Overlord Laharl

Laharl

WOO HOO yeah thats right hes being made and who else better to make him than myself? ok so he doesn't have alot done, he has most of his required sprites besides a crouch , guard, jump, landing, and stuff like that. its being sprited for me.

anyways here is his first attack Blade rush its a normal move the damage will be increased this was for testing purposes, and such. This attack might need some minor tweaks but its basically done. I am now working on a super version of Blade rush.

Some things about this character.

Laharl is the Son of King Krichevskoy one of the former rulers of one of the netherworlds (there are multiple ones) He was woken up from a 2 year sleep by etna only to find his father Had died. With his father gone Laharl is now the heir to the throne but many demons wanted to stop him from achieving that goal so the whole story is basically Laharls rise to power as well as maturing a bit. he has 2 Main Vassals named Etna and Flonne. Etna used to be loyal to Laharls father which is the one reason she somewhat serves him. Flonne is an angel sent from celestia on a fake mission who joins Laharl and serves him for awhile. He has some others but they aren't all that important in future plots. He also has TONS of prinnys who work for him as well.

After the main game that was his the rest of the disgaea titles change to other worlds Laharl is present in them all only to try to steal the Main character role for himself by trying to kill you. He is also recruitable in every disgaea game. Normally near the end of the game. he has made many other cameo party appearances but i won't get into that. Besides this one since his sprites are from that game.

These sprites come from La Pucelle Ragnarok. he was a cameo party member as well as etna flonne and prinny. Anyway enough about his bio I will answer anything else you guys wanna know but lets get on to the gif of his attack.

Posted Image

so thats what he has atm as far as attacks go. expect much more to come in the future hes an official WIP and will get done eventually!

now then I plan on making him completely accurate to the disgaea series and his cameo appearances all attacks he has he will have used in one of his appearances. blade rush is a generic sword skill anyone can learn but theres no reason he should not have it due to using a sword. its also the move everyone is most familiar with who played disgaea hour of darkness as its the first skill he learns in the beginning of the game.

now then anyone else who wishes to help with sprites please don't hesitate to contact me as I need them. he will have voice rips from all his game appearances and possibly some from his anime dub. he will ONLY have an english voice, and will also have disgaea attack sound rips. look forward to when he is one day done.

don;t count on soon lol, i don't have many sprites lol. I need more sprites done I have one person making them for me well 2 somewhat but not many. I need more sprites mainly thats what will keep this from being done anytime soon.

so after seeing this gif a few times i realize i need to modify the ground bounce that is way to high for this. so ill be fixing that. also he blinks cause hes missing a crouch anim once he has one it won't blink.

nice one that blade rush looks epic, (i'm imagining it with GG hitsparks :D).. oh by the way wat type of gameplay are you aiming? MVCish or KOFish or totally original?

custom completely custom. disgaea is only a strategy rpg game and such so they have no fighting system this will be entirely custom gameplay. no mvc no kof just stuff that fits the character.

ultimates? um he will have supers some stronger than others no, he will not have ex moves. this is a custom gameplay character im not going for any certain style but my own : )

Update showing Rune Dimension I will probably mess with the vels though other than that attack is basically done its fully voiced and has all sound effects needed as well enjoy!

Posted Image

next is meteor impact overlords wrath and blazing knuckle hurray for having an awesome spriter.

sweet.. hmm since flonne's an angel type maybe she cud heal laharl and Etna can attack with a spear.. ooh ooh how bout the prinny squad doing similar to tron's hyper in MVC2 where the servbots rush-in in a straight line accross the screen :awesome

thats not a bad idea but idk then maybe make them all fall over and explode or something, flonne will not be healing she will be doing some kind of love related attack, etna would definitely use a spear.

ooh ooh can i suggest names: u shud call that C.U.M. shower (Charging Ultimate Mereor) shower :=D:

.. and also F.U.C.K. (Flaming Ultimate Charging Knucle) :awesome

you know the first time it wasnt funny. and definately the 2nd time its just not funny. So stop while your ahead.

UPDATE TIME

Laharl now has Basic movements crouch jump guard ect,

I have updated Rune dimension fixed vels and also got a way better effect thanks to Ryon

Meteor impact is now coded took awhile but i got it First I will show the new rune dimension

Posted Image

now is meteor impact

Posted Image

explanation of the move if you cant tell alredy, You do a super pause to start out Laharl does a slash if the slash connects then it puts p2 in a shall we say useless state moving them to the center of the stage setting them up for meteor impact, if you miss or the opponent guards with this slash however you waste 3 bars of power and it cancels the move leaving you open. the slash may change once my spriter finishes more slash sprites.

next up is overlords wrath.