[Dungeon Fighter Online]: God Fragment -Insanity Drive-

Zerobeat

In case you've never heard of Dungeon Fighter Online (DFO), here's a quick summary:

It's a 2D Beat em Up MMO taking up the style of Streets of Rage, Sengoku, Arcade D&D, so on and so forth and adding RPG elements to it, as well as expanding upon Beat em Up formula by throwing strange and downright unbelievable twists.

Here is the website in case you want to learn more about the source material http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/

Anyways, A group of friends and I play the game together and wonder what would happen if a fighting game were to erect itself? There's PvP in that game but not so much resembling a 2D fighting game in the least, which is why I proposed this idea to them, most of them liked the idea even though I wasn't really serious when I showed it to them, so now I've got a project to complete.

Now I don't have much experience playing around with Mugen and that's why I joined here after being recommended here by a friend. It's still in planning stages since I don't have much time to work on it (although summer is right around the corner...) and a couple of my friends also contributed. It is possible to take the sprites from the game and that's what I intend to do, to use them in a totally different way than they were intended to, and while a few people have made characters from this game in the past they were horrendously unbalanced with AI designed to exploit infinite combos (though not as unbalanced compared to most mugen characters). The idea is to try and make this as balanced as possible.

http://promenade.omg...a-fighting-game

Pretty much all of my ideas have been written down here, the stories and character themes will be forgo'd for now. I have a ton of questions and I'm putting this here so when I go to ask questions and stuff, this is pretty much the reason why, I'm basically making an entire fighting game for them, sans some other stuff.

I originally intended to have a plot with each character having a story mode, the fact that the player will have to swap files everytime they want to play a different story is a bit of a turnoff, but if you've read a part of it, a lot of it sounds similar to BlazBlue (it wasn't intended, it just so happened to play out like that). In other words, I need to know what is not possible of what I have planned, since there's so much I need to do. I plan to have a demo released sometime with a few of the characters, that is if I can get this to work.

sooo wait... what is your work in progress exactly?

I used to play DFO, I stoped at lv43.

Uhh, due to procrastination it's still just stuff on paper and ideas, I meant to make this thread awhile ago (also due to said procrastination).

Basically I'm taking a ton my friends' characters and making them more like fighting game characters, instead of how it is in DFO where you only have 1 attack button and tons of hotkeys, and then having arenas taken directly from the game.

If I'm lucky maybe I can add a story too...