong Dong or whatever the hell his name is are Bland as hell.

So I take it upon my self to make new ones.CM Punk, I liked him enough to keep at it but as for Haggar, when I got like 7 SM Haggar Pals which I'll upload later, It's just to damn tedious & pointless for me

you jelly of their pals :troll:

Oh Hell no

Pale,Faded Colors-Drab & Dull

I understand why you complain. I'm not a big fan of dull colors either. I prefer color over practically monochrome passed off as "realistic." ...But I still don't see why that's something to lose your head over.